Open Enrollment for PVP training guild PCC

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by Delstrudo, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Delstrudo

Delstrudo Well-Known Member

Back in the fall of 2018 a handful of us were lucky enough to learn and train under the guidance of @Ervin in what was called PVP University [P*U]. The experience admittedly was not designed to turn everyone into killers, but to help lay down the foundation to UO PVP in players looking to fight back instead of going belly up.

It was a different time for the shard but what is constant is the thirst for the fight. P*U helped us relearn old ways and work with the new. After graduating many of us naturally gravitated towards factions and IDOC'ing as outlets to test our training and ourselves.

It's time we pay it forward. Ervin's teachings gave us the courage to join the fight. We want to pass this feeling on to the next generation to join the field, whether brand new or old as the shard. With that I proudly announce..

PVP COMMUNITY COLLEGE [PCC] is starting open enrollment for it's first semester!

We have not 1 but 5 P*U graduates who will be standing in as teachers. We all feel passionate about our teachings and passing this on was, and is, only a matter of time. If YOU are interested in joining but unsure please consider the following first, quoted directly from the P*U signups that lead us here:

http://uorforum.com/threads/2018-fall-semester-sign-up.35925/

P*U FAQ

I'm embarrassed that I don't know how to PvP/Suck at PvP...will you make fun of me?
    It will be a judgement free zone for you to develop in. Grunting is allowed.

Will I be looted if I die in training?
    No you will not be looted by a guildmate. Anyone caught looting will be killed, looted and kicked from the guild.

When will classes start?
    To be announced. Normally we will being active training in just a couple weeks time from announcing enrollment to allow for people to sign up. If we have many people who have no knowledge of Razor or setting up hotkeys, those people will have a starter class before we get into training.

Does this cost anything?
    There is no cost to join the university. You will however be required to supply your own weapons, armor, reagents, potions, etc... so there is a cost to participation in that sense.

How serious is this training?
    Dead serious. But we can have fun at the same time. Jackassery however will not be tolerated so if you are disruptive you will get the boot.

Will this make me a great PvPer?
    Absolutely not. This is designed to get your comfortable with PvP and take you to a certain level that I would call "proficient", meaning you should be at least average when you are ready to graduate. From there it will be on you to continue to develop your skillset and become great.

So after graduation....what then?
    You will graduate with pride (nothing else, there is no certificate or diploma) and be ready to take on what you want to do in this virtual world. We will try to help with Guild Placement if you so wish, or you are more than welcome to become a staff member to assist in future training.

I applied previously and was not accepted, what gives?
    Space is limited but it is not on a first come first serve basis. I hand select people to get accepted based on available times to train, how far along their templates are, what kind of template they are using, and experience level with UO. If you did not get accepted previously, keep working that character and keep applying!

There's no point in fixing what's not broken, if you are interested in joining this semester send a private message and I'll keep you posted!
    fenster, One, Hawkeye and 21 others like this.
  2. Delstrudo

Closing open enrollment soon, if you're interested please send a PM to me on forums or Discord!
    WarrenBuffet likes this.
  3. Erza Scarlet

Erza Scarlet Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I am new to pvp, where can I sign up on my warrior?

Serious note: gj in keeping this alive :)
    PaddyOBrien, Xavant_BR, NCCML and 2 others like this.
  4. Delstrudo

Class is starting up this week, this semester looks very promising!
    Alchemist and eherruh like this.
  5. Delstrudo

All students who received the acceptance message please hit me up on Discord - will add to the official PCC Discord channel!
    Ghosted likes this.
  6. Delstrudo

Another great class last night. For the students who are missing classes bear in mind this whole program is for your benefit. While the subject material is somewhat cumulative we will be recapping during the following classes. Don't feel bad about skipping, make what you can!
    Xavant_BR likes this.
  7. RMarc69

RMarc69 Well-Known Member

Classes are awesome. Learned lots of great tips. Instructors and students very friendly and fun to game with. I recommend to everyone.
    Erza Scarlet, O'Malley and Delstrudo like this.
  8. Sayer

Sayer Active Member

Is this still going or are there any plans to run it again? I'd be interested.
  9. Delstrudo

Hi Sayer! This semester is over but we are planning on running this again later this year. Stay tuned!
    Chafe and Sayer like this.
  10. Chafe

Chafe Well-Known Member

I'd be keen too. Made a character, tho never pvp'ed before, would be great to learn a bit of survivability!
    Delstrudo likes this.