Ever wanted to learn to PvP? Now's your chance!

Discussion in 'PvP University [P*U]' started by Ervin, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Ervin

Ervin Well-Known Member

It has come to my attention that this sever is lacking the volume of PvP that it should have considering the size and popularity of the server. I know that people will nitpick certain aspects of the PvP mechanics here, factions, or Order/Chaos for the reasons why PvP is suffering...but I am a firm believer that there are many people who are sitting on the sidelines but are put off to try to PvP for reasons such as they are not good at it, they have never tried, they don't know how, etc...

For this reason I am starting a new Guild that's main purpose is to introduce players to PvP slowly and build their confidence by teaching them how to do things such as

1) Create or Fine-tune a template for PvP
    2) Set up basic hot keys for their template
    3) Set up basic-advanced macros for PvP
    4) Understanding the mechanics of PvP
    5) How to cross heal, survive a dump, synch, and mana management
    6) How to 5X, 7X, 2vs2, 4vs4, fight outnumbered, & survival tactics
    7) How to use YOUR template best

Plus more!

The basic premise of the guild will be to take a person, teach them all they need to know to make them proficient at PvP, and graduate them to go on and join a Faction, another PvP Guild, or forge their own path. Perhaps some will join to learn to better defend themselves from Pk's, and some will go on to practice and become the most renowned PvPers on the server. But the guild is not intended to become a permanent home for players. You may stay as long as you feel the need or as long as you are working to better yourself, but the guild will not function as a normal PvP guild, it will be nothing but a training grounds. It is not intended to take up the place of your current guild or all of your time. There will be scheduled classes you can plan around as well as constant availability to train if you so desire. I hope to have many events that will enlist the participation of other PvP guilds and PvPers of the community for training purposes, and no I won't ask them to take it easy on you!

So what qualifications do you need? Simple.

1) Have enough UO experience to know your way around the basics of the game, if you are new to UO please see Jebidiah and the [NEW] guild. http://uorforum.com/threads/new-player-clan-new.6092/
    2) Have a useable template with decent skill values. This does not mean you need a 7x GM character but you don't need to be fizzling energy bolts as well.
    3) Use Razor and only Razor. Any use of illegal 3rd party programs will get you banned from the guild, publicly humiliated, and reported to staff. You don't need them to be good.
    4) Have enough funds to supply yourself with reagents, weapons, potions, etc...PvP can get expensive so it's best to have some gold in the bank
    5) Have a positive, respectful attitude and willingness to learn. You will be working with me and others. A positive reinforcement atmosphere is the only one I will tolerate.
    6) You must be willing to use voice comms. It's not necessary to speak but you must be at least able to listen
    7) Use IRC for ease of mass communication for the guild. There are many free irc programs available, I suggest www.mirc.com

Pretty simple huh? Like I said before you can join to learn as little or as much as you would like and to gain step by step experience and introduction into the awesome world of UO PvP. If you're interested in taking part in this then please pm me with the following information:

1) Character name
    2) Template. Please give specific skill values.
    3) Stats
    4) PvP experience level
    5) Timezone and times you play.

I hope to hear from you soon. The guild will be opening recruitment to the stone on Monday 8/18/14. If you have any questions feel free to contact me. If you've ever thought about PvP now is the best time to get involved, CTF is just around the corner!
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
    Geo, dracula, Wise and 9 others like this.
  2. Brymstone

Brymstone Well-Known Member

Who will be teaching this Top Gun academy of PvP?
  3. Genocide

Genocide Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

If you would like help training people, Bart and I would be more then happy to assist. Even if its in a negative aspect such as being an enemy or a target. Outnumbered group fights, 2v2's, dueling, you name it. If it is prearranged we wont loot etc... I hope you can look past your dislike for me and take advantage of our offer.
    Lyta, Geo, bart simpson and 1 other person like this.
  4. Ervin

Ervin Well-Known Member

I will. But who am I? On this server I'm unknown to the PvP scene and just now got all my characters finished for the most part. I played on Great Lakes for many years and ran a successful war guild there. I have trained lots of people how to PvP from scratch. It's something I enjoy and seeing that it could be of use here I've decided to step up. Keep in mind this is more like PvP boot camp rather than Top Gun academy ;)

Well first let's be clear. I don't know you so I don't dislike you or like you at this point lol. I have no interaction with either of you but I did get a chuckle at your expense from that thread if yours lol. I appreciate your offer to help and I will accept it. I will look to talk to you later on about arranging some scenarios and fights to help with the training. Thank you.
    Genocide likes this.
  5. Jakob

Jakob Well-Known Member

I think this would be the perfect guild for my alt, Archibald!
  6. Cryptkeeper

Cryptkeeper New Member

Well if they have Genocide and Bart as instructors I'm sure you'll have no problem getting in Franz, I mean Archibald
  7. Ervin

Ervin Well-Known Member

The guild will have no outside instructors at this time. It will however accept any assistance from PvP guilds, pvpers, or Pks not in stat as an opposing force to friendly fight to put what they have learned in to action.

Anyone who wants to help out should contact me and I will put you on my contact list to set up fights when that time frame comes.
    Jupiter and Cassidy like this.
  8. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

This thread is full of win. I hope this gets a lot attention and participation. Like or hate them Bart and genocide are good at dirty napping people.
  9. Ervin

Ervin Well-Known Member

Thus far I have had several people contact me to get started. I'm hoping to have a great turn out this week and going forward have a steady flow of bodies to train. Hopefully after a couple of months we will see a nice return on the investment!
    garvey likes this.
  10. Rokk

Rokk Member

Good stuff... very impressed :D
  11. Cassidy

Cassidy New Member

Pop pop! First class tonight!
    Mes likes this.
  12. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Cassidy and Xegugg like this.
  13. bart simpson

bart simpson Well-Known Member

I am very happy to support this effort. Please contact me as a viable training partner. Think I am full of shit and suck? I will let the numbers speak for themselves... http://www.uorenaissance.com/pvpleaderboard/4 I am Inti Jiwana
  14. Ervin

Ervin Well-Known Member

I appreciate the offer and will use you when the time is right. Thanks.
  15. illbottleya

illbottleya Member

One day in and I've already gotten a lot out of this. Ervin is serious about helping people out and real easy to work with.
  16. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Bart, you suck.
    I'm game to be a meatwall if I'm around when class is in session. I build confidence well, because I find the dirt rather quickly.
    Ervin likes this.
  17. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

I'll volunteer time to help when I'm around.
    Ervin likes this.
  18. Punt

Punt Well-Known Member

If ever there were a true test of PvP prowess and skill, the slaughter of bards, tamers and AFK people would certainly be it....
    bart simpson likes this.
  19. dracula

dracula Active Member

1) Sarah Johnson
    2) Heal/Mage 100 - Healing, Eval, Medit, Magery, Wrestling, Resist, Anatomy.
    3) 95 STR, 35 DEX, 95 INT
    4) PvP experience level - 1
    5) Timezone - GMT -3. I don't have a specific time to play, it's hard to say, but it's easy to find me in the weekend.
  20. BelXavier

BelXavier Member

I have learned a good amount in two short lessons. I encourage anyone that is interested in learning the finer skills of pvp to follow along. The instructor is very knowledgeable and is good at helping all levels of pvpers.
    Cassidy likes this.