Helping a player in need this Christmas

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Chris, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Recently one of our players lost their house and all their belongings in a fire.

Man Injured in Massive Dallas House Fire

In the following weeks we will be sending what help we can in the form of clothing, toiletries and other goods to help him get back on his feet.

If you would like to send a care package can do so to the following address.

Bradley Duke
    322 Walnut St
    Terrell, TX 75160

Needed Items
    Shoes size: 9
    Pants: 54 x 28
    Shirt: 4XL

I will be working with Atraxi to get a list of the essentials that will help him get back on his feet along with some clothing sizes.

If you would like to donate via paypal you can do so via the servers support page and add a note that the donation is intended for Atraxi. We will collect the donations and make sure they get to him quickly.

UO:R Shard Support
  2. ReZon

ReZon Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

So sorry to hear about this Atraxi. I wish you the best of luck getting things back together.
  3. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this in order to help Atraxi out. I couldn't imagine having that happen, especially right now. Best of luck to you brother!
  4. Jakob

Jakob Well-Known Member

Aow that's really sad to hear man! :'(

Great initiative Chris!
  5. Wodan

Wodan Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I'm really shocked to hear that as well. Hope he's getting back on his feet soon .. maybe amazon.com lets me send stuff to his address ;)
  6. Rokk

Rokk Member

Atraxi...

What a shocker at this time of year. No time is a good time for stuff like this to happen to anyone, let alone a friend like you. I'll do what I can help.

I hope your are ok health-wise, things can be repalced.

Your Pal,

Rokk
  7. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

HOLEY ****!!!!!

Thanks so much for posting this Telamon, right on. Makes me kinda realize how much I kinda care about my fellow Sosarians.
  8. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

I thought having no electricity for two days is bad. Really puts things in perspective. Glad to hear Atraxi is okay and took it pretty well from the video.
  9. Jebidiah

Jebidiah Active Member

sent some realistic holiday coins as aid
  10. Atraxi

Atraxi Member

Hey, guys. Thanks for all the responses. Physically, I'm fine. I wasn't hurt at all. One of my housemates was injured, and is still at the hospital in the burn unit. The news is reporting that he is there for smoke inhalation, but he did get burned. I visited him, he's doing relatively okay. Emotionally, I'm working through it. It's been kinda hard dealing with all of this. I've lost everything I own before, but this is different. It's one thing to have to start over, but standing there for hours watching every worldly possession you own slowly burn to the ground and knowing there's nothing you can do about it is something different entirely.

I went back to work today, and have temporarily moved in with a friend of mine. I'm working hard at trying to get back on my feet and get things back to normal. I went by the house earlier. The fire department tore down what little was left of it. What used to be a 2.5 story home is now a charred pile of rubble. I stood there for a while, wondering where in the pile various things were. I saw what was left of my window air conditioner, and my bed. That's all i could recognize. The fire department wouldn't let me get very close to it, for safety reasons.

I'm trying to compile a list of things I need to get back on my feet, but that's a difficult task. I mean, I literally lost everything except for what was on my back. My beloved laptop is toast. It's somewhere in the pile of house. The American Red Cross got with me the night of the fire and gave me a debit card with some money on it that I can use to make tax-free purchases. I used some of it today to get clothes I needed for work.

If you want to know what I wear, clothing-wise, my sizes are listed above. At work, I have to wear khaki pants. Shirt is provided by my job. When I'm not at work, I'm wearing baggy blue jeans, and usually some sort of colored t-shirt with a long-sleeve shirt underneath. Luckily, I was wearing my favorite jeans and my favorite shirts (brown long sleeve shirt under black t-shirt) on the day of the fire, so they didn't burn.

I greatly appreciate any help I receive. I want to thank Telamon for making this thread. The emotional support I've gotten after this has definitely made things easier. My phone has been going almost nonstop with texts, emails, phone calls, and other forms of communication.

I've been through hard times before, and I'll get through this, too. I know this will all be just a memory. A story I can tell others later.

That is me in that news video. The most likely cause of the fire was neglect on the part of the landlady, and I wanted to make a statement explaining some of the conditions of the house. It was a safety hazard, and tbh, one of my first thoughts upon seeing the fire was "Well, it finally happened."

My friend is letting me use her laptop to make this post. I'll be on irc periodically, either using the web irc chat or on my cell phone. I hope to be back soon. I'll have to get a computer anyway for the website work that I do.

Thanks in advance for any help that comes from this post.
  11. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

Wow.

I'm not kidding, I remember Atraxi mentioning in a random conversation how the house he's in will probably burn down one day. I think he was kinda complaining about the state of the house etc.

The first thing I thought of (how UO of me) was... "OH NO HE LOST ALL HIS MACROS/HOTKEYS!" :|
  12. Jebidiah

Jebidiah Active Member

Atraxi, is this the address than ?
    322 Walnut St
    Terrell, TX 75160

or is there a different one
  13. Atraxi

Atraxi Member

Yeah, Jeb. That's my grandma's house. I'm using that as my mailing address until I get something more permanent.
  14. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

Terrible way to spend christmas, Atraxi, really sorry to hear it.
  15. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Atraxi, I'll PM you my number. If you really need a computer to get back in action, let me know and I can probably toss an old but functional notebook in the mail for you. If it's not a good time due to lack of places to secure such an item, it can wait. Glad to hear it was only material loss for the most part.
  16. Ciet

Ciet Active Member

As soon as I can get out of work for a day or so I will go get some stuff and send it in the mail. Truly sorry this happened!
  17. fooka03

fooka03 Well-Known Member

2 items will be shipped to Bradley Duke by Amazon.com. Estimated delivery: Jan. 13, 2014 - Jan. 17, 2014

Just a heads up so you know to look for it, hope it helps. Sorry it's a bit late getting out the door.
  18. Atraxi

Atraxi Member

The Before (taken from Google Maps):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The During (taken from various sources):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The After (took this last week):
    [​IMG]
  19. Ciet

Ciet Active Member

Damn man. So crazy. How are you doing!?
  20. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member

That's insane. Very sorry for everything Atraxi.