Renaissance Future Project List

Discussion in 'Shard News' started by Chris, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

This thread will contain any and all items that are currently under reivew by the Renaissance staff for inclusion, exclusion or modification. So before you post a bug report, ask where something is, or why something is missing please check this list.

It has most likely been disabled or adjusted while our research assistants pour over patch notes to find out how OSI intended it to work, how they broke it with trammel and how we can fix it properly.

• Animal Taming - Completed - Click Here for Details
      • Control Slots - Tamers will have a minor limitation placed on their ability to control multiple pets in line with the Renaissance Era. (Currently 8 Control Slots)
      • Bonding - Pet Bonding is under review as an addition to Renaissance should we be able to customize it in a way to add risk/reward/work/balance to the system.
      • Re-tames - Retaming a pet will require a slightly higher level of skill, this is currently under review for correct mechanics and balancing.
    • Bulk Order Deeds - Completed - Click Here for Details
      • BOD Rewards - The BOD rewards have been adjusted temporarily while a more permanent system is devised. We will not have neon cloth, or sandals from BoD rewards on Renaissance. However we will be replacing these items with new items that are just as rewarding.
      • BOD Timers - Bulk Order Deed's may only be obtained once every 6 hours per character. That character must meet a requisite skill level to obtain a Bulk Order Deed from a vendor.
      • BOD Books - These will be obtainable as a reward from the Bulk Order Deed system.
    • Client Interface
      • Fonts - Return to Renaissance era fonts. Currently you can adjust this by changing your font option in game, however we will resolve this by default in the future.
        [​IMG]
      • Buff/Debuff Icons - We have incorporated this system to work on Renaissance. To learn more click here
      • Visible Damage - Visible damage is enabled at the moment for all players to see to aid in the beta phase. Once the server is live the system will be adjusted to only show damage to related parties (Aggressor, Defender)
    • Combat
      • Special Attacks will be reviewed extensively for proper Player vs Player and Player vs Monster Balance.
    • Crafting
      • Plant Crafting is under review.
    • Factions
      • Tax Rates - Town control tax rates have been disabled while new systems are designed to benefit players for town control.
      • Faction Vendors - The classic vendors have been removed, and replaced with a new combined faction vendor.
    • Items
      • Ethereals - Currently disabled and under review, as an eternal never ending resource they conflict with our mission statement in their current form.
      • Bolas - Given potential exploits, the lack of ethereals, and mounted npc combatants these have been disabled temporarily while reviewed.

• Housing - Completed - Click Here for Details
      • Land Rush - Renaissance will have a phased Land Rush system for player housing. Approximately 1 month after the server goes live we will have our first land rush event where housing will be opened in zones for players. This will continue as the server population grows.
      • Houses - Houses have been reverted to pre Renaissance mechanics. This change was to remove the trammel aspect of housing that was implemented early on in the Renaissance era. Limited lockdowns, and secures, house keys are not newbied and you must use good house security.
      • Improved House Designs - We have added improved versions of a few of the Renaissance era houses. Information on Renaissance houses can be found here.
    • Spells
      • Beneficial Spells - Beneficial spells such as reactive armor, magic reflect and protection have been tweaked to properly match the Renaissance era
    • Vendors
      • Vendors will not sell commodity deeds.
        These items allowed the transport of large amount of resources with minimal risk
      • All vendor prices have been adjusted to achieve a balanced economy to encourage player to player rather than player to npc interaction.
  2. newme

newme Well-Known Member

Re: Renaissance Future Project List - Must Read!

thanks great job to all the staff
  3. cmerolon

cmerolon Member

Housing

Land Rush - Renaissance will have a phased Land Rush system for player housing. Approximately 1 month after the server goes live we will have our first land rush event where housing will be opened in zones for players. This will continue as the server population grows.

So we are not allowed to place until a month after? :?:
  4. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

There will be housing available, mainly small house plots in the woods, just nothing like yew bank housing, moongates, graveyards etc. This way everyone has a chance at getting a good plot.
  5. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Expect a blog post on the land rush housing system of Renaissance here soon since there have been so many questions about it.
  6. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I like the land rush idea... just a small amount. I remember staying up really late for housing placement, it was like camping an IDOC but on a global scale. If these are localized areas I think it will get out of hand... not to mention it isn't house per account so the same people will be showing up at every single one of these land rushes.

I think what will benefit from the "land rush" idea would be factions. Keep factions closed for a month or so, let people get established and guilds build up. Then open registration for factions, this could be like a ceremony/event. This could shift attention toward factions and probably boost involvment than say, one guild joining Shadowlords really quick and taking all the towns with no one to defend. Then you have people that either join SL or don't want to join because they have advantage.

Just throwing it out there, I have to work in 4 hours, couldn't sleep been reading these forums!!! :mrgreen:
  7. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Welcome aboard Wulver. I actually like your faction idea, it makes a lot of sense. There is always a flipside to the coin though, and people who have been here for 3 months waiting for launch are probobly very excited to get into some faction action on day 1. If there is no faction pvp, I bet all the noobs find a lot more PK encounters early on. Either way, its all part of the UO experience :)
  8. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Well, it will most likely be solo players. Only a few guilds will keep guildstone after wipe. then you need house for guildstone. A thief joining straight up can rush out and steal towns. Maybe lock town stealing for a few weeks? They can still join to pvp but not capture towns?
  9. Dashiva

Dashiva New Member

Just a quick question about this; does this mean control slots will reduce to 5 (I think they started out at 5 in ren)?
    I'm all for risk vs. reward. However my most memorable times were controlling for example two white wyrms. I was one of the only tamers to use two regularly on my OSI server, simply because mass curse caused them to fight eachother. It limited me to a bard/tamer combo, which was sometimes hard to play with no real secondary skills to speak of, but I really enjoyed it.
    When Ren limited control slots to 5, that's about the time I lost the desire to keep playing. So, it's pretty important to me to know if it will stay at ~8 or drop down considerably.
  10. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

Just a quick question about this; does this mean control slots will reduce to 5 (I think they started out at 5 in ren)?
    I'm all for risk vs. reward. However my most memorable times were controlling for example two white wyrms. I was one of the only tamers to use two regularly on my OSI server, simply because mass curse caused them to fight eachother. It limited me to a bard/tamer combo, which was sometimes hard to play with no real secondary skills to speak of, but I really enjoyed it.
    When Ren limited control slots to 5, that's about the time I lost the desire to keep playing. So, it's pretty important to me to know if it will stay at ~8 or drop down considerably.

Control Slots are 8.

White Wyrm (3) slot
    Dragon (3) slot
    Drake (2) slot
    Nightmare (2) slot

So you can right around on a nightmare with 2 WWs, 2 Dragons or 3 drakes. Also as far as I know White Wyrms don't mass curse and if they do haven't seem them do it yet.
  11. Tashlin

Tashlin Member

I agree that a nightmare and 2 ww's should be the way it is. The worst thing that ever happened to tamers was the reduction of control slots. Used to the more pets you were controlling at the time added to your difficulty to give commands so all kill didn't always work which helped prevent tamers from be all kill no skill as they were extremely vulnerable if their pets ignored their command or if only 1 listened but not the others. It also made it difficult to give chase in pvp as if only 1 dragon took the command and the other didn't people would often lure 1 off to kill it while someone else attacked the tamer or lured the other dragon a different direction. It was a huge headache but worth the trouble to control 2+ dragons or WW's and a nightmare.
  12. Tater Salad

Tater Salad Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

:cry:
  13. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Renaissance Staff

This actually is enabled on Renaissance, we had discussed & considered disabling this ability altogether, but that didn't end up coming to publish. I must have missed these listings a while back when I attempted to rectify any confusion regarding this. I've updated the OP to reflect this.

Any item which is created as a faction-item is currently granted a 3 week temporary blessing status. After this time expires, the item will lose its blessed property & return to its default color.
  14. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Updated the thread to indicate the projects that have been completed.