Fortifying masks

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Hiji Zuru, Dec 20, 2022.

1. Hiji Zuru

Hiji Zuru Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Hello all, sorry if this is the wrong section of the forum but I was wondering what exactly I should be worried about regarding a mask breaking and perhaps other flashy clothing. I beleive I remember fortifying powder of some kind and you need to max it out to make masks unbreakable. Soo I had a couple questions on that topic:

1. BODs are the only source of fort?

2. Is there anything else that I should be worried about breaking in combat or something like that. And is it PVP only or does PVE also damage the items.
  2. Blendax

Blendax Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

1. Yeah, BODs are the only way to get fort powder (or from buying it from other players).

2. Clothing/footwear you won't have to worry about. Masks, yes. Off the top of my head, I can't think of anything else, unless you find a set of invulnerability armor you want to keep. You'd also need fort powder for bows and staves.
    Kiryana likes this.
  3. Hiji Zuru

Hiji Zuru Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Sweet thanks for the explanation. off to WTB for some fort to snort
  4. Leeloo

Leeloo Well-Known Member

Pants and fancy shirts can also be damaged if you use them instead of armor.

Basically anything that covers an armor slot (mask/pants/fancy shirts) can de damaged and destroyed both on PvM or PvP. Everything else is safe and doesn't need to be fort powdered.
    Kiryana likes this.