Wild dragons make other dragons wild?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by von Stuben, Nov 17, 2019.

1. von Stuben

von Stuben Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Anyone ever have multiple dragons go wild simultaneously? Across multiple tamers?

Here is my scenario:
    1. Tamer 1 (bot @ 96 something taming) spamming all kill with two fresh dragons (i knew this was a bad idea, but what the heck).
    2. Tamer 2 (Primary tamer @ 100), taking aggro and vetting with two fully trained dragons (one bonded one not).
    3. While Tamer 1 was spamming all kill, Tamer 2 was not giving any commands
    4. I noticed Tamer 1 dragons stooped responding; before i could switch clients, they both went wild. (no big deal, ill gate out rez and retame - WRONG).
    5. Immediately after punching my gate macro on Tamer 2. His unbonded dragon goes wild (about 1-2 seconds after the first two did) and eats Tamer 2.
    Tamer 2 had two wonderfully happy fresh from the stables dragons, had given ~3 total commands

Anyone ever have this happen to them?
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  2. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Your pets loyalty is a simple 100 point system. For each command ignored or not followed 1 point of loyalty is lost. Using "all guard me" command can reverse this by restoring 1 point of loyalty each time the command is accepted.

Spamming all kill 200 times and having it ignored 50% of the time will result in the tame going wild. Tames also lose loyalty over time but it doesn't sound like time was the issue for you.
  3. von Stuben

von Stuben Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Sorry - i am not being clear in my description of my question.

I am not concerned about Tamer 1 - just as Keza described above, this was a straight forward risk. I gambled and came up short.

My question is about Tamer 2 - why did his dragon go wild? It was wonderfully happy and had been stabled until ~10 minutes ago. It had received maybe 3 total commands (all of which were obeyed), and it went wild immediately after the two owned by Tamer 1 did.
  4. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

That second tamer is a puzzle, upon stabling a pet its loyalty is restored to 100 no matter how long it was stabled for. If you pulled it out of the stable 10 minutes prior to it going wide then im not sure.

Only explination is that the tamer 2 dragon was friended to tamer 1 who had been spamming all kill. This would cause the unbonded dragons to go wild around the same time as the other 2.
    Lightshade, RavenMagi and eherruh like this.