What is it worth?

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by LanDarr, Jul 2, 2020.

1. LanDarr

LanDarr Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

So lots of old rares hitting the market and lots of opinions on what they are worth.... here is my guide

1. Find ANY historical sales you can. This is for referential purposes only. Unless its a commonly traded item, prior sales only give you a feeling. Look at what other rares are selling for and ask yourself honestly, is the rare I am selling or getting a price on, more or less desirable?
    2. With any valuation there are several prices involved
      1. BID - What someone initially can/wants to pay
      2. ASK - Asking price of the Seller
      3. Sales Price - usually a number between the first two
    3. There are ALWAYS folks with an opinion on what something is worth. These folks fall into a couple categories
      1. Lowballers - they may or may not have the actual funds to purchase the item, but they lowball 1000 times, they sometimes get a bite
      2. Highballers - They throw out a rediculous amount as a value, they have NO intention of buying it for that. But if they had the item, that's what they might sell it for or feel its worth - see ASK. There are also those who toss you a high value hoping you ask that much, get no action, get desperate, then accept their lowball offer
      3. Opinionated &#$(&'s - Their only goal is to throw shade, cause drama, but they love to hear themselves talk.
      4. Those actually trying to help.

• I have offered less than what an item is worth, but never saying its only worth that amount, but rather, This is what I would pay for it now. I have come back and offered more as my financial liquidity changes.
    • I have paid too much for items and that's fine too. Its only gold and that is an ever renewing resource.
    • I have sold things cheaper than what I felt the value was and sold stuff for more than what I felt the value was. Your mileage may vary
    • I always hesitate to give valuations to others, and when I do, I caveat it with This is what I would pay, right now , or if I had the gold.

BOTTOM LINE: An item is worth ONLY what someone is willing to pay & the seller is willing to accept*, the rest is noise

Follow Up: Just because is sold for one price before is NO Guarantee that it will fetch the same price again, could be more, could be less

* @Garavar edit
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    FrostDragon, Lord Sky, Zandak and 9 others like this.
  2. Holden

Holden Well-Known Member

The forum search feature is mostly broken, as threads older than a certain date won't show up.

Use Google. " Site:uorforum.com (your search term) "
    Dash, Virteego, HateCrime and 7 others like this.
  3. Vandalin

Vandalin Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Thanks, this has been driving me crazy.
    LanDarr and Holden like this.
  4. Garavar

Garavar Well-Known Member

Well said, I would also add the item is also worth what the seller is willing to sell it for. If you want to offer them less and they reject don't get upset.
    JCap5000, NCCML and LanDarr like this.
  5. FisuUO:R

FisuUO:R Well-Known Member

For old threads search I´d rather hit Google with " (topic im interested) uo renaissance forum" - Those terms always bring up post from any date. I found forum search sometimes won´t find all that I can find via google.
  6. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Well-Known Member

Make sure to charge extra 7% if @LanDarr is purchasing.
    JCap5000, shad and LanDarr like this.
  7. NCCML

NCCML Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

To sellers: dont just accept the first offer you get. Especially since a lot of peeps will toss out lowball numbers. If in doubt, auction that thing publicly. Use a SB you would be comfortable with accepting, and let the community decide what they are willing to pay. Dont just accept the offer you get in PM.
    eherruh, Joshius, HateCrime and 4 others like this.
  8. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Just a note for anyone starting these searches... you will end up like this a lot
    [​IMG]

Seems like a lot of items that are more rare will often go private sale or (even worse) will have been edited to remove values. Of course there are valid reasons for this; obfuscates for later and keeps peoples pixels hoards more unknown but does make it hard to pin down good starting points for anyone wanting to get an item out there.

Safest bet as mentioned, public auction with a 24/48 timer will give plenty of time to anyone interested to get involved.
    Virteego likes this.
  9. LanDarr

LanDarr Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

All good info and input..
  10. Krothu

Krothu Well-Known Member

I have these logs, and tried to find further info on them (without luck) like how many in the shard, and what are they worth. Any further information is appreciated. Thanks.

Attached Files:

11. Codus

Codus Well-Known Member

http://www.uorenaissance.com/itemdetails/RareLogsStacked2/1BE2/1

Looks like 4 active and 1 in the bank of a long forgotten inactive account. Congrat's! Won't be any reliable pricing info on them, but if you're trying to sell, make an auction and see what happens. As they are world birth rare, 1 of 4, they should go for a few million easy.
  12. Krothu

Krothu Well-Known Member

Cool thanks for the info.
  13. Torallius

Torallius Member

I sold one last year for 3m.
  14. ktroj

ktroj New Member

Just wondering what the value of these two items are, if at all. I also have two green leprechaun attack ('14-'15), tan cupid attack (14), and tan the angry seas part 1 ('15)

valuable.png

Any help with this is greatly appreciated!
  15. Freakzilla

Freakzilla Active Member

Rare Bola Ball.

Bola.png
  16. Mr. Green

Mr. Green Well-Known Member

@ktroj @Freakzilla FYI this isn’t really a price check thread. Your posts may go unanswered. I’d help but I don’t know the value of your items either.
  17. MaserWex

MaserWex Member

Anyone know what this deer mask is worth?
    upload_2022-4-30_1-17-7.png
  18. StarTrakZack

StarTrakZack Well-Known Member

Those dyes have become way more common lately, as cheap as 200k, I sold one for 400k a few months ago and have seen masks for 200-600k in recent months.