Resource Container

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by fooka03, Nov 8, 2014.

1. fooka03

fooka03 Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

So one of the things I'm noticing as I do more gathering is that it gets to be a pain in the neck to get said resources inside a house. Sure you could put a secure outside but considering the weight of ore, logs, etc that tends to be almost worthless. A lockdown solves the weight limit, but any schmuck coming by can help themselves.

So my thoughts are to implement a special resource container house addon. It would have the following properties:

A) take up a secure slot
    B) only allow 10 items
    C) only allow stackable items
    D) not allow anything to be used from it directly (out of sight)

As far as obtaining this item, I think it would be a reasonable addition to the upcoming carpentry BOD system though it could also be shoehorned in to the existing bsmith/tailor bod systems (tailoring has way too many hanging armor rewards for the more difficult orders anyway). Another possibility is having this as a plat reward but I feel that it's not as good of a fit there.
  2. TrojanCow

TrojanCow Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Not against the idea, but a lot of humans have been handling resources fine since the late 90s. Some stuff gets locked down on steps (usually ore and wood, no need to unlock to add more), some of it goes in bank (no weight limit, only item limit), and once in a while maybe gating stuff out of bank in one pouch, one trip, from a secure location in your house.
  3. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

If you lock down the stackable on your front steps, isn't that basically what's being asked for here?

OK, (A) is not the case.

(B) is limited by space on your steps, so a practical limit is about 10 (maybe less).

(C) is completely true about locked down items and adding to the pile

(D) is true as well since you need to unlock the pile to draw from it.
  4. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019