Housing 104 - The Renaissance Land Rush System

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Chris, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Class: Housing 104
    Class Name: The Renaissance Land Rush System
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Welcome to the Renaissance College of Ultima Online, in this post we will cover the Land Rush system that housing is opened.

As a free shard first the Renaissance server will employ a unique system designed to re-create the land rush from the Renaissance era.

When the server first opened a variety of small house zones were opened for our players as show in these pictures. (Click to Enlarge)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

As the server grows and the demand for land increases additional areas will be opened for player housing. Players can monitor the progress of the land rush using our interactive map, that when zoomed in, will show any houses that are currently placed on the server.
    Renaissance Interactive Map

Each phase of the land rush will be designed to allow players the ability to choose between several different styles of housing spots.
    • Large House Spots
    • Popular Vendor Spots
    • Desirable Spots
    • Remote or Secluded Spots

Since the land will open at the same time during the land rush players will be forced to choose between the different spots available. Players attempting to use 3rd party programs to place houses will quickly find themselves jailed by our monitoring code. You can read more about this system here

Phase 1
    The first phase of the land rush will encompass an area around Britannia. This phase opens on September 23rd 2012.

[​IMG]

Phase 2
    This phase will be announced sometime in November or December.

Additional Housing Guides
    Housing 101 - Entrance Security - Tips and Tricks
    Housing 102 - Protecting Your Valuables
    Housing 103 - Intro to House Ownership & Commands
    Housing 104 - The Renaissance Land Rush System
  2. newme

newme Well-Known Member

thanks, what a well thought out concept.
  3. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Well, no spot i am attracted to. Looks like I will have a fortress after all... along with everyone else. =p
  4. Gharik

Gharik Active Member

Is this the extent of the Phase one land rush? Just around Britain? I assumed it'd be bigger, but you know what they say about when you assume :)

Thanks for the hard work guys! Keep up the good work.
  5. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

Not where I am planning to drop my fort but I definitely won't be able to afford one by the end of September anyway.

Plenty of nice tower spots though including the one by the moongate which I am sure half the shard will be going after :D
  6. MauganRa

MauganRa Member

How old is this and should it be updated?
  7. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  8. Dhark

Dhark New Member

Is the interactive map up to date regarding houses ? Would it be a usefull tool for placement planning?
  9. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Hi Dhark,

Yes, the map is up to date. You can use it for planning where to place a house (though it doesn't show things such as uneven terrain).
  10. Shosara

Shosara Active Member

Sorry for digging this up, but since this thread is still linked in the Housing Compendium pages i'd rather dig this one up than creating a new post ;)

is there a way to see if a spot can be built upon before buying the deed?

Like i have spootet a couple nice places to build my house on, when it comes to the interactive map but i can hardly believe some of them since they are so close to prominent moongates and such. So i was wondering, other than the interactive map, is there a way to see (ingame) before buying a deed, whether or not it will fit? New player here so i am looking to buy a deed rather spending money on auctions, just to get the most out of my money for now ;)

Thanks!
  11. Kalvasflam

Kalvasflam Active Member

I don't believe there is a way to verify - before buying the deed - if a spot can be built apon. If you are planning to place a 7x7, just buy the deed and try out. There are dozens (if not hundreds) of places where a 7 x 7 will fit. You may also place a 14 x 14. I see quite a few places when running around where are 14 x 14 MIGHT fit. Other than that don't bother trying to place a large tower for example. There maybe 3-4 spots left in the world where that will fit, but it will cost you a lot of time finding them.

BTW: To my knowledge you can redeem the deed for the original price. So you are not risking anything by buying and trying out. You should verify that (in IRC perhaps) from more experienced players.

Oh, and if you don't know what a 7 x 7 or 14 x 14 is:

http://www.uorenaissance.com/list/House/M

EDIT: Also, a new land rush would be fine (either by adding new land or by deleting houses on "old" land, hehe, but don't delete the area northeast of Britain pls ;)
  12. Shosara

Shosara Active Member

Are the deeds blessed or can they be looted? If they are blessed and can be redeemed for full price, this would certainly be the answer i am looking for, else i might be a little bit scared investing the first 150k i own in a deed just to be pk'ed ;-D

Yeah i was looking to maybe find a nice spot for the 11x11 2story villa, since the price is reasonable to pay for me, but it is already quite spacious and has 3 secures. I could probably do with that house for a long time. plus it has some room up front for 2-3 vendors to sell my magic items on and maybe expand in 1-2 more territories as time goes on. this depends on whether or not i can find a reasonably well located slot of course. oh well. we have bank holiday in germany on thursday, i think i am gonna buy a deed and just go slot-hunting :D
  13. Kalvasflam

Kalvasflam Active Member

Shosara, house deeds are not blessed on UOR. However, they are newbied. So, unless you have already started killing other players, they won't drop on death (There is a nice guide from Chris, who runs the shard: http://uorforum.com/threads/renaissance-guide-to-home-ownership.6057/). Oh, and I just read in that guide:

"A. House deeds can always be redeemed for their full value. Find the carpentry shop and real estate agent and drag the house deed onto him."

So, feel free to try out! Another thing: I see 2 Story Villas quite often in the trade forum. If not in absolute prime location they hardly sell for more than deed price (maybe +50k -> but can make that amount of money pretty fast). So if you don't find a nice place, just buy one out of the forum.

Oh, and its not bank holiday on thursday. It's called fathers day and I plan to get very very very drunk! ;)
  14. Shosara

Shosara Active Member

Oh I know about fathers day, bank holiday is just a colloquialism for a public holiday and since I am no father yet, i have no right to get drunk yet ;) So... Ultima Online it is ;) Thanks about all the info and links you are providing! so one more question about the newbied thing: i have not actively pked or anything (and neither am i going to) but i did spent an entire night hitting my 2nd account character for combat skills and healing. it does not show any kills on my character stats though:

http://www.uorenaissance.com/player/679660

So will it be unlootable off me or not?

Cheers again for your help!
  15. Kalvasflam

Kalvasflam Active Member

Ok, UO on fathers day seem to be a good choice too! (I am even a little envious! GF and child are out of the home, so I could play for hours and hours - but of course drinking is nice too ;).

No, it won't be lootable! You would have to be murderer for the deed being lootable! So, as long as you havn't killed your 2nc account several times (and given yourself murderer counts), you have nothing to fear! You may also check out this guide:

http://uorforum.com/threads/the-renaissance-murder-system.1450/

Edit: I just noticed that we are still in the land rush thread, so pretty OT. Perhaps you start a new thread or just PM me. An even better way would be to ask on IRC. There are so many helpful players that have a much deeper understanding of the mechanics than I am.
    Shosara likes this.