️ Forge of Virtue Land Rush ️

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Samorite, May 17, 2020.

1. FartBarf

FartBarf Active Member

How is this helpful?
    Miami likes this.
  2. Fenrir

Fenrir Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Its called humor, try it sometime...
    Samorite likes this.
  3. Winter

Winter Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

My on topic answer: No land rush. Nowhere, as others have stated.
    BlackEye, Jill Stihl and AOٌ like this.
  4. FartBarf

FartBarf Active Member

I apologize, Fenrir. I'm in a humorless place right now with RL stuff and let it bleed over into this. It's easy to get sucked into negativity.
  5. Samorite

Samorite Renaissance Game Master
    Renaissance Staff

So gleaming through the posts it looks like:

Cave dwellings
    T2a
    Vespa

that's it?
  6. Winter

Winter Well-Known Member

Aside from the other housing topics, on the land rush topic everyone also chose a 4th option: None.
  7. FartBarf

FartBarf Active Member

What about expanding the cities? Pre-built housing that's available in-town and symmetrical with the existing designs and layouts. They don't necessarily need to be guarded areas, but I think it would be neat to have a small house down the street from the East Brit fountain.
  8. OptimisticSam

OptimisticSam Well-Known Member

@Samorite - first, thank you for posting the question, and thank you for engaging the community in this. I think we are all super excited about a potential for new land.

In thinking about it, I'm not sure there is any solution in which - in the medium-to-long term - the new houses don't end up in the hands of the rich vets. Even with a reduced number of houses per account. And perhaps that is okay - after all, the real world is like that too.

That being said, it isn't clear to me that the Sosaria is in need of more land mass for housing. I could go place 10 small houses today if I wanted. Clearly, there is a need for larger plots to be available, but the number you'd have to make available in FoV to solve any "housing issues" would, I think, be more complicated than introducing condemned status in Fel. Certainly it would be less interesting - green acre after green acre of Forts isn't really that interesting an addition to the land.

Creating enough large spots to satisfy everyone will massively dilute the experience of the news lands, in my opinion. So, in the end - I would vote for the having ~40-60 small plots available in the new lands. But no spots bigger than a SST.
    Chafe, Samorite and AOٌ like this.
  9. Andrakus

Andrakus Well-Known Member

There definitely is some confusion here... @Samorite Is the point of this post to say that there will be new land with the the Forge of Virtue patch/expansion happening and how could we best open it up for housing placements?
    AOٌ likes this.
  10. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

His first post was saying this was gauging interest. Suspect that this is all just gathering feedback to discuss it as a possibility.
    Samorite likes this.
  11. Samorite

Samorite Renaissance Game Master
    Renaissance Staff

Hallelujah!!!
  12. Steady Mobbin

Steady Mobbin Well-Known Member

No new lands