Loft Hatch/Door for houses

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by r3ckon3r, Apr 15, 2019.

1. r3ckon3r

r3ckon3r Well-Known Member

I was thinking, since house bridging has become quite a trend on this shard, why not give the player the ability to fit a hatch (craftable like ladders with oak/carpentry) on the roof where the stairs/ladders to bottom floors lead? This could be the hatch doors that are on boats for example.

boathatch.png househatch.png

I guess if you look at the graphics, you would need 2 tiles of hatches to accomplish this.

Benefits of this would be:

1. Allowing players to secure their smaller property, should they be bridging a large to a small tower/marble or stone workshops
    2. Makes it look tidier rather than just having a gap and half of a ladder showing
    3. Adds more value to the roof, as trespassers will not be able to exploit the bridge to the other property and get inside.Similarly, if you have people friended to your house, it gives the owner the ability to privatise one of the buildings for personal storage etc

I really don't know how feasible this would be, but I think it's a cool idea nonetheless.

What are everyone's thoughts?
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    Airin, Hawkeye, PaddyOBrien and 3 others like this.
  2. r3ckon3r

r3ckon3r Well-Known Member

It seems I've had quite a handful of likes, I did send this to @Chris in a Pm on irc but I guess it would be too much work with all the other stuff he is implementing. Some feedback would be nice though
    Xavant_BR likes this.