SECRET SANTA 2021 (SIGNUPS CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by Puck, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Puck

Puck Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

ALL GIFTS MUST BE TURNED IN TO ME BY 12:01 AM EST DECEMBER 20th, 2020.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As December quickly approaches, Santa Puck stirs from his long sleep. The people of UOR need some holiday spirit!

And so... I am proud to announce to the fine citizens of UOR... SECRET SANTA 2021 TIERED EDITION v. 2.0 (Electric Boogaloo)!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SIGNUPS CLOSE AT 12:01 AM EST DECEMBER 8th, 2021. PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR DISCORD TAG AND WHICH TIERS YOU WOULD LIKE TO PATRICIPATE IN!

PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP IF YOU WILL HAVE TROUBLE MEETING THESE DEADLINES!

A few years ago, I gave a crazy gift to the Secret Santa event and got trolled by whoever had me...
    [​IMG]
    While this may be fun for some, it left a bad taste in my mouth. In order to encourage outrageous gifting and exchange of high value items for those interested at a level they are comfortable with, I devised a system that has a little bit of something for everyone. Hopefully, everyone can find a way to participate in the fun in whatever way you'd like.

Things went pretty well for the first run of this modified Secret Santa in 2020...

Therefore, I present the NEW AND IMPROVED "2021 Tiered Secret Santa":

Tier 1: Chaotic Neutral Santa
    GettyImages-83769190-93396228da5243ae918b40ca32697fb5.jpg

NO MINIMUM VALUE GIFT!
    Anything goes! Sign up here if you are new, broke, or just want to roll the dice in the traditional Secret Santa format. No gift is too small or large.

Tier 2: "Cool Dad" Santa
    christmas-jokes.jpg

500K GOLD MINIMUM VALUE GIFT!
    Sign up here if you have a gift worth at least 500k and want something worth 500k or over in return! This is balling on a budget.

Tier 3: Fat Stacks Father Christmas
    Santa-Cash.jpg
    5 MILLION GOLD MINIMUM VALUE GIFT!
    Sign up here if you are obnoxiously pixel rich and want to be paired with someone else of hefty pixel stature to spray Trammel on one another.

In summary, Tier 1 is similar to the "traditional" Secret Santa. Anyone can participate regardless of whether it's your 1st day or 8th year on the server. You may get a fish steak. You may get something outrageous. The higher tiers are for people who want some sort of assurance and enjoy the idea of gifting something valuable to a player anonymously while getting something valuable in return.

Now, here are some ground rules and how this will work...
    I will be solely responsible for collection and distribution of the gifts. Please arrange to meet me via discord PM. All trades will be done in event center if possible. Every gift will be logged and screenshotted. Picks will be assigned via randomizer and sent to all participants immediately. "Secret Santa 2021" plat trophies or some commemorative item will be provided if possible (completely unconfirmed conjecture) @Chris @Samorite @Keza @Quick . You may sign up for one tier, two tiers, or all 3 tiers.

Gift value will be determined by me alone based on #pricecheck, auction value, or general consensus. If any gift is deemed "lacking", the giver will have an opportunity to correct it. If they refuse or can not, they will be placed in the below category.

Anyone who signs up and does not turn in their gift by the deadline will be publicly shamed and banned from any future Secret Santa that I host pending a public apology deemed acceptable by me. You will also forfeit your gift and the giver will have a chance to modify it for the new recipient, as I'm sure we will have people that want in and miss the deadline.

It is encouraged that you take the time given between gifting assignments and turn in deadline to familiarize yourself with the player you are gifting to in order to create a personalized gift if possible. These are the most impactful. It is encouraged that you remain anonymous, though not required. Feel free to include a personalized note and be as creative as you want. Items such as pets, housing, placed boats, or anything you can think of are accepted. Have fun with it.

I am taking volunteers to help fill in for anyone who does not turn in their gift on time.

Signups must include your discord name if it is different from your forum name or they will be disregarded. Exceptions to this may be made if deemed necessary.

SIGNUPS CLOSE AT 12:01 AM EST DECEMBER 8th, 2021. PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR DISCORD TAG AND WHICH TIERS YOU WOULD LIKE TO PATRICIPATE IN!

PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP IF YOU WILL HAVE TROUBLE MEETING THESE DEADLINES!

To drop off your gifts AFTER YOU HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED SOMEONE TO GIFT TO:

Please contact ME (Puck#1337) in discord to arrange to pick up your gift.

You can either bring your gift to the Secret Santa house outside Vesper where you will meet with Santa Puck (Please note the guild title and tag):
    [​IMG]
    OR
    You can arrange pickup with me "of the Lake" (preferably in the event center if possible) who is easily identifiable by her 1st Year Anniversary green mask (1/1 active):
    [​IMG]

It is encouraged that you remain anonymous, although you can leave a personalized note. I will be verifying approximate value of the gifts only to make sure they reach the minimum for the tier. Please don't make me ask you to add to your gift. See the rules below. Please do your research on the person you are gifting to if possible. Something done exclusively for them makes the best gift.

Here is last year's event post for reference: https://uorforum.com/threads/2020-tiered-secret-santa.51550/

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 8, 2021
  2. Puck

Puck Well-Known Member

I'll go ahead and sign myself up...

Tier 1
    Tier 2
    Tier 3

Discord: Puck#1337
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
  3. OptimisticSam

OptimisticSam Well-Known Member

Love it! And love the tiers. I'm in.
    Puck likes this.
  4. Snorko

Snorko Well-Known Member

Last year was fun, count me in, Snorko#7244

All three tiers!

[​IMG]
  5. Thrash

Thrash Member

Tier 1
    Tier 2
    Thrashska #2221
    Puck likes this.
  6. Willy

Willy Well-Known Member

Tier 2
    Willy#2127
    Puck likes this.
  7. Carm

Carm Active Member
    UO:R Donor

I'll sign up for Tier 1 and 2.
    Carm#2807
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2021
    Puck likes this.
  8. OptimisticSam

OptimisticSam Well-Known Member

Sign me up for Tier 3 - hoping for some great Trammy gear (and give away some of mine!).
    Puck likes this.
  9. TheNooNoo

TheNooNoo Well-Known Member

Tier 1 and 2
    Puck likes this.
  10. Vincent Blackshadow

Vincent Blackshadow Well-Known Member

T 3

same discord id
    Puck likes this.
  11. Leeloo

Leeloo Well-Known Member

T3

same discord id
    Puck likes this.
  12. Big_Daddy

Big_Daddy Active Member

T1 and T2 - Stephen#8314
    Puck likes this.
  13. Jill Stihl

Jill Stihl Well-Known Member

Tier 1

Jill_Stihl with a teacup.
    Puck likes this.
  14. Ophira

Ophira Well-Known Member

Tier 1
    Tier 2

Discord: Ophira

Thanks Puck!

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
    Puck likes this.
  15. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack Active Member

Tier 1, Yukon Jack#8980
    Vincent Blackshadow and Puck like this.
  16. Gotzhaus

Gotzhaus New Member

tier one gotzhaus 1598
    Puck likes this.
  17. Miss V

Miss V Member

Gonna give this a go.. Roll the dice and see what happens!

T 1 & 2

Sybele#1925
    Puck likes this.
  18. Apaulling

Apaulling Well-Known Member

First time, gonna get warmed up with T1/2
    Puck likes this.
  19. Dash

Dash Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Tier 1 plz
    Puck likes this.
  20. Puck

Puck Well-Known Member

Deon#2024 in discord signs up for tier 1.

Discord_SFAaJkZ8S8.png
    AOٌ likes this.