Overworld Rare Spawns Opening - Nov 17th 12pm(noon) CST

Discussion in 'Shard News' started by Chris, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

To celebrate the 3rd phase of the Renaissance Rares spawning system, we will be turning on the Town Rare spawners at 10pm cst on Wednesday.

This will be the first of 3 planned mini events in which these are enabled.
    • Dungeons will be enabled on Sunday (11/11/12) at 9pm cst
    • Towns will be enabled on Wednesday (11/14/12) at 9pm cst
    • The overworld spawns will be enabled on Saturday (11/17/12) at 12 noon cst.

How to Play
    Enterprising players are invited to search the overworld of Britannia high and low to find fortune and fame. And once an item is found players can check back to find new items as time passes.

Items can be found anywhere that is not in a dungeon, or not within the guarded limits of a town. This includes Britannia and the Lost Lands

There will be two types of items to find, the spawning type and with this event, several unique items. The unique birth items will not respawn once found. Each phase of this event will have a few unique rares that spawn in hidden locations.

The rest of the items can be found hidden throughout the overworld Britannia and will respawn in 1-20 days after being found, in the same general area.

Some items will spawn in sets, such as the pans, where a random pans will spawn every cycle. (so there is only 1 pan to find during the event)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There are 3 types of time periods in which items spawn.
    • Daily
      • Donuts
    • Weekly
      • Rocks (3 Types)
      • Bushel
    • Bi Monthly
      • Chessmen (Black and White)
      • Evaporating Flask (4 Types)
      • Beaker (4 Types)
      • Flask Stand
      • Broken Chair
      • Scattered Trash
    • One Time Only
      • To Be Announced
  2. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Start no longer 9pm? I dont understand this much... the time and date should have been random for these to be considered rare. Rares would be out there much longer and not harvested in a few hours.

Hmm stupid phone thought i clicked on the town rares... but my rant applies to them all. ;P
  3. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

During the first phase of the rares system roll out it took over 24 hours for the items to be found. The 2nd Phase (Towns) of the event is Wednesday at 9pm cst, the 3rd Phase (0verworld) will be opening on Saturday at noon and I would expect it to take 2-4 days for all the spawns to be found.

4. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

*waits for announcement*
  5. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

[​IMG]

That was these items, Let me see if I can find the large picture of the uniques released that day.
  6. Kingston

Kingston Member

maybe we can do this again to give the newer players a chance... ;)