Where is my Golem Buddy?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Halabinder, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Halabinder

Halabinder Well-Known Member

Hi,

I want is to ask if anyone knows where my Golem Buddy who used to hang out at the mines North of Brit has disappeared to? I miss him. There is an itch somewhere inside my brain I used to be able to scratch by beating on my Golem friend with an axe until he broke up into pretty colored Ore. I actually can't even smelt the Ore let alone make anything with it. That's not the point. It's bloody colored Ore and I want and... Sorry I'm getting carried away...

The Golem dude has been missing for over a week. The itch hasn't stopped. I assumed someone had lured him away so they could mine in peace. But no one has been mining there and I have ran around all over the place. I made a miner in desperation. I got him leveled to seventy-something from 50 and I got 6 Dull Copper Ore in the process. Not even Copper. It's Dull Copper. And do you know how long it took? That's too bad, because I don't either... But it was long. And at the end of the journey the Itch was still there.

Itch in the brain, OCD, or any other three or four letter acronym you want to blame it on is all just semantics, so lets just not go there. Lets deal with the root causes of the problem. The real issue is: that Golem has a Job to do! His job is to drop random pretty colored ores I can't do anything with! So ya, lets restore balance to the universe and all sorts of other nice things by killing the Golem where ever he is and allowing him to re-spawn again!

This game was supposed to be free. If I have to see a psychiatrist to play it I'm quitting!
  2. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

I cannot decide how best to reply to your quandary of solace.

But I think you will find that your Golem friend only comes out when somebody agitates his specifically adjusted sleep number quartz. It provides him optimal rest from a gruelling day of acting as a stalagmite. Ever since the last patch, miners have been granted the ability to extract the ore around his bed causing him to wake in a very sour mood.

In other words the Golem only comes out when miners have recently mined. Most miners just flee when he comes out. So your options are to make a miner to mine for you or ask another miner to come mine it.
  3. Halabinder

Ok. You have an impressive looking signature so I will believe you. I don't have an impressive looking signature so I don't expect you to believe me, but up until last week there was a Golem in there every time I checked and it re-spawned shortly after I killed it. But I'll drag my Seventy-something Miner over there and get him to dig some stuff up and see what happens. I'll probably wake up a Dull Copper Golem knowing my luck.

Thank you for the response.

PS: Is there an actual chess league? And do chess boards actually work? I remember them not working on the Official Servers back in the day.
  4. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

My fencer Helikaon impaled him with a war fork, for training purposes. And then I smelt his ruin upon the forges of mount doom. what was left over is now in a chest. You could say I recycle...
  5. Halabinder

Sorry Ragnarok but you have no credibility since you don't have a signature...
  6. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Active Member

But, that's discrimination.
    Halabinder likes this.
  7. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

He was on a short vacation in someone's house. He has returned to haunt the mines once more.
    Ragnarok likes this.
  8. Halabinder

Thanks Chris, I had a feeling he was offered better accommodations than a cave for a while and he just couldn't refuse. I paid him a visit. I was happy to hear that he missed me too. And the itch is temporarily gone.

You called me out on being a racist Rag. I'm racist against people on forums without signatures. I can't help it. I was brought up like that. I'm not going to therapy for that either. Where I was raised it's perfectly normal.
  9. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Active Member

Speaking of signatures, did you know the actor that said the line in your sig improvised it?
  10. Halabinder

I had read long ago that 3 fingered bottle clanking was improvised. Didn't know the line was also improvised. But I'd believe it.
    Blaise likes this.
  11. pctomm

pctomm New Member

Halabinder

Are you coming to pick me up?