Increase Secure Container Weight

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by r3ckon3r, Feb 23, 2019.

1. r3ckon3r

r3ckon3r Well-Known Member

I understand that the current item weight is era accurate, however, most secure containers have a limited purpose. It would be nice to be able to store bulk items in at least one container.. this especially makes miners lives easier so they can store ingots in them rather than having to release and lock down to use them.

Just make it so that 1 secure can hold more than the other amount respective to the house type.

Please :)
    Valrick and Tiago like this.
  2. Pharoah

Pharoah Well-Known Member

I'd settle with if they would hold 60k stones :). But i'm satisfied anyway.. I already need a bigger house
    Valrick likes this.
  3. Valrick

Valrick Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

as much as i prefer most things to be era accurate, I understand why you'd want it! I wish UO had the code for a specific container with different rules. Heck they probably did have something like that post-renaissance

Reagent Pouch: can hold 30% more weight but can only hold reagents
    Weapons Rack: holds 1.5x (weight or # by avg) weapons and weapons only

Could be a good "veterans award" or coin sink, be it gold/plat/hcoin.
    r3ckon3r and Pharoah like this.
  4. r3ckon3r

Absolutely with you on this!

I'd say an 80k stone limit for the regs.. so you can fit 10k in there max which is more than enough at one time.

Veteran reward might be good, but it would mean that new starters would be at a disadvantage. I think what you mentioned about specific containers having a purpose might be cool. It's not like pouches currently hold much purpose at the moment, except for a blow up macro.
  5. Alvien

Alvien Well-Known Member

Would be a great veteran reward if they would increase the steal weight to 80k stones :p
  6. Pharoah

fail :)
  7. Jessica

Jessica Active Member

However there is one, and only one, feature I miss from post_aos era....

... Sending bags....
  8. r3ckon3r

Disagree tbh... this pretty much killed the risk vs reward buzz that accompanied going out farming in Felucca... but was useful for trammel i guess
  9. JohnM

JohnM Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

so, we've gone from 1k regs per bag to 10k regs per bag - why do you need so many
  10. Pharoah

they are in a stack up to 60k why not just raise the weight limit in secure containers to around 40-60k. Just a thought, that way a person doesn't need to own 13 houses to store their years of whatever they own :)
    r3ckon3r likes this.
  11. Jill Stihl

Jill Stihl Well-Known Member

As convenient as it'd be I don't think the weight limit should be increased, it's always been a 'core' part of UO that you have to pick and choose what gets stored safely.

There's no item decay in houses, you can store about 30,000 items in a small house if you needed to.
  12. k1w1uk

k1w1uk Well-Known Member

While I am not a fan of increasing the weight limit of Secures, I have seen an item called a work bench which allows you to access(remove) resources (regs/ores/wood/leathers) from your bank in the safety of your own home*.
    imho this would remove the need for overloading secure containers and would be a great BoD reward or Gold/Plat sink
    *linked to the bank of the person who places it and can't be used by other toons, so if you must have 3 crafters you would need 3 work benches.
  13. Rheanon

Rheanon Well-Known Member

Some players live in small houses and one secure doesn't cut it. Adding more weight to secures would make life easier particularly since there is limited space for bigger houses.
    Pharoah likes this.
  14. Pharoah

i personally dont see a problem with 50-60k stones just so u can keep a certain number of items more if needed whatever it may be. It would or atleast should make it easier on people having to own 17 houses so they can store years of stuff in a single location.
    I can live with it though but being able to keep more stuff at a house would be nice as well.
    but this is one of those opinions vary cases i guess lol
  15. Arawn

Arawn Well-Known Member

You know you can keep unlimited weight in a locked down container right? Its just not "secured" access, but with proper house security you can make it safe. No need to divide up all your belonging to secure containers in different houses. Also you can purchase secure upgrades from the plat vendor, which will add 1 additional secure to the maximum you can have per house! It lasts until the house falls. Lockdown expansions are also a thing.
    One and Jill Stihl like this.
  16. JohnM

JohnM Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Who went and let common sense in here - well said.
  17. r3ckon3r

Yeah to be honest that's what I've been doing lately - I'm embarrassed to say I did not know you could fully access items within locked down containers until after I posted this!

I remember on other shards I played, if you locked down a container, each item was individually locked down within... I'm sure this was the case anyway
  18. Dr Satan

Dr Satan Well-Known Member

Yeah my days of OSI renaissance trammel expansion this is how I remembered it as well. I think house mechanics here are either custom or from the older days (on OSI launch I believe if you got the key to the house you stole the whole house as there was no lockdowns or key rings on doorsteps)

This was my first experience with lockdowns this way, it's much better if you're careful, but you ain't crazy for assuming putting an item in lockdown containers locked it down, and at least you didn't learn the hard way hah
  19. Holden

Holden Well-Known Member

There is also a smart gameplay/exploit (opinions may vary) that allows you to have a withdrawal only secure with unlimited weight. There is a discussion somewhere on the forums about how it is done.