Quick Question about Order/Chaos

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Petrus, Dec 24, 2014.

1. Petrus

Petrus Member

I was looking with the search function and couldn't find any definitive information on this so I thought I'd ask.

When I quit playing OSI UO, I could cast spells with an order or chaos shield equipped in one hand.

Can you do that on this server?

I'm trying to build a couple of characters and I don't have the means to test it myself yet.

Thanks
  2. Liberation

Liberation Well-Known Member

3. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Liberation is correct, however even with the shield equipped while casting the combat mechanics would provide no benefit to having it equipped other than if you somehow combined the Parry and Magery skills.

To cast any spell on the Renaissance server your hands have to be empty other than a spellbook.
  4. Petrus

Petrus Member

That's too bad, oh well, not the end of the world i guess.
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
  5. Petrus

Petrus Member

PS; since I started talking about it,

the theory would be that having a more powerful magic ability could enable you to completely forgo the healing skill in your final maxed out build, or allow you to have a very low healing skill, while more than compensating it by having fully powered greater heals and enough mana to cast them when you need them. of course potion use would be high with such a character, with agility, heal, and refresh potions being needed. Stats would be something like 100/75/50

this type of character wouldn't have 7xGM, but 6xGM with something like 70/30 or 80/20 in two other skills. These two could be healing or meditation at a low skill of 30 with lumberjacking or parrying at 70 (or 20/80 if you were doing a little med for passive gain). If you could cast with virtue shields I'd say parrying could be even better than lumberjacking, but as it is, this isn't going to be viable.
  6. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

You can test anything you like on the Renaissance test server as well.
    test.uorenaissance.com 2597