Magery Hot keys

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by morphgola, Oct 18, 2014.

1. morphgola

morphgola New Member

I am wondering what everyone uses for Magery hot keys. What spells do you have hot keyed? Where on the keyboard?
  2. Zim

Zim Well-Known Member

It changes slightly from server to server but I have a fairly standard set of macros that Ive used for ever

The spells I have hotkeyed are:

Weaken
    Harm
    Lightning or fireball (some shards fireball does almost as much as lightning)
    Paralyze
    Explosion
    E bolt
    Poison
    Flamestrike or mindblast
    Heal
    Cure
    G heal
    Arch Cure

Teleport: F5
    Wall of Stone: F6
    Magic Trap: MouseWheelUp

The first and larger group are boundd to: zxcvasdfqwer with alt as a combination.

I have my equip macros / toggle specials set to alt + F1 - F4. Yep, if you razor macro Alt + F4 it will not close your game. :)
    My potion macros are: Cure: alt+1 Heal: alt+2 Refresh: alt+3 Strength: alt+4 Agility: alt+5 Explosion: MouseWheelDown

I use the middle click on the mousewheel to pop pouches.

Theres also miscellaneous macros bound to F1 - F4 Standard as well as all over the place. I have a TON of shit bound to keys. Its not the best or most efficient but its what Ive used for EVER
  3. Gnarl

Gnarl Active Member

I use the razor hotkey to toggle hotkeys on and off so most my hotkeys are single buttons. When I need to talk I hit hotkeytoggle button, and hit it again when I am done talking. Works good as long as you don't forget to hit it again after you are done talking.

All my F-Keys are set as spells with a few Ctrl+Fkeys for various less used / non-pvp spells.

But in my experience it is a balance between a decent layout and time using it. Even if you create a perfect layout somehow, you will find that most your skill and benefit with hotkeys will come from getting used to the layout over time.
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
  4. Zim

Zim Well-Known Member

QFT