So where are the magic rings, earrings, necklaces?

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by CrazyJoe, May 21, 2014.

1. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Active Member

They had charges for blessing, cursed, protection, and teleport.

I loved those, and were in that era!
  2. Jack of Shadows

Jack of Shadows Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I take time every now and then to ask for those (esp as a dungeon chest loot boost) hopefully we'll get them. (esp the invis/teleport rings) AND YOU CAN USE TELEPORT RINGS WHILE HIDDEN AND STAY HIDDEN FYI! (Don't ruin them!)
  3. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Magic jewelry is crap, OP in PvP and has no place in a balanced shard.
    So to answer the question, they are all readily available, on other shards.
    Gozinya and Vlar like this.
  4. Jack of Shadows

wow glad we have the definitive and final answer on removing such a fun and awesome part of the game

what would we do without the holy bible that is Blaise's opinion?
    Jakob likes this.
  5. Jack of Shadows

such a great perfection of history, replacing them with plain clothing, jewelry, and various other junk in the chests. Glad anyone who has an opinion that differs from yours is not part of UOBlaise Perfected
  6. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Have you even done any chests here? There are none of those shitty things you mentioned. The worst thing you'll find in chests here are shit wands and bone armor. My opinion on how shitty magic jewelry is, is not unique or solely mine (or perhaps administration decided this preemptively before I ever logged in, just to make sure that it's perfect for me and me alone).

Or perhaps it is shit and while 'fun' for miscreants and shitbad pvpers, is not something staff wanted here.
  7. Jack of Shadows

D. chests spawn plain clothing and jewelry noob, I'm almost done with my 2nd gm rt/lp char and I think I'd know the junk that comprises these chests. And I do believe magic reflect items are overpowered, but the other stuff can be fun and useful (even in non pvp situations, teleport/invis rings are very versatile.) If you want to perfect history, try listening to a variety of players, what you call pvp here (the voting list is full of pvm killers who travel in packs) is shit and I could care less about it at this point. And I would respect your opinion on things more if you didn't shit all over every thread that gets posted.
  8. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

You, and this is hard to even say however true, PvP less than I do. I haven't honestly done a dungeon chest in a while so if they added bunk clothes and jewelry, hahaha, lol.
    Reflect, Teleport, Invis, all OP and have no place here.

We do listen to a variety of players, in case you haven't paid any fucking attention at all since you got here. Even that shitbad Double Vision got changes implemented even though he pretended like only A^T got what they wanted every time he opened his mouth. This is more of the same that he delivered. I shared my opinion and that means in no way at all that it is the definitive answer for the shard as I am not staff, nor do I sway their decisions in pretty much any matter. I will however share my opinion, argue for the sake of preference and pay close attention to feedback from people who don't just throw their hands in the air and shed big sloppy tears any time I do so.
  9. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Active Member

I was under the impresssion this server was aiming for the specific era for which it's named, minus glaring bugs and exploits. I'm more than happy to point out the things that existed then in hopes to establish the shard accuracy is all.

googled around Stratics and one thing I left out which I bet would make hemmeroids flair is the paralyze wands and gnarled staffs.
    Jack of Shadows likes this.
  10. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Yeah, magic gnarled staves allowing only mace fighters to cast spells with a weapon in hand, are significantly more OP than wands are already.

We have stun punches and paralyzing blows, no real need to add paralyze spell items in as well.

The goal of the shard is History Perfected, not era accuracy. While the desire to look and feel like Renaissance era is there, the desire to have things left in the game that imbalance interactions, is not.

I'm sure if anyone can make a really profound case for why any of the aforementioned things should actually be implemented other than "they were fun", it would probably be considered. :)
  11. Amph

Amph Active Member

Why is it that every time I read a post, Blaise argues. About everything. You should meet this guy Kexle that plays here. he's just as argumentative as you, but twice as defensive.
    boothby likes this.
  12. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I like having conversations. My bad if I don't jump on everyone's ideas like they're the greatest thing since sliced bread. Even my own ideas, I question and debate internally to a great degree.

Why is it so many people complain about debate, discussion or conversation.....on a forum designed for exactly such a thing?
  13. Jack of Shadows

your delivery needs work (lots of work, you would make Jesus kick a toddler)
    boothby likes this.
  14. Amph

Amph Active Member

15. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Urza likes this.
  16. Locke

Locke New Member

Magical Jewels and clothing offered non-magery chars a slight boost in defencive capabilities. Iirc the magic reflect still had a "recast" delay similar to the spell.
  17. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

If there were heavier restrictions and re-use delays I could see them not getting out of hand, maybe.
  18. Locke

Locke New Member

The only real problem I can for see being abused would be teleport jewelry. A thief on the run could easily teleport to hiding ranges to break LoS.
  19. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  20. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

I can see how it interferes with l33tvp, but at risk of illiciting the most colorful decent from Blaise, I must say magic trinkets belong in a fantasy world!

When I first discovered they did not exist here I was quite dismayed.

Perhaps they could be implemented in later patches where they are only affective in certain regions or are restricted in certain regions. If you don't like pvp with them avoid those areas?

I can see teleport and invis and reflect being particularly troublesome in faction warfare - as a thief could nab a sigil and literally evaporate. So if we disabled it for factions?

Also what about introducing debuff items that would negate magic jewelry induced states in the area? (Oh yeah? We'll I brought my dinosaur who eats force field dogs!)

I think there are a lot of ways we could bring these crucial relics back! Imagine what it'd do for the economy!