Suggestion- Stat Loss Gump

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Faermar, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Faermar

Faermar New Member

I would like to suggest a gump that appears when you hit 5 short term counts saying something like "WARNING: You are now in stat loss, upon ressurrection you will lose Xamount of your skills and stats."

and perhaps one on the actual ressurrection window saying, "Are you sure you wish to ressurrect here? YOU ARE IN STAT LOSS, STOP THE MADNESS" Or something along those lines.

Was pking on my bard yesterday and went farming today with about 9 counts, completely unaware that there was a statloss mechanic on this server, so I'm out there farming with my buddy and the EG"'s decide to be total BA's and explo flamestrike combo me together! (WHO DOES THAT!!?!) Course I drop instantly and call my buddy over to ressurrect me, he ressed me and I died a little inside.

Please increase stat loss awareness on this server, also save the children and the squirrels.
  2. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I wouldn't mind seeing something like this put into place. I don't see how it would hurt anything.
  3. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member

I think keeping track of your short terms is a very small requirement for someone who kills 5+ players. Sucks when you mess up but I have never believed that PKing should be maed any easier than it already is. Unless there's also a system message for pvmers that says 'PK incoming in 5 seconds', I don't think PKs should get flashing neon warning signs about stat loss.
  4. Godric Greycliff

Godric Greycliff Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

HC's right, it wouldn't hurt anything but how big a deal is it anyway? That's a mistake you'll only make once, if that. Is it really worth Telamon and EZ's time when there are so many other things to be done?

And that wouldn't make life easier for PKs. It's easy enough to say, "I must consider my sins." There are plenty of people that mean to rez in stat loss that the gump would just annoy. Nice joke, Zagyg, but the 'PK incoming in 5 seconds' message should come in the patch with the 'Are you sure you wish to provoke this creature?' gump.
  5. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member

That's just it Godric - all they have to do is say 'i must consider my sins' and they'll know how many counts they have and whether or not they want to res in stat. So what Faermar is suggesting is that a PK who either can't remember or can't be bothered to do that basic bit be given a big in-your-face unignorable warning about it both when they enter stat loss and upon a resurrection attempt. That's definitely making it easier. I was being sarcastic with the 'PK incoming' comment, but I'm completely serious about this.
  6. Godric Greycliff

Godric Greycliff Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know what you mean, Zagyg. I just see it as less a help to PKs and more of a new player education sort of change. Like in this case, Faermar just didn't know. Either way, I don't think it warrants too much attention.
  7. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

If you want to kill innocents, these are the consequences.

This idea seems like a trammelling of PKing.
  8. Aegis

Aegis Member

from my time on osi, before/after killing blues, u'd always say "I must consider my sins" to know where u stand.
    doesn't seem like too much to do to me!