️ Forge of Virtue Land Rush ️

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Samorite, May 17, 2020.

1. SativaGreen

SativaGreen Well-Known Member

I would only ask what problem adding more houses would solve?
    AOٌ, MikeK, Xavant_BR and 1 other person like this.
  2. Markos

Markos Well-Known Member

As a retired player my input may not be worth much, but I would like to weigh in here. With all due respect to Samorite’s request to keep this post headed in a particular direction, this topic is simply too much of a game-changer to ignore the real problem. The idea of creating new space, clearing existing space, moving guard boundaries, etc. to accommodate additional housing is treating a symptom of the problem, not the problem itself. The real problem here is 5 houses per account. If this limit is lowered, we would not be having this conversation (assuming the 3 account limit is enforced). If the house per account limit was lowered and we encounter this problem in the future, that would be a great thing because that means there would be a ton more people playing on the shard. At that time some of these options may be worth discussing to accommodate newer player housing needs. The implementation of a reduced house limit per account is such an easy fix that would have a HUGE positive effect on the community. I’m really not sure how shard leadership does not clearly see this. Hopefully this post doesn’t create that much of a fiasco. Have a good one!
    Juliette, BlackEye, Sayer and 8 others like this.
  3. Hollywood

Hollywood Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Definitely not against a land rush, but short answer is that this would be a short term fix without changes to house per account limitations.
    Pedigar likes this.
  4. Pedigar

Pedigar Well-Known Member

Condemned status plus housing limitations must be done first if this is going to work
    Holden, Kiryana, Miami and 1 other person like this.
  5. Nusir

Nusir Well-Known Member

Is everyone forgetting that half the houses are refreshed by a friend and not the owner?!
    Holden, Miami, Winter and 4 others like this.
  6. Hollywood

Agreed. 15 houses per IP was prob a good move at the beginning to give the illusion of a large population to players coming from other servers with existing limitations, but now it's more discouraging than anything.
    Last edited: May 18, 2020
    MikeK, Earsnot and Nusir like this.
  7. Markos

Markos Well-Known Member

If someone threatening legal action is what would actually prevent the house per account limit from being removed, then ignore my previous post. The stupidity is beyond comprehension and all hope is lost.
  8. Earsnot

Earsnot Well-Known Member

I think that was more what allegedly put the kibosh on the vesper guardline landrush and not anything to do with homes per account limits.

That was the last time (3 years ago) that this was discussed by Chris.

But it serves to highlight the stupidity Chris has to deal with and why we can’t have nice things.
    Kiryana likes this.
  9. Blendax

Blendax Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I'm definitely not against the land rush idea, since I've never experienced one. However, like many other people have said, that won't solve the problem. Instead, it'll probably be worse. You'll have people plopping down Castle / Fortresses as blockers... depending on land size, of course.

Also, @Keza , you can't titilate us like that! :) How can we celebrate the lands opening, when we've had very little information about the lands? I want details! :D
  10. Samorite

Samorite Renaissance Game Master
    Renaissance Staff

The areas haven't been finalized as of yet, I may do a post asking for suggestions? O hang on this is that post but it has flown off in so many tangents :rolleyes:
    AOٌ, Earsnot, LanDarr and 1 other person like this.
  11. Markos

Markos Well-Known Member

So sad to see shard leadership avoiding the real issues at hand. I hope there’s a valid reason (other than massive butt-hurt for house hoarders) for not wanting to implement a real solution for the obvious problem. On-going issues like this are what keep the shard from progressing and bringing in new, long-term players. Throwing band-aids on things for short-term solutions just make things worse in the long run.
    One, BlackEye, Sayer and 3 others like this.
  12. AOٌ

AOٌ Well-Known Member

As I see it, the new zone shouldn't allow massive house types, anything large tower and bigger is just going to end up being taken by small house blockers and argued over who spends millions to buy enough of the smalls for a massive house. That and the amount of space they take can reduce overall number of houses on the new zone, end up with the same handful of rich players with another handful of otherwise unobtainable estate. I don't honestly like the idea of new land or such changes, its not UOR as I know it but I am also not exactly an elder of the server so my opinions aren't backed by experience and desire for change concerning housing.
    Seems strange this would be the focus when CuB promises have been made for years and put on the back burner for an idea like this which can make the housing market worse.
    Let alone that the fueding guilds will just smash anyone who is otherwise incapable of triple boxing tamers in a massive group to control a zone for placing houses lol. Then comes the issue of the same idoc teams being the only ones profiting from any fallen house on the server worth more than 1k gp.

I would like to see current promises being fulfilled before adding new ones to the list of which are guaranteed to result in more requests for change or adjustment of how it works. Seems like adding trouble to an already troubled list..
  13. SteelyDan

SteelyDan Well-Known Member

With t2a housing rules I don't see a problem and I can easily place a villa size house, possibly a 16x16. I also see countless larger homes for sale on the forums for close to deed price.
  14. Samorite

Samorite Renaissance Game Master
    Renaissance Staff

? there are lots of threads around houses vs accounts and this is not one of them. let keep it on topic (again)
  15. MikeK

MikeK Well-Known Member

I don't think it's going to remain on topic. This topic involves housing, and housing involves houses per account, and round and round we go.
    Pedigar and AOٌ like this.
  16. LanDarr

LanDarr Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

On topic answer... NO WHERE
    BlackEye likes this.
  17. Fenrir

Fenrir Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Say the word and I will start deleting and warning posters... :)
  18. TreeHugger

TreeHugger Well-Known Member

Yep. Don’t do it. No land rush.
    BlackEye likes this.
  19. Hollywood

Back to where we were for the past several years with housing... square one. We're use to it by now.
    Miami, Earsnot and Pedigar like this.
  20. SativaGreen

SativaGreen Well-Known Member

What is the topic? Where to put the next land rush? Simple answer: nowhere.

We'll never see a land rush supported by the active playerbase until existing issues are addressed. More land = more unused houses.
    BlackEye, Kiryana, AOٌ and 2 others like this.