Miners not Minors....

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by LanDarr, Oct 15, 2022.

1. LanDarr

LanDarr Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

Tell me a tale of your mining and need for this house and it could be yours....
    upload_2022-10-15_10-39-23.png

5 nodes, 3 iron, 1 Valorite and 1 dc.... the first 4 can be hit safely from the stool on the bottom right corner. Fill the house with elementals... That DC upgrade will put in the ingots and make you RICH RICH RICH...

Lets hear your tales and this house could be yours...
    Zyler, Quartz and Jill Stihl like this.
  2. Garavar

Garavar Well-Known Member

No replies? Okay here is ice breaker...

My first toon was a miner smith TAMER, that's right tamer. Riding a nightmare while exploring caves was my solution to PKs but it didn't work. I lost many packies and mares on my guest to GM Mining and Smithing. Fondest memories come from digging in mining cave NW of Brit above the graveyard. Finally made it big when I got a small house outside the cave. Died less but the dreaded server line was a challenge for my packy.
    Yukon Jack and Kiryana like this.
  3. kresso

kresso New Member

A young boy loved to play UO, alas his family did not let him pay the monthly subscription, but he had a way. His dear cousin's family had a subscription to this wonderful game so he cut a deal where when they weren't playing he would mine for them. Oh, the hours spent mining. Eventually they let this dear sweet heart make his own character, and low what would it be? A blacksmith of course! Sadly that blacksmith never did make GM. But then what? That poor boy grew up and started playing UO again a few years ago. Oh happy day. What did that boy make as his first character? Why a fisherman! ......but what was the 4th character? A miner blacksmith of course! Sadly time and focus shifted and that blacksmith never got GM. (ignore the Carpentry that was just a phase)

upload_2022-10-16_8-17-58.png

Wouldn't you help out that poor blacksmith to finish GM blacksmithy?

P.S. also Peace just gave me 125 gargoyle pickaxes so you wouldn't want to let him down in that I use them suboptimally right???
    ReZon and Garavar like this.
  4. Reemer

Reemer Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Vick Lagina was an ordinary blacksmith. His father was a minotaur & his mother was a mermaid but was born looking only human. When Vick was young his father brought him to work at the Hedge Maze to test his minotaur abilities of never getting lost in a maze. An adventurer with two dragons gravely wounded his father and try as he might he was unable to escape the maze for three days, his father long deceased. He lived with his mother for many years, made all the more difficult because of his lack of ability to breathe underwater. She was an underwater miner who told him the same story every night before bed - (sung in a chant)The night was dark & blue...& in the alley flew...A shitwagon made for two....A sound was heard! A turd was flung! (flatly) Goodnight son. One day the mine was attacked by undead sailors and his mother was killed & plundered, her hue 1193 grinch sandals, which she kept saying she was going to buy a CBD for, gone forever. Realizing he has no minotaur or merman traits he begins walking sosaria, doing the only thing he knows, mining. Vick continued his hobo-mining lifestyle for many years untill one day he stumbled upon a palace made of white marble. A house he could not believe existed. He was so inspired he wrote a letter and set it in the mailbox - An Ode to a House - "Dear Mr LanDarr, I love your house. I love looking at it. I love how different it is. Your house is special. I’m so glad you haven’t changed it." He decided right then to spend the rest of his life watching the house. Decided. Like he had a choice...
  5. Ogrotten

Ogrotten Member

6. Ultima Warrior

Ultima Warrior New Member

Twas a dark and stormy night
    The veins they were a yieldin'
    A packhorse full of valorite
    My pickaxe I was a wieldin'

Tales of sorrow do abound
    Of many deaths and fights
    They take my life, and my ore
    And leave me in dark grey light

They may think, I'm easy prey
    And give up without a battle
    I hold my head up high now
    My heart is hard to rattle

I fend them off with my trusty axe
    As I catch them unaware
    They lay in blood at my feet
    No life my axe will spare

A place to live,
    A place to mine,
    A place to work,
    T'would be mighty fine

And so I ask so humbly
    Might I have this home
    A place that I can be undisturbed
    A place to call my own.
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2022
  7. Izikiel Rage

Izikiel Rage Member

I am willing, if given this house, to not only finish my miner but rename him Miner Forty-Niner. I will then just scream at passersby. In an attempt to scare them away to keep the land cheap for my real reason for the property. The oil rich land underneath. When oil drilling is introduced *soon* I will then begin my drilling operation.
    upload_2022-10-18_21-38-19.jpeg
    Will look something similar to this.
    *EDIT*
    I would of had that house if it weren't for those meddling kids! I mean kresso's...
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2022
  8. LanDarr

Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

Garavar, Reemer and kresso like this.
  9. kresso

kresso New Member

Thanks! I am sooo stoked! I love UO but I really love the community. I am so excited to get mining!
  10. Reemer

Reemer Active Member

This was fun, thanks for doing this
  11. LanDarr

Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

Ping me on Discord, I am leaving Peace Logged in at the Event Center with the checks, House is on another acct @kresso can give you a rune there on Peace. :)
    Reemer likes this.