The Complete Virtue War

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Baerron Jael, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Baerron Jael

Baerron Jael Well-Known Member

It was not I who coined the title "the Virtue War", but the meddlesome god in green, the one with the affinity for chickens. He felt it was an appropriate name for this era of time in which turmoil, conflict, and strife prevailed across the land (more so than usual), where the very virtues themselves were, literally, under attack.

What started out as a quest to find a box containing a specific body part gradually turned into a shard-involved storyline spanning months. It was not the intention to start a big story arc involving probably over a hundred people all said and done. The intention was just to have a proper foil for the virtue-inclined citizens of the world. A real bad guy doing bad guy things, not just another "red" who kills you and takes your gold without saying anything. The end result was amazing. So many people came together to participate on many levels throughout these events and quests. A huge shout-out to Jupiter primarily for the overall initiative he always takes and great sportsmanship (I did send you back all of your canes and even gifted you my chessboard that I went undefeated on!) - also a big thank you to the likes of Lord Krake and Antos and everyone else who led or helped bring these events to fruition.

With Baerron Jael soundly defeated at the Battle of Spirituality Shrine (fitting, seeing as this is when Jupiter rejoined us), I have to retire perhaps one of my favorite characters, gory eye-clawing and all. An astute move by the Bloodrock Orc clan for taking the remnants of Baerron Jael - a body possessed by such a strong and unique daemon for so long, one who had physically channeled a portion of the power of the Skull of Mondain no doubt contains great potential power of its own. The Lightbringers dropped the ball on this one!

I went through the Salty Dog Tavern, as well as some of the Player Event forum posts, and compiled a chronological (I hope) list of stories that have sprung forth from the depths of the creative talent of this shard. This is the complete record of the Virtue War:

The Beginning:
    Daemonium Habentem
    A Thief, a Bandit, a Horde of Undead, a Typical Paws Caravan
    Rise of the Death Knight
    Death at the Caravan
    A Game of Pawns
    Down by the River - The Revenant's Tale
    Light the Way - A Paws Adventure
    The Escalation:
    Britain Herald - March of the Light Brigade
    Foolish Interlopers
    With Stained Hands
    Breaking the First Seal
    The Virtue War:

The Battle of Honor Shrine
    Smells of Autumn
    Memories of the Abyss
    Seeking Answers, Gaining Questions
    Breaking the Second Seal
    The Tavern, The Lich, and Some Torture
    The Battle of Honesty Shrine
    Looking for an Answer
    Breaking the Third Seal
    The Battle of Compassion Shrine
    Battle for the Compassion Shrine (From an Orc Viewpoint)
    Breaking the Fourth Seal
    The Corruption of Justice
    The Battle of Justice Shrine
    Battle for the Justice Shrine (Orcish Viewpoint)
    Battle of Justice Shrine (Virtuous Viewpoint)
    A Warning to All Who Trespass These Waters
    Breaking the Fifth, Sixth, and Seventh Seals
    A Dark Portent - Humility Shrine
    The Battle of Humility Shrine
    The Battle of Valor Shrine
    The Skull of Mondain
    Cleansing the Sacrifice Shrine
    Breaking the Final Seal
    A Spiritual Preparation - Village of Paws
    March of Light - Village of Paws and UOR
    Orc Tales: The Fall of Baerron Jael
    The Battle of Spirituality - The Final Shrine
    The Final Battle
    The Vesper Museum - You can see artifacts from the battles and read the historical articles written about them here.

A fond farewell to both Lord Soth and Elyvrya the Pale, both of whom left UO during these times but will not be forgotten (at least by me).

Again, thank you to everyone who participated, who led, who fought, who died, who bled. Thank you to everyone whose items I took, and to whom took mine. Thank you to those who answered the call of the Virtues, and to those who rose up in opposition.

Just... Thank you.

AlexCCCP, eherruh, Antos and 14 others like this.
  2. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Although I was not able to partake in any of these adventures, it leaves no question in my mind that this kind of interaction would not have been possible without the amazing talent this shard has. Since it started this storyline has been captivating an immaculately maintained. I doubt this would have been possible in any other freeshard.

I hope these kind of adventures live long in UOR!!

Congratulations to all involved! Truly an event to be proud of.
    Antos, Jupiter, Vishakt and 3 others like this.
  3. Muguk

Muguk Active Member

Even though Muguk had a mere minuscule role in the grand scheme of things, I am truelly honored to be considered worthy enough to have a bust placed in the museum from perhaps the most immersive story arc I've ever seen out of all my years in UO. To the Forces of Light, Well Done on a very difficult campaign as your victory was not without severe cost. As for my side to the Pirates, Brigands, Undead, and fellow Orcs, we did our best but in the end we were just extremly outnumbered BUT those of us that survived will be still lurking about until our time comes again. A big shout out to Vishakt who seized the opportunity to recover the body of the dark one for future use, And a great big Thank You to Baerron Jael who without him none of this would have been possible *places fist on chest and bows*
    eherruh, Antos, Baerron Jael and 4 others like this.
  4. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

the village of Paws' oral historian thanks you.

you have no idea how much he (me) was dreading trying to compile all the stories!
    Pirul, Antos and Baerron Jael like this.
  5. Antos

Antos Well-Known Member

As a newcomer, I am grateful for the role I was allowed to play in this campaign. I can think of no greater welcome than this. Thank you!
    Zyler, Jaana, Alex Caember and 2 others like this.
  6. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

upload_2020-8-30_15-23-2.png

Attached Files:

Ragar, RavenMagi, The Watch and 4 others like this.
  7. Xavant_BR

Xavant_BR Well-Known Member

Loved the composition.. congrats
    Zyler, Ubo and Pedigar like this.
  8. Tuneful

Tuneful Well-Known Member

Great job
    So much effort put in!
    Zyler likes this.