PONK - Pangs Over Neglected Keys

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by flyerok, Apr 15, 2024.

1. flyerok

flyerok Active Member

Looks like all the rest of leprechaun spawn was cleared and that means that I can publish the content of the envelope that red-haired guy handed me a few days ago:

------------------------------------------------------------
    Ah, me hearty adventurers! Gather 'round and lend me yer ears, for I've got a tale that'll tickle yer fancy and set yer hearts aflutter! Whilst ye've been gallivantin' about, huntin' them mischievous leprechauns and their pots o' gold, one cunning little rascal decided to stick around a tad longer.

Now, here's the twist ye've all been waitin' for – this sneaky fella's got himself a chest brimmin' with treasures, locked up tighter than a clam in high tide. But here's the rub, me friends – the key to unlockin' that treasure trove lies in yer hands, quite literally! Aye, ye heard me right! There be more locks on that chest than there are stars in the sky! But fear not, me hearties, for there's a glimmer o' hope. Our cunning leprechaun friend is on the hunt for keys to unlock this treasure trove, and he's lookin' to reward the most daring among ye. He's in need of green leprechaun keys, lots and lots of green keys! The more keys ye bring him, the merrier the rewards ye shall receive. But mind ye, this crafty leprechaun isn't one for playin' favorites. All deliveries will be kept under lock and key until the time comes to crown the champions. We can't be havin' any shenanigans, now can we?

Now, I can hear ye lamentin', "Ah, but I didn't gather any green keys! I threw them away on sight!" Oh, what a shame indeed!

Oh, but there's more! Listen closely now, for this is where it gets interestin'. The rewards? Oh, they're as shiny as a freshly polished shamrock, but they ain't for everyone, no sir! Only the most cunning, the most daring, the ones who bring forth the most keys shall claim their rightful share of the loot.

And as for them keys ye've been carryin' about in yer pockets, well, they'll be put to good use, fear not! Once the winners are declared, all keys will be melted down and reshaped into shiny new ones for next year's adventures. So, there be no point in askin' for 'em back – this leprechaun's got plans, ye see.

Now, if ye wish to part ways with yer keys, seek out a lad named Ben Lilly, usually found just a wee bit east of the Cove city portal. Look for the "Clover Patio" house with the gigantic pile o' gold on the roof and all sorts of leprechaun paraphernalia.

So, me hearty adventurers, sharpen yer wits and get to gatherin' them keys! The race is on, and the prizes await those who prove themselves worthy. The key collection shall commence today and continue till the end of April. So, buckle up and gather yer keys, for there be rewards awaitin'. May the luck o' the Irish be with ye all!

------------------------------------------------------------

So, yeah. Got 1419 hue leprechaun keys from our recent event? Bring 'em to Ben Lily at Clover Patio, just east of the Cove moongate. You can spot it by the massive pile of treasures on the roof:
    Screenshot 2024-04-16 014510.png

Can't find him? Ping me on discord @flyerok to set up a time.

All keys contribute to the prize pool, and the top contributors get first pick while the prizes last. If you don't make it into the pool, there's still a chance to win Lucky's Bridle.

We'll keep key counts private to avoid any funny business.

Only green keys with a hue of 1419 qualify.

No keys will be returned to the contributors, all deliveries are final.

Duration: April 15th - 30th.

Prize pool*
    Screenshot 2024-04-16 014024.png
    *may be expanded, can't be reduced with one exception - Lucky's Bridle won't be in the pool but will be drafted randomly among those who didn't make it to the pool

P.S. You may have noticed that the name of the event, PONK, is actually an acronym for something. One lucky player who successfully deciphers it or comes closest (in my opinion) by the end of the event will receive a special secret prize. Share your guesses and assumptions in this thread.

P.P.S. Good luck!
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2024
  2. Big_Daddy

Big_Daddy Active Member

P - Puking
    O - On
    N - Naked
    K - Koalas

download.jpg
  3. Enkoranx

Enkoranx New Member

P.O.N.K. - Patty Orders New Keys
  4. Ragnar Lothbrok

Ragnar Lothbrok Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

P.O.N.K - Players Obliviousness Never Kept
    Big_Daddy and Labeler like this.
  5. Aequitas40

Aequitas40 Member

Pouring Out New Keys. PONK
  6. Big_Daddy

Big_Daddy Active Member

Plenty of New Keys
  7. Serkist

Serkist New Member

Piles Of Nasty Keys
  8. Fenix (La Fenice)

Fenix (La Fenice) Active Member

Player ONE No Kills

Player Over No Keys
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2024
  9. Lucent

Lucent Member

Power Of Not Knowing
  10. Ashaman

Ashaman New Member

Paddy O'Brien Needs Keys
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  11. Lucent

Lucent Member

Pot Of New Keys
  12. flyerok

flyerok Active Member

Contributors:
    Artemis - 262 keys
    Loki - 16 keys

Participants will choose prizes in turn until they run out. Artemis starts first.

PONK stands for "Pangs Over Neglected Keys", closest guess was Fenix's, which is "Player Over No Keys". His prize is Lucky Charm Statue (Hue 2419) or another item/items from the Easter Rewards shop with a maximum cost of 600 points.
    Aragorn - OCT and Mithras like this.
  13. flyerok

flyerok Active Member

All prizes from the pool have been awarded.
    Artemis chose Spilled Gems, Golden Egg, Small Stone Vase, Lucky's Bridle.
    Loki chose The Cure Mace, Large Stone Vase, Golden Bow, and Jockey's Whip.
    Fenix added 650 of their points and got the Mutant Fluffy Dye (Hue 2419).

Thank you all for participating!
    Mithras likes this.