PreTamed Beastie Stats

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Jack of Shadows, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Jack of Shadows

Jack of Shadows Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I've been tossing the idea of bonding a wyrm or drag instead of a mare. What are some of the highest pretame stats you've seen? I thought we could pool our data to figure out what the optimal stats for a bondable might be.
  2. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

You don't need to 'pool data'. Go look up the mob on the Compendium, figure out the top end of their stat range, and tame/train accordingly.

For what it's worth, I have a bonded WW with max dex and int.
  3. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

The compendium stats are incorrect in many places. Here's what I have found to be the max stats for each heavy hitter:

Dragon:
    826 STR/HP
    111 DEX
    476 INT

White Wyrm:
    756 STR/HP
    135 DEX
    424 INT

Nightmare:
    525 STR/HP
    105 DEX
    125 INT

I bonded a dragon, and regret it a bit. They're fairly easy to find of course. Wyrms are not great bonding candidates either, as they generally have pretty high skills upon taming. If I could do it over, I probably would have bonded a nightmare.

As for stats, for what it's worth, I shoot for HP and STR, as opposed to DEX and INT. Haven't really crunched the numbers on this, though.
  4. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

You really should get your data from mobs that aren't buffed or nerfed by magic spells.

SetStr( 721, 760 );
    SetDex( 101, 130 );
    SetInt( 386, 425 );
    SetHits( 433, 456 );

That is copied straight out of the RunUO distro for the WW. The compendium is built on that exact data from that source.

Dragon:
    SetStr( 796, 825 );
    SetDex( 86, 105 );
    SetInt( 436, 475 );

SetHits( 478, 495 );

Nightmare:
    SetStr( 496, 525 );
    SetDex( 86, 105 );
    SetInt( 86, 125 );

SetHits( 298, 315 );
  5. Dalavar

Tell me more about your white wyrm with 433 to 456 HPs...
  6. Athena

Athena Active Member

I tend to look for maximum Strength and HPs myself but I think everyone has their own "sweet" stat. I like having higher int as well myself for more high circle spells as pets don't really know how to pool mana they just dump.

Anyway The RunUO data I think is correct Dalavar however it has Hitpoint values from after the age of shadows (where everything in the game took at 40% HP nerf). Best way to fix that is HP range = Strength range. Your values do seem off by bless amounts due to dragons/mares being able to bless for 4/5 extra stats and wyrms getting 10 per bless/buff.
  7. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

From BaseCreature.cs the formula is (Hits * 100)/60.

Welcome to RunUO

public void SetHits( int val )
    {
    if ( val < 1000 && !Core.AOS )
    val = (val * 100) / 60;

m_HitsMax = val;
    Hits = HitsMax;
    }

public void SetHits( int min, int max )
    {
    if ( min < 1000 && !Core.AOS )
    {
    min = (min * 100) / 60;
    max = (max * 100) / 60;
    }

m_HitsMax = Utility.RandomMinMax( min, max );
    Hits = HitsMax;

Here's my bonded WW: (which, when the math is reversed, had a base hit value of 440.4
    [​IMG]
    Almost forgot: Tell me more about how little you know about RunUO.
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  8. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

As for why I look for high dexterity first, intelligence second, is that the higher dex mobs melee more often. This was easily seen to be superior in events over a year ago where the folks with high dex nightmares were cleaning up the Cupids because they just hit more often. Same reason I wanted that on my WW. Max hit speed, max mana, and it's a bit on the low end of HP but it's not really a problem, or hasn't been so far.
  9. Dalavar

HP = Strength works for some creatures, but not others. For example, it breaks down with Hell Hound and Predator Hellcats. I think in fact the best way to fix this in the compendium is to just do the *100/60 formula.

It's quite possible that some creatures were under bless/curse when I Lore'd them. I checked very few Wyrms, so if one happened to have a recent aggressor before I arrived, that could explain it.

Since most of the special event guys, and all of the normal in-game bosses, take such a reduced amount of damage from pets in melee, I wanted to focus on how they do most of their damage: firebreath. In which case, an extra 20 HP gives you 1 more damage from that. As for INT, in any given hunting session it really only matters once, and it *might* get you an extra level 6 or 7 spell. For any fight or farming session of appreciable length, this quickly becomes a rounding error.
  10. Athena

Athena Active Member

Yes the formula Blaise posted works much better. I was just trying to toss a rough estimate out haha I actually didn't know the real formula.
  11. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Yeah, the dex could be not as desirable as it once was but the data is correct. I didn't really know the formula but I knew there was one somewhere. I just did a bit of digging in runuo files and found it.

When I check WWs for stats, I 'precast' animal lore so I can target them before they aggro me. They almost always buff immediately on aggro it seems, so you have to be fast to get the right data.

I've sat there and killed anything with sub-125 dex and stabled the good ones.