Help me get more views than Pnfimpernilly!

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Jupiter, Feb 19, 2014.

Will you sign the petition?

1. I hereby sign the petition and support an annulment of marriage as stated below

73.1%
  2. I am a secret cA associate, and I wish the world to know it!

26.9%
  1. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

Citizens of Sosaria,

This month of love has brought about many quite unexpected and completely mind boggling love affairs and escapades!

The one that perplexes me the most, is that of the Franz Pfniffernelly's uncontrollable passion towards Sherelle of Paws! I fear the village of Paws will be no match should Franz employ the full force of the Associates in order to wed his supposed affianced. I have already sworn to lay down my life, but I fear such a demonstration would only end up with Jupiter's bloody corpse upon the wedding altar, and Franz still left free to consummate his fanatical love

Therefore, I render unto you, this petition. I do not hold any hopes that Lord Brit (where ever he is) will honor this document. But it is the last resort I can think of.

By signing this petition you acknowledge that, in the event that Franz Pfniffel succeeds in his brazen and wholly unaccepted attempts of marrriage, you will support a one time annulment of marriage between Sherelle of Paws and Franz Pfniffel of cA.

The powers and reach of cA stretch into every corner of society, government, and law. The only chance this petition will have is if the entire population of this shard of Sosaria unite to overturn their attempts to legally compel Sherelle into unholy and carnal bondage!

(As this is my last and only resort, I hope they don't manage to steal my petition thread and bury it in the vast treasure troves of cA!)

EDIT: disclaimer, when I set up the petition I at first only wanted to allow for one option (sign the petition) however, it seems that cA was already on to me, and therefore somehow hacked the website and required me to put two options. Hence the reason for the cAttack.
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
    Chris and Mes like this.
  2. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence!
    Jupiter likes this.
  3. Jupiter

Thanks Wise! Let Sherelle's heart be free to imagine her own love!!
    Wise likes this.
  4. Ningauble

Ningauble Active Member
    UO:R Donor

As much as I am a fan of Franz and his associates, I see how this troubles you Jupiter and will sign the petition to protect Sherelle
    Jupiter likes this.
  5. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

Sorry guys, but once a cA-permitted Justice of the Peace (Which only 2 exist to date) pronounces them Mr. and Mrs. Pfniffel, it cannot be reversed regardless of how many signatures this old bat collects on the forums.

A man much wiser than us all once said these great words of wisdom:

Jakob and Jupiter like this.
  6. LudKrud

LudKrud Active Member

mebbe dat umie sheem lyke dumhed umies steeky feengurz........grah......ef ee hab tu ee kan kom en mayke grubek chak frum bof of dem......mebbe puht ull dat garlik en et....den ebri-ise ged grub en nub weddeeng....ull habbee!!!!
    Jupiter likes this.
  7. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

While I find myself drawn to support my longtime friend Jupiter, I am remiss with the acceptance of true love as can only be found in the greatest of legends. Love transcends all things regardless of turmoil, conflict, or otherwise. If it has been deemed the truth, by all accounts, it must be so.

As such, I feel it relevant to out myself as the cA agent of most ill repute.
    Daffy Duck, Wise and Jupiter like this.
  8. Jupiter

You probably helped them hax the website!!!!

*shakes fist*
  9. Samorite

Samorite Renaissance Game Master
    Renaissance Staff

What will the offspring look like ?
    Jupiter likes this.
  10. Godric Greycliff

Godric Greycliff Well-Known Member

While I tend to defer to the Grey Wizard in both matters of the heart as well as civil law I, too, am acquainted with the pain of yearning after the heart of one of these unattainable Freemaidens. Should the noble bard, Franz, succeed in winning the hand of Lady Sherelle I shall champion the effort of seeing that their union is legally recognized within the bounds of Stormhold in spite of my waning influence within the council.

. . . And stop hoarding Freemaidens, Jup! It's not fair!
    Jupiter likes this.
  11. Sherelle

Sherelle Member

Am I allowed to sign this? Because I did. Haha.
    Jupiter and Traviesty like this.
  12. Walisin

Walisin Member

On which side of the bill? ~.~
    Jupiter and Huzke like this.
  13. Daffy Duck

Daffy Duck Guest

My view on the whole subject !!

It is tradition that the bride's family pay for the wedding (assuming this will take place). Surely a registrar fee of 100K in gold would need to be paid to make the name change legal.

This poses the question of Sherelle's background - does she come from a family of this wealth to make these kind of payments for the registration and then theres the event to be paid for too.

I am not one to frown on young love but i do think that maybe the courtship is happening a little too swiftly and there are all kinds of matters to look into.

Such as the marital home and any prenuptial contracts as i am sure Franz has accumulated great wealth from his ill gotten gains and would be wise to protect it.

Anyway i support it and i am sure they will find a way to forge the marriage and a great event will be held !!!

Good luck Mr & Mrs Pfniffel
    Jakob likes this.
  14. Jupiter

This post has proven most effective! While many of may have thought I actually fostered hope that this petition could prevent the impending nuptials, the true aim was to obtain a more accurate estimation of just how deep the ranks of cA have infiltrated our society!

Keep revealing yourselves!
  15. Jakob

Jakob Well-Known Member

Daffy Duck: Obviously the village of Paws is counted as the family in this matter with Jupiter as the father. cA expects a great sum of gold and valuables, as is custom for the bride's family to pay.
    Daffy Duck, Jupiter and Huzke like this.
  16. Wodan

Wodan Well-Known Member

I think Jupiter is simply attempting to raise the price for his treasured daughter.

How many goats did you offer him, Franz ?

I'd say she's definitely a 10 .. 10 goats that is !
  17. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

No No, the father pays franz to take her. Jupiter is trying to get out of payment, cheapo!
    Jupiter likes this.
  18. Athena

Athena Active Member

Wait Paws has a treasury?! I thought most of our valuables went towards replacing Jup's horse on a daily basis...
    Godric Greycliff, Jupiter and Huzke like this.
  19. Jupiter

I had suspected this thread would lead to the outing of the secretive cA members; I had not even considered that the Franz would openly admit this is all about the drakmas! I had suspected this half baked scheme was some ploy to get loots, but I didn't believe he would publicly admit it until after the unsanctioned ceremonies!

He's trying to usurp our fool's gold production! Now that we know the truth you'll never steal Sherelle's heart!
    Godric Greycliff likes this.
  20. Jakob

Jakob Well-Known Member

Rather ask yourself this question: Why would Paws start gathering so many free maidens if they wouldnt have a treasury big enough to afford marrying them off?

The grey wizard's evil master plan is obviously to use these as strategical pieces (aye, pieces as in his favourite game chess) in the forming of pacts and alliances with guilds and kingdoms. All to eventually overthrow the one and true king, Lord British! The so called peaceful resistance of the Paws isnt that peaceful after all!

So, Franz, one of the few fair souls in our lands, is in fact saving Sherelle from an arranged marriage with some king (perhaps such a one as Blaise) where she'll be unhappy and enslaved for the rest of her life!
    Godric Greycliff and Jupiter like this.