Faction Toon Builds Thread

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by GnarlyUOR, Mar 15, 2022.

1. GnarlyUOR

GnarlyUOR Member

I am starting a thread here to see if we can get some people's skills buildout for factions. We want them all! Typical builds AND your "Exotic" builds. Let's see dem skills; ladies, and gents.
    Vincent Blackshadow likes this.
  2. GnarlyUOR

GnarlyUOR Member

I currently have three builds - Working on a stun mage with stealing as we speak.

Scribe/Stun Mage
    Anatomy - 100
    Wrestling - 100
    Magery - 100
    Resist - 100
    Meditation - 100
    Inscription - 100
    Eval - 100

Thief/Tracker
    Stealing - 100
    Stealth - 100
    Hiding - 100
    Magery - 100
    Tracking - 100
    Detect Hidden - 100
    Snooping - 100

Confused Mage Dexxer
    Anatomy - 100
    EvalInt - 100
    Healing - 100
    Magery - 100
    Fencing - 100
    Meditation - 100
    MagicResist - 100
    Delstrudo likes this.
  3. Patek

Patek Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Factions has been awesome for trying stuff out

Hider/LoS Axer (cycled out at the moment):
    Hiding - 100
    Swords - 100
    LJ - 100
    Tactics - 100
    Anatomy - 100
    Resist - 100
    Healing 100

Character exploits LoS around buildings and hiding in general to disappear and finish heals, break combos etc. Strengths in outnumbered ‘hit and run’ style combat (2v1 and 3v1 etc), but no magery means large group fights are trickier as healing is slower.

Archer Fencer:
    Archery - 100
    Fencing - 100
    Tactics - 100
    Anatomy - 100
    Resist - 100
    Healing - 100
    Magery - 50
    Meditation - 50

Just finished this for Season 2. Using heavy x-now and bow to get solid damage at range for a laugh and then fencing for the rest. 50/50 mage/med means reflect and lots of heals can still be cast 100% using scrolls.

Working on some others (thief) but still to finalise :p
    GnarlyUOR and Delstrudo like this.
  4. Delstrudo

Delstrudo Well-Known Member

There's LOTS of wiggle room with templates for factions, after messing with a few I will say having 80 stealing (the minimum required to steal a sigil) on a fighting character is super clutch. That extra 20 points? Use your imagination ;)
    GnarlyUOR likes this.
  5. fefe

fefe Active Member

here are my faction toons and their playstyle

stun/scribe mage:

magery 100
    eval 100
    med 100
    scribe 100
    wrestle 100
    anatomy 100
    resist 100

95/95/35 dex *Should go without saying but always keep cunning and pots up, being above 100 int is very important. Don't worry about mind blast on mage templates as its typically not used in syncs, and balancing your stats enough to nerf MB damage in a significant way is going to do more harm than good.

Can't go wrong with the age old scribe mage, not much to say other than I think its the best faction template even with the relentless mana drain wand spam. Saving your reflect for after fights start can be a good strategy, just make sure you don't get caught out and get stunned... Also sometimes you will want protection or RA if the ops have a lot of dexxers and reflect isn't pulling its weight. This template doesn't really have a hard counter, its beast mode in any situation.

stun/thief mage:

magery 100
    eval 100
    med 100
    resist 100
    wrestle 100
    stealing 100
    anatomy 100

95/95/35 dex *

This template just lets you steal sigils and contribute to fights the same way the scribe mage would. You can run 80 stealing if you can find something sneaky to do with the extra 20 skill points. Not ideal if you find yourself in a 1v1 for some reason, but you can certainly still drop someone.

med warrior:

fencing 100
    tactics 100
    anatomy 100
    healing 100
    magery 100
    resist 100
    meditation 100

95/80/50 int *

A great QOL template for your team with a unique and fun playstyle. Priority one is cross heals (as it should be with anything but I would say even more so with this template specifically). In large fights you want to open with having g heal precast and start attacking the closest person to you that is spamming mana drain wands, this will give you a 100% hit chance and landing the first hit para blow is a huge tempo swing. If they go on the defensive cancel your g heal and weaken into poison to contribute to your teams sync (do this for every call unless you need to be healing) then proceed to spear people. In small fights open with mana drain wand to strip reflect so your mages don't have to. This will let your team call a sync right away, giving you the edge. Never stop throwing purple pots. Don't be scared to take outnumbered fights! If your buddies aren't on and you want some action this a great template to take out. You can 1v2+ mages if you play it right. However LJs and poison dexxers will hard counter you so I would suggest avoiding these fights if you are alone. They are going to out dps you and there isn't much you can do about it.

scribe warrior:

fencing 100
    tactics 100
    healing 100
    magery 100
    resist 100
    scribe 100

100/80/45 int *

A friend and I made these as sort of a meme but the few times we played them it was a lot of fun and out performed our expectations. People aren't going to expect you to have inscription and its funny ; )