Viable Provoker Build?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Azaazel, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Azaazel

Azaazel Member

I usually run a Mage Provoker with Hiding. On this one I decided to GM Archery and added Provo a few days ago. Below is what I'm thinking of running, I just don't know if I should stick with it. Alternatives I've been thinking is to gm mage and med and drop resist, or just use recall scrolls and drop mage and med completely and go heal and hiding and keep resist. I'm already at 60 resist so I wanted to keep it and from multiple tests I ran on the test server there didn't seem to be a huge difference from 50-gm resist on this server any way (outside of Explosion damage). I'd appreciate any insight I could get. The Magery to 70 will take no time so I'm not concerned about that, I just don't want to waste the regs if others think it would not be a good build.

Currently:
    GM Archery
    GM Tact
    GM Anat
    GM Music
    GM Provo
    53 Magery
    70 Med
    60 Resist
  2. Huzke

Huzke Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

It will work just fine and is likely a pretty fun niche style build.
    Azaazel likes this.
  3. Azaazel

Azaazel Member

I'm currently running 90/95/40. I'm thinking of giving myself 100/80/45 what are your thoughts?
  4. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I would drop the resist in favor of more magery. No fizzles and access to things like EVs and Blade Spirits.

As to stats, that looks fine to me. (unless you do decide to go more magery - level 8 spells cost 50 mana)
  5. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

Awesome build and I agree with Basoosh, GM magery and more INT. You don't really need resist, for the extremely rare time it might save your life, having better med and magery is much more useful all the time.
  6. Huzke

Huzke Active Member

I don't really feel like GM magery is necessary, if your an archer you probably won't use EV a whole lot because you'll provide your own dps. Blade spirit is somewhat a necessity but 70 magery is fine for those.

Try out your ideas and decide if you need more magery and can live with no resists from there. It'll be easy to switch.
  7. Azaazel

Azaazel Member

Yep, I am going to try it out and see how it goes. I appreciate all the responses, thanks for the help.
    Huzke likes this.