Renaissance 2013 House Decor Contest #2

Discussion in 'Shard News' started by Chris, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

[​IMG]

Welcome to the 2nd Renaissance House Decoration contest!

Congrats to all our winners! To collect you winnings contact Telamon or Ezekiel on IRC or via pm.

Best Decorated Massive House - Voting Thread
    • [​IMG] 1st Place - Markos - Custom Sign, Trophy, 20 Charge Furniture Dye Tub, 20 Platinum
      [​IMG] 2nd Place - Upgrayed - Trophy, 15 Charge Furniture Dye Tub, 15 Platinum
      [​IMG] 3rd Place Tie - Gideon Jura / Mobolin - Trophy, 10 Charge Furniture Dye Tub, 10 Platinum Each
      [​IMG] 4th Place - Ariande - Trophy, 5 Charge Furniture Dye Tub, 5 Platinum

Best Decorated Large House - Voting Thread
    • [​IMG] 1st Place - Mobolin- Custom Sign, Trophy, 20 Charge Furniture Dye Tub, 20 Platinum
      [​IMG] 2nd Place - Jupiter - Trophy, 15 Charge Furniture Dye Tub, 15 Platinum
      [​IMG] 3rd Place - Rezon- Trophy, 10 Charge Furniture Dye Tub, 10 Platinum

Best Decorated Medium House - Voting Thread
    • [​IMG] 1st Place - Landarr- Custom Sign, Trophy, 20 Charge Furniture Dye Tub, 20 Platinum
      [​IMG] 2nd Place -Atraxi - Trophy, 15 Charge Furniture Dye Tub, 15 Platinum
      [​IMG] 3rd Place - Gideon Jura - Trophy, 10 Charge Furniture Dye Tub, 10 Platinum

Best Decorated Small House - Voting Thread
    • [​IMG] 1st Place - Mobolin - Custom Sign, Trophy, 20 Charge Furniture Dye Tub, 20 Platinum
      [​IMG] 2nd Place - Paradigm - Trophy, 15 Charge Furniture Dye Tub, 15 Platinum
      [​IMG] 3rd Place - Tie Westra / Jupiter / Wulver - Trophy, 5 Charge Furniture Dye Tub, 5 Platinum Each

Most Unique Design Element - Voting Thread
    • [​IMG] 1st Place - Atraxi - Trophy, 20 Charge Furniture Dye Tub, 20 Platinum
      [​IMG] 2nd Place - Hatecrime - Trophy, 15 Charge Furniture Dye Tub, 15 Platinum
      [​IMG] 3rd Place - Tie Mobolin / Upgrayedd - Trophy, 5 Charge Furniture Dye Tub, 5 Platinum Each

There will be 5 categories to choose from
    • Best Decorated Massive House
      Includes: Fortress, Castle, Small Keep, Large Keep
      Note: Make sure to post a variety of pictures of all decorated areas of the house. Include descriptions for themed areas.
    • Best Decorated Large House
      Includes: Tower, Large Marble Patio, 2 Story House, Large patio, Large Brick
    • Best Decorated Medium House
      Includes: Sandstone, Log Cabin, Villa
    • Best Decorated Small House
      Includes: Marble Shop, Stone Shop, Small Houses
    • Most Unique Design Element
      Note: Custom Fighting Rink, Hot Tub, Piano, Tree or otherwise illustration of player creativity belongs in this category

The Rules
    • Post pictures in this thread of your house, make sure to indicate which categories you are entering next to each picture of set of pictures.
    • Make sure to keep all your pictures for each entry in a single post.
    • The higher the resolution the better
    • Any pictures posted between now and October 5th will be considered for judging.
      Note: Make sure to post a variety of pictures of all decorated areas of the house in the event of larger houses.
    • On the 6th all of the entries will be posted here in a thread for each category.
    • Players will be able to vote once each category
    • For your vote to count you must have an established forum account
    • Player votes will account for 50% of the score, with staff voting accounting for the other 50%.
    • On October 15th the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners from each category will be announced.
      Note: Should you have trouble taking screenshots of your house post the location of the house here and the staff will assist you.

