Patch 86 - April 28th, Easter Event Update, Bugfixes & More!

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Chris, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Patch.png

Easter Event
    - Updated the reward store to include this years colors and a few new items
    EasterRewards2019.jpg
    - Minor changes to Fluffy, Easter Bunny coloring and dropped items.​

Overworld Camps
    - Fixed a problem where Leprechaun camps were not refreshing properly - Thanks Goblinchild
    - Reduced the time in which a camp will decay after being refreshed to a separate time from the camp duration.
    Note: Camp exist for 30 minutes, and can be refreshed for 10 min by entering/exiting them. ​

Custom Regions
    - Added an option to custom regions that allows for skill gain to be disabled in the targeted region.
    - Added an option to custom regions that allows for murder count decay to be suspended.
    This will allow the staff to disable skill gain and murder count decay in the safe event lobby. People can still initiate combat with a grey animal or idle as a murdered in those areas but there will be no benefit from the safety of the area.
    Note: Also keep in mind that there is no timeout in the event lobby, so if someone tries to log out in their, much like jail, they never time out. They are however not considered online by the server. (This helps the staff clear the event lobby after events and for when the area needs to be cleared like for the Night of Horrors)​

Misc Fixes
    - Bonded creatures will no longer drop any special items, should they have a chance to drop platinum, holiday coins, or rares.
    - Added some extra protection to closed reward store pages to disallow access when the store is closed.
    Note: A message will now be shown if the store is closed for update, or technical issue.
    - Holiday trees can now be removed from houses following normal add-on logic for house items. (Owner only)
    Note: Previously only the original player who placed them could remove the items. ​

Young Program
    - Fixed a loophole that allowed young players to be killed by a non young player using the all kill command. ​
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
  2. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Awesome stuff! Custom regions was needed, I have seen sooo many people getting GM melee skills in the event center off random animals.
    Chadarius, One and Jeebs like this.
  3. Jeebs

Jeebs Well-Known Member

I brought this up in chat and go a lot of back lash from people saying it wasnt a big deal lol.
    I thought it was a HUGE deal. Glad to see the change.
  4. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

All that really varies is they don't need bandages to train and lose the healing skill gain they could easily get from the process. And the staff remove the animals when we find them. Even once it is fixed I suspect people will still complain about it regardless of the patch.

The bigger issue is that we have events running almost 24/7 and need to find a way to keep the event lobby open more, but exploitable less. So any change to accomplish that will be looked into.
    Jeebs and AOٌ like this.
  5. Plentimon

Plentimon Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Hi @Chris great work!

Will this patch make lep cave Fluffies tamable again?
    Is CUB no longer intended to be included in this patch?
    Fix-it vendor blood waterfall rotation or since it is literally 1 tile and only my issue would just paging you in game be easier?

Thanks
    Mayor McCheese, Earsnot and NCCML like this.
  6. Ahirman

Ahirman Well-Known Member

Make the Lucky Charms like an ethereal mount!

it's already blessed, looks cool as a statue or use it as a mount and have it look like the mount and not an ehty. :D
    Jeebs likes this.
  7. WildCard

WildCard Member

When can we see an image? !!!!

I'm getting close to 200 eggs lol, gonna have to step it up :D
  8. WildCard

WildCard Member

Also, it'd help to throw out some new hues, can't even sell sandals for 100k now
  9. NCCML

NCCML Well-Known Member

@Chris is fluffy gonna be tameable, or is the dye meant to be a replacement for the tameable version?
  10. Hollywood

Hollywood Well-Known Member

Is there a way for the plat to point cost to be re-evaluated?

Perhaps a lotto type draw sort of like xmas store lotto with hcoins so it doesn't tie a certain value to it. In this case assuming eggs are selling at 1k each, current Easter store is valuing platinum at 30k per plat. I know we're all suckas, but not enough to spend 30k-ish worth of eggs on a single platinum coin.

Like the new stuff though.
    NCCML likes this.
  11. Jeebs

Jeebs Well-Known Member

I dont think the eggs were ment to be a pure plat resource but just another side source if you were hard up for it. 30k is a bit rough maybe 20k but i dont think mucvh lower than that
  12. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

sooooo the "dye" changes the hue of the animal and is purely cosmetic or turns it into a "Fluffy" with different stats?
  13. Hollywood

Hollywood Well-Known Member

Definitely not a pure plat resource. At this point it's not even a "if you were hard up for it" source. I look at it now and wonder why it's even there. Highly doubt anyone is lookin at that option and saying, "ya know what? I'm too lazy to sell my eggs even at an easy to sell price. I'm gonna pay 20-30k per plat coin"

Getting rid of it entirely, or making it appealing and fun in the slightest would be better options imo. Even when plat was normally selling at 10k per, it would still be a really terrible choice.
    SativaGreen, NCCML and Jeebs like this.
  14. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Since the points expire each year that is there purely to bleed over points you did not use. Not to establish a value, or even be a good price. Just a way to get your last points out.
    eherruh and Hollywood like this.
  15. SativaGreen

SativaGreen Well-Known Member

Just don't put in more eggs than you plan to spend.
  16. Sapharious

Sapharious Active Member