Guard Commander Outposts

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by Cero, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Cero

Cero Well-Known Member

Bored with the same old grind? PVP/PK gank squads got you down? Ready for an adventure? Look no further!

Introducing the new player run quest hubs surrounding the King's Highway! Questions?, of course you have a few questions so let me cover the basics:

What is a quest hub? Simple, Travel to any of the locations below and seek out the player run vendors that are selling books with a "quest" detailed inside them.

How does one complete a "quest"? Purchase a quest book and complete the task within, write a story of your adventure in the sub-forum The Salty Dog Tavern and profit!(rewards are given out by the players who write the quest so some time may be needed to receive your reward, be patient!)
    The King's Highway? Log off right now and never return!....No really....Just kidding, The King's Highway is the roadways between the major cities of Britannia.
    What kinds of quests are there? Quests for killing monsters, exploring areas, patrolling the highway, collecting items...as time goes on more quests will be added as well as unique and variety quests will be created!

More info:
    All quests are based in the area where they are located, meaning you will not pick up a quest in the north and have to travel to the southern tips of the world!(This may change with some of the larger unique quests in the making) There are additional rewards with some quests that will be outlined within the books(ie. collecting items looted from monsters on the quest). Along with a quest vendor, there will be a supplies vendor with limited goods for your travels. Remember, have fun and let your imagination take over!

Ale will be served at every location...Because no great story ever started with a salad.

Guard Commander's Office - East OPEN!

Cero_5-10_14.54.jpg

Located at the large guard post between the Desert of Compassion and the Bloody Plains, the lieutenant at the desk is waiting with your orders!

Additional items at this location:
    Supplies vendor with small reagent bags, potion bags, bandages, arrows, torches and books to write your adventure in!
    Level 1 map packs, not interested in a written adventure? then grab a few maps and make your own, no cartography and lock picking skills needed!

Guard Commander's Office - South UNDER CONSTRUCTION!

Cero_2-2_14.19.jpg

Located south on the road between Britain and Trinsic.

Guard Commander's Office - West OPEN! And Under Siege!

Cero_5-10_14.54-1.jpg

Located in the west between the cities of Yew, Britain and Skara Brae. The Orc Fort to the west has laid siege to this location, travel there should be used with extreme caution!

Additional items at this location:
    Supplies vendor with small reagent bags, potion bags, bandages, arrows, torches and books to write your adventure in!
    Level 1 map packs, not interested in a written adventure? then grab a few maps and make your own, no cartography and lock picking skills needed!

Guard Commander's Office - North LOOKING FOR LOCATION!

Wanting to help or donate!? I will be placing donation runes on the vendors soon in 1k, 5k and 10k values(they will be to the front of the office they are purchased). If you would like to donate anything else leave me a PM here or on IRC @ Cero and I will get back to you asap.

Want to help with writing quests? Jot them down in an in game book and shoot me a message(if your writing the quest please provide the reward). Tip: you can use a text editor out of game and copy and paste what you write into the in-game books!

**Disclaimer: This is currently run only by myself and will keep it stocked as well as I can. I will try not to stock more quests then I can hand out rewards for but with some of the quests having additional rewards a few days may be needed to get rewards to the adventurers. My play time is limited to afternoons EST and Wednesday and Thursday nights so this may as well limit time for getting rewards to players. Thank you for your participation and patience in waiting for your rewards!

adventurememe.png
    Last edited: May 10, 2017
  2. Cero

Cero Well-Known Member

Reserved.
  3. Alex Caember

Alex Caember Well-Known Member

I love these. The one in Paws is great and I ran one in Ocllo for while before the building switched owners. I will get in touch with you about additional quests as well as donations!
    Cero likes this.
  4. Hiji Zuru

Hiji Zuru Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Awesome idea!