The Prizes
    • 1st Place in each category will win a trophy and a sign placed on their house signifying their house as a contest winner.
    • 1st place in each category will also get a 20 charge furniture dye tub and 20 Platinum.
    • 2nd Place in each category will get a 2nd place trophy and a 15 charge furniture dye tub and 15 platinum.
    • 3rd Place in each category will get a trophy a 10 charge furniture dye tub and 10 platinum.
    • Honorable Mentions will receive a 5 charge furniture dye tub.
      Note: Prizes subject to change if I come up with better ideas.

Click here to see the 1st Official House Decoration Contest
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  2. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Are we partying like its 2012? :D
  3. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Hah was literally mid edit of the post from last year.
  4. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

Awesome!!

Just texted Cattie_B, which will secure us 1st place in all categories!!
  5. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

hax
  6. Knive

Knive New Member

Most Unique Design Element

A hiding place (they wont find me afk macroing here...)

Attached Files:

7. Zeluvius

Zeluvius Member

My entry for "Best Decorated Large House"

Its still under construction and there's still lots to do, time and funds permitting...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

G A M E O V E R !

lol
  9. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

I hate you :mrgreen:
  10. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

Heh nice!
  11. Cattie B

Cattie B New Member

LOL sad but its a true story! Challenge accepted!
  12. Azguard

Azguard Member

I would like to submit for your consideration for the "Best Decorated Massive House"

Welcome to The Dark Lord's Lair:
    On the First floor you will first notice the Decorative entry lighting at the front doors, as you enter into the main hall you will see a beautiful custom couch facing an orate large fireplace. A formal Dining Area compliments the main hall,

since it wouldn't fit in the first photo, the second shows the vault of the Lair.

as you proceed up the stairs, What kind of proper Host would I be without a full bar complete with Barkeep with plenty of seating for all your gathering and social needs.

Now everyone has their skeletons in their closets, some more than others, Being a Dark Lord come with some vices that are well... taboo

I hope you Enjoyed your tour of The Dark Lord's Lair.
    Ya'll come back now, ya hear!

P.S. please forgive the pictures.. Ive never been good at sizing and getting good screenshots.

Attached Files:

13. purple

purple Member

why wont it let me post pics?
  14. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

Azguard, love the fireplace and especially the roof!
  15. purple

purple Member

16. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

This isn't much of a candidate but I wanted to share our TT filing system
    Loot Pile
    [​IMG]

Head Pile
    [​IMG]

Bonus: the old head pile
    [​IMG]
  17. purple

purple Member

delete

delete, il let garr deco his own fort
  18. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

Village of Paws - Unique Entry

The Sapphire Pond and Sapphire Falls!
    Please open the picture in a separate viewer to see the complete image, including the Sapphire Falls. I was unable to get it to fit in one nice, forum shot.

See full story leading to the creation of the Sapphire Waters here:

Sapphire Droplets
    and
    Sapphire Pond

[​IMG]
  19. Jupiter

Village of Paws - Small House Entry

For our entry in the Small House category, we present to you the humble abode of Kiln the Dwarf: The Magical Forge!

Up top, we see Kiln's modest sleeping quarters, with a shared sleeping/kitchen area. The eggs are always on the skillet!

Don't let the size of these small stone shops deceive you, they are full of space. And what's this? Ours even comes with a cellar door! It appears our dwarf has excavated his own private cellar ;)

Attached Files:

20. Jupiter

Village of Paws - Large House Entry

We here at the village of Paws, proudly enjoy all the amenities made available to us here on this shard via the platinum system and awesome crafting content.

Yet we strongly believe that the most precious 'rare' pixel are the ones we invent ourselves. You may see a few low end rare items hanging from the walls, but I guarantee if this house ever caught fire, the first things I'd be trying to save are the simple items you see named in this picture :)

The latern in the center of the bar is supposed to be a fancy lamp shade of sorts. Perhaps a lamp with 2 regular bulbs and 1 fancy orange one? I hope you can see that too, because that's what I was going for.

Also I added a picture of it in Dark Nights, because it is just so splendid!

We hope you enjoy our village entries. Stay tuned for The Wayside Tavern! (hopefully to be submitted before the contest deadline nudge nudge, you know who you are :) )

Hail UO:R!

[​IMG]

Some updated shots - added 9/21/2013

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files: