Repair option for tailor, bowyer & few other addons for carpenter (Club, Black Staff)

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Mino, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Mino

Mino Active Member

Hello all members, I made a 5x crafter with some grinding here and was wondering if these could be implemented for later updates.

Repair option should be open for Tailors and Bowyers as well, would be nice if those crafters could repair their gear.

Why carpenters can't make Clubs or Black Staves is beyond me, I know they are not hard hitters, but using exceptional ones would be good for mace training.
  2. Sapharious

Sapharious Active Member

I personally would love to see GM Carp repair order deeds. I have a black staff of power that I love to bash npcs with that now just sits in a bag... yeah I could use one of my metal maces of power but I like the look of the staff.
    NCCML likes this.
  3. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
    Bruzzer, Wulver and NCCML like this.
  4. Hadrian

Hadrian Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  5. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

6. r3ckon3r

r3ckon3r Well-Known Member

I'd like to see this, especially for carpenters and bowyers
    Bruzzer and One like this.
  7. Bruzzer

Bruzzer New Member

Agreed, being able to repair bows without fort powder will make archery more attractive especially with the recent buff.
    One likes this.
  8. Mino

Mino Active Member

Runic bows would need special wood I guess, that will open another can of worms.

But even repair only option would make me go back to archery again. Currently quitting bowyer for blacksmithing because my warrior toons are close quarter swingers now.

So far only Blacksmiths and Tinkers can repair (Tinkers repair 3 kinds of small knives)

Repairing magic leather would be nice too. I guess what's worrying is for mage balance here.
    One likes this.
  9. Xavant_BR

Xavant_BR Well-Known Member

My first shard, we could farm more than one kind of wood... there was not the oak.. but some kind of valorite/verite wood. So the carpenters could make staffs from different woods with different damage bonus..
    AND YEAH MAGES COULD USE STAFFS(only staffs) WHILE CASTING.... Staff mages was one of the most popular templates.. and it was fun and not overpowered.
  10. Mino

Mino Active Member

http://www.uoguide.com/Board

These colored boards are mostly AoS+ implements, but if a runic system is implemented like the blacksmith runic weapons applied here it would be nice. It's a major rework though I admit.

That I'll be more than happy with regular repairs, club & black staff. At least they would be equal to blacksmith & tinkers.
  11. Pharoah

Pharoah Well-Known Member

i use POF on my inv leather armor and it brings it back up to 38. if you catch it as it goes down a point or 2 its minimal use especially if theres a main piece or 2 that keeps taking the damage. i put it mostly on gorget and legs yesterday after a Kramp scroll i had to use 5 charges to bring it from 36-38 but it is a tad cheaper than buying sets or pieces. There will come a time when it ultimately just will not take another charge though. In that case you only end up having to get one-2 pieces not the whole dang thing