I honor thee

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by DrFunke, Oct 27, 2020.

1. DrFunke

DrFunke Active Member

Had some time today so I started reading through old OSI patch notes and found this...

“...
    Granting Karma to Other Players
    • Saying "I honor thee" will bring up a targeting cursor.
    • Targeting another player will remove karma points from you and give some karma points to your target.
    • You will automatically turn to face them and bow. Known issue: there's a graphical glitch if you are polymorphed and honor a player. This will be fixed shortly.
    • You have to have a positive karma of a certain level to do this. ...”

I have a crafter with no combat or mage skills but is GM poisoner which means his karma is locked in as Dishonorable as far as I know.

Who wants to do business with a Dishonorable crafter? Now, if this system was intact he would have a way out and people could sell themselves for gold.

Any reason why this system can’t work here? I did not see if this system was still active during Renaissance but I bet it was.

Or is there another way that I’m forgetting to gain Karma?
  2. WarrenBuffet

WarrenBuffet Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I am not sure if this will help you but another way to raise Karma and Fame on those types of characters is to join them in a party with a toon that has the ability to take down monsters. You will gain fame and karma from the kills, it will just be a bit slower
    DrFunke likes this.
  3. von Stuben

von Stuben Well-Known Member

Does this still work, or was it changed in the last couple of patches? I partied my crafter and killed maybe 60 dragons.... no fame change in crafter, despite being within 8 or so tiles from the action.
  4. SativaGreen

SativaGreen Well-Known Member

Due to the non-damaging party members only receiving a fraction of the fame/karma, after a certain threshold, you'll need the partied members to do some damage to gain.
  5. Puck

Puck Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

@von Stuben you likely have to unlock your karma.
    Zyler likes this.
  6. von Stuben

von Stuben Well-Known Member

@Puck as @SativaGreen pointed out. I just wasn’t damaging the dragons. I got it resolved by just sending an Ebolt.
  7. Tabby

Tabby Well-Known Member

For town crafters sake, I do love that patch though.