[​IMG]
    Bayara, PaddyOBrien and Cero like this.
  5. Krothu

Krothu Well-Known Member

*growls* Da Dezurt belawng ta Bludchok Hai. Awl Uumies dat travul der bettur hav Tribyute ta pazz oar Uu gunna pai wiff Bluud! Dat nub ani panzee Keeng hywai dat Urk hywai. Uu bin tuld!!!
    Xegugg, Jakob, Ruck and 4 others like this.
  6. Cero

Cero Well-Known Member

Thanks for the support guys! Looking forward to making this as awesome as I can. I only hope people enjoy it!

@Krothu oh there will be plenty of clubbing of orcs listed among my quests...after all its my favorite past time!
  7. Krothu

Krothu Well-Known Member

Har Har Har *snorts* Remembur wut Urk du ta dem stinkee Empz??? Dat wuz nutin kompayrd ta wutz en stoar fer trazpazzerz en Urk territury dat nub pai ub!! *sharpens rusty ax*
    Alex Caember, Bayara and Cero like this.
  8. Bayara

Bayara Well-Known Member

Never thought i'd say this...
    ::chuckles::
    But i'm with the orc on this.
    The southern woods of Yew have long been the home of outlaws and we aren't so happy to see a guard outpost setup there.
    Nooo sir!
    Expect resistance.
    ::sticks her tongue out::
    Cero, Alex Caember and Krothu like this.
  9. Cero

Cero Well-Known Member

Seems like the orcs in the east are trying to send a message!

Cero_2-6_14.02.jpg

@Bayara I am thinking of having the western outpost be more of a siege with how hostile those woods are, and don't think for a minute that brigand fort is off limits to quests!
    Jupiter, Jakob, Vishakt and 3 others like this.
  10. Krothu

Krothu Well-Known Member

Bludchok Hai kach deez panzeez wyle dem sleebin. Weem chop dem ta littul peesiz den konstrukt Urk vuuduu totum az warnin ra awl dat kom ta Urk dezurt.
    Vishakt, Bayara and Cero like this.
  11. Bayara

Bayara Well-Known Member

come on down!
    we've got plenty of pikes...
    nobody's head will go without one.

I am curious how siege quests would go.
    the idea would be kinda team skirmish adventure that you'd post about.
    sounds fun!
    eherruh, Muguk, Vishakt and 1 other person like this.
  12. Jakob

Jakob Well-Known Member

This is just the best! I've been thinking of putting up custom quests with books myself, nice to see ppl already on it!
    Bayara and Cero like this.
  13. Cero

Cero Well-Known Member

Not sure on quests, but the deco theme will def be a siege laden outpost. I wish we had boss type monsters that spawned, would make those quests easier (ie. Go cut the head off the snake type of thing). Maybe we can make a push for more "mid" level boss types.

I want to see thief quests!!

Bayara and PaddyOBrien like this.
  14. Muguk

Muguk Active Member

Nubhosh gard towur gittin smashed!!! *prepares catapult*
    Bayara likes this.
  15. Bayara

Bayara Well-Known Member

would be cool if killing the brigand NPC's at the Yew camp had a chance to spawn a brigand mini boss... like a weaker Grand Visor.
    give more people some incentive to pay us a visit :)

YES!
    Vishakt likes this.
  16. Cero

Cero Well-Known Member

@Muguk your message was received, but your two foul smelling "friends" will not be returning to the fort!

Cero_2-13_13.50.jpg
    Bayara and PaddyOBrien like this.
  17. Cero

Cero Well-Known Member

With word of an Orc uprising, the Western Outpost has been fitted with a Lieutenant and a Supply Sergeant for the upcoming war, as well as the Eastern Outpost being restocked. The Southern Outpost is operational as the HQ for the new Patrol Division.
    Alex Caember and Jupiter like this.
  18. Cero

Cero Well-Known Member

Bump, west and east outposts have quests available, as well as the new bounty style quests!
    Jupiter likes this.
  19. Cero

Cero Well-Known Member

Bump for a restock! Get out there and have an adventure!
  20. Muguk

Muguk Active Member

*Britannia Guard Corps shout* "Orcs! Lay Down Your Weapons" *The Orcs Respond* "KOM EN GIT DEM!!!"