So I hopped on this boat, right..

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Hydrox, Dec 28, 2023.

1. Hydrox

Hydrox Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I some how managed to make my way back to Occlo after years lost at sea. Who's still playing, what's going on?
    StarTrakZack and Rick Thorp like this.
  2. Mike Oxwells

Mike Oxwells Active Member

Endless number of empty towers, castles, forts, etc. Basically a few people buying up land through back channels and never playing. Run around a bit. Will shock you to see tower after empty tower after empty tower.
    PaddyOBrien and Rick Thorp like this.
  3. Hydrox

Hydrox Well-Known Member

Yeah I did that after this post.. crazy that it's worse than it was before i left.
    StarTrakZack and Rick Thorp like this.
  4. Rick Thorp

Rick Thorp New Member

Ive been kinda sad lately seeing how bare things have been. I havent been able to play much lately because work has been so busy, but I still hop on once a week to run around for a minute at least. I loved how things were picking up about two to three years ago but Im worried about how its slowed down. I donate monthly in the hopes it gets better and doesnt get shut down.
  5. Venger

Venger Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

at these replies. It’s great. Same as it’s always been.
    Zero likes this.
  6. Hydrox

Hydrox Well-Known Member

The condemning system would be flourishing right now. The number one thing that's fun to do for a majority for players coming back in, new.. Is getting that first house/milestone. While there's def some small spots.. I talked to a couple people who have 5-10 forts or multiple huge bridged lots that just rot.

Kinda a deterrent to coming back. Amongst other things :\

Not to come here just to talk shit or anything. Just was hoping for some hopeful hello's and things to do.
    Rick Thorp likes this.
  7. Air

Air Well-Known Member

HOW DARE YOU. WITH YEARS OF HARD WORK, YOU CAN BUY A FORT FOR 40MILL FROM SOMEONE WHO PLACED IT FOR DEED PRICE WHEN IT IDOC'D LAST WEEK.

ALSO, THERE ARE PLENTY OF MEDIUM SIZED HOUSING SPOTS, DON'T COMPLAIN THAT YOU CANNOT HAVE A FORT ON YOUR RETURN, HOW DARE YOU. I WILL SIT ON MY 15 FORTS AND LOOK DOWN ON THE PEASANTS WHO CRY ABOUT HOUSE OWNERSHIP.

(Oh, sorry. This is the reply I used to get when I would complain about the 15-house thing, and no condemnation, and infinite refreshing of vacant houses lol. Just figured I'd make you feel more at home. For YEARS I said, that when new people come here weekly, or veterans return, and they see so many damn vacant houses and no spots for large homes as they all sit vacant and empty for years, they would leave again and not return.)

Retention has to be at an all-time low, and those of us veterans that WANT to play here, are just tired of the same old same old. I log in once in a while and troll the IDOC crew and block their AFK idoc BOT characters, farm a little, and maybe take the life of an adventurer sometimes.... then I am reminded why I logged off and walked away so many times. Maybe one day, UOR will thrive again, as we all hope. This has been by far the best server in regard to era, mechanics, pvp, etc.

Just remember, the one guild that still remains, and controls all housing, plat, gold, rares, etc. has publicly stated that they do not care if they run everyone off this server, because they enjoy playing with themselves, alone.
    Merlin Manson and NCCML like this.
  8. Fenrir

Fenrir Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Welcome Back Hydrox,

A player with your experience knows the lay of the land. The struggle is real. Some rise to the top, others fall to the bottom, the rest is just the Churn...
    [​IMG]
  9. Venger

Venger Active Member

I’m having a great time. Play every day.