MIBs and SoS' - expected loot?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by acburl88, May 1, 2014.

1. acburl88

acburl88 Member

I am currently sitting on a large amount of mibs and sos' that I have...acquired...

What kind of loot can be expected to come of these? Is it worth me even doing them or should I sell them off and let somebody else deal with it?
    Last edited: May 1, 2014
  2. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

It's been a little bit since I did one, but I think you can expect a level 1 to level 3 chest in terms of loot. You will get 1000 to 3000 in pure gold, a bunch of gems and regs, and literally boatloads of magic equipment. There is a chance to pull masks of various types, which are worth a couple thousand extra. There is also a chance to get silver metal chests instead of wooden chests. Those are usually worth 5,000 to 10,000 a pop. There's also all the shipwreck junk you will fish up before the chest. Pillows are usually worth a couple hundred.

I think its worthwhile when you've got a ton, basically reducing your transit time from one spot to the next. Make sure you have magery to quickly dump your loot back on shore. A restock agent to grab regs & gems will prevent you from going totally insane when you start sorting them.

If that all sounds like too much work, sell 'em. I think they go for ~2500 right now.
    Cynic likes this.
  3. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I don't do 'em until I've reached at least 100. Then I do them ALL.

The magic loot is terrible. You get a lot of crap crap crap and the "decent" would be a +5 vanq. I wouldn't even keep a +5 power or less.

If you do it right by sorting all the gems/scrolls and selling them then you make a bunch of extra gold.

P.S. You won't find many, if any, people buying at 2500. I'd buy at 1k each, maybe. There's a lot of work plotting all those damn MIBs then ruddering out to each one.
    Faber likes this.
  4. Basoosh

Also:
    If you have a building with a CY, be careful of putting the chests in the CY. A giant spider could spawn and trample over everything.
  5. Garrion

Garrion Active Member

I do these regularly and these descriptions are pretty accurate. I will say that between the gold the gems and selling off all the crap magic items and scrolls you will average about 4k gold. This is before the vallue of regs, good magic items, metal chests, masks, and the occasional good shipwreck crap.

You can also get the occasional plat coin or net. I have even gotten the occasional colored net from them.
  6. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

That god damn spider...
    Basoosh and Jack of Shadows like this.
  7. acburl88

acburl88 Member

Thanks for the info and tips everybody. This information will be very useful for me and others, im sure.
    Sounds like you speak from experience... I would have to tame the spider, bond it, and kill it. Over and over again...
    Basoosh likes this.
  8. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

It happened to me, twice. That's why he brought it up, it's like a sore subject with me..

The first time it happened I had around 100 mib chests in my CY waiting to be organized. Next thing I know I had to play 52 pick up except it was more like 5200 pick up.

The second time that motherf***** visited me was overnight, he walked into my fort, killed all my guys, and broke everything not locked down.. wasn't alot, but was still a pain in the ass.
    Wodan, Basoosh and Jack of Shadows like this.
  9. Jack of Shadows

Jack of Shadows Well-Known Member

lol
  10. Basoosh

Ahhh, good times :)

But yea, I've had my fair share of tramples as well. Worst one was my fault. Macroing discord on a dragon in the same house as all my stuff. Who would have thought it'd go wild and destroy everything.