Zookeeper Quest Explained

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Keza, May 24, 2017.

1. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Did a quick guide video to help players understand how the Zookeeper Quest works from start to finish. Note that this focuses mostly on the function of the scroll and how you gain bonding slots from it. Not a guide on how to find the animals or fight through the event.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
    nilmer, JackLove, Zyler and 11 others like this.
  2. Icewalker

Icewalker Active Member

3. Azerothian

Azerothian Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Does anyone know of a guide to hunting for zookeeper animals? Failing that, can anyone tell me the easiest ones to hunt that might be saleable? As in easy for me, someone with MS and cPTSD.
    Icewalker likes this.
  4. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

Do what I do. Mark a rune book with all the spots. And just run all the areas tame what you find and leave
    Azerothian likes this.
  5. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

@Azerothian I did not include rare tames locations/hunting for two reasons:
    1. Obviously going over the info for 23 tames would more then double the video length, not my goal.
    2. Many players including myself have cornered areas of the rare tames market. We spent days of trial and error researching the best locations to find these rare tames. While I am all for sharing, I do believe some knowledge needs to be earned.
    Kalvasflam and Azerothian like this.
  6. Azerothian

That's it. I am rerolling my tamer. I was already fed up with how hard it is to keep having to retame pets after they die and I am in no way able to go to the more dangerous taming locations e.g. mares, WWs or even dragons tbh.
    Last edited: May 29, 2017
  7. Dr Satan

Dr Satan Well-Known Member

No need to throw it away...

If there was a video guide to the public on zoo pet rounds ya make that would he the same as if I took a video of all the spots one may cycle through to farm monsters.

It would show anyone how and where to find ya, what possible work to snipe, and also just will make for others to want to head to same spots and use same areas which will bring in predators and prey.

Key to zookeepers is carving out your own spots perhaps, or running through popular ones and hope to pull one that was missed, some spots have to be done in a single area so those wouldn't matter perhaps, as only one place in entire server to find albino wyrm for example.

A tell all guide for some things like zookeeper isn't the same as say one for tailor bods.

If you want to know the methods, what's required, what to look for, time commitments any of that info on how to get started and some examples on how to spawn em and taming methods let me know.
    Azerothian and Keza like this.
  8. Azerothian

Thanks @Dr Satan. I still think my tamer is more work than he is worth though. I will see how I feel later.

Also, I did not need a video guide for all spots. I just needed some pointers for where to start like you and @scuba have given me here and @Vortex gave me on irc (and many other people have offered me in PM here and on IRC - thank you all!).

I will admit to finding @Keza's response here pretty hurtful, though. I was not looking for a free ride. Just some pointers of where to start. I did ask if there was already a guide, though, in case I just had not found it. To make sure I was not asking an already answered question.

(redacted) I know I am not a new player per se (redacted). I know that the MS memory loss makes me more like a new player every day and I do try to help others on IRC (redacted) and I hate having the MonSter (MS) eating away at my brain and memory but what can I do? ;-p

Ah well. Perhaps I have found one more thing (hunting to tame zookeeper pets) that I am not up to in UOR. Back to crafting a huge order of full spellbooks and buying regs. Perhaps one day I will make my first mil g that way. I am not holding my breath! LOL
    Lord Krake likes this.
  9. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Not pay for the knowledge @Azerothian , Dr Satan's response was pretty good for why the knowledge of these locations are not freely shared.
    Think of gold mining as an analogy. Those who have been doing it for a while clearly know the best spots and "how to mine them". Ill admit, not sharing that info is on the greedy side but if gold wasn't rare, it wouldn't have value :)
  10. Vandalin

Vandalin Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

11. Azerothian

12. Azerothian

I was not implying that you should have. I asked two other totally different questions and I love your videos as always.
  13. Azerothian

I already have the locations in two runebooks. That was not what I was asking about.

Anyway, apologise if my English is so easily misinterpreted - it happens to me a lot and I am told it is likely due to the Asperger's. Hence why I list that, the MS and cPTSD in my sig.

No, really, I apologise. I was hurt and may have lashed out in response to your words (that I found hurtful) which I would not have done had I been more with-it and which I regret.
  14. Hollywood

Hollywood Well-Known Member

Azerothian likes this.
  15. Kalvasflam

Kalvasflam Active Member

Thx for alle the videos, Keza! I enjoyed watching most of them (havn't seem them all yet)!

I you ever make a video of the actual fight through the event, please give me a hint! I would very much like to see it!
    Azerothian likes this.
  16. Azerothian

@Duke Cannon, thanks for the link! Yes I have seen that one - someone PMed me it.
  17. Goose

Goose Member

Sorry to bring up an old post but couple questions

This still pretty how much it works?

It looked like you filled names in after you completed the quest (correct me if I am wrong) for the other 10 ppl to get their slots. Does that how it usually works still?

regards,
  18. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Still works that way in the new Zookeeper Quest location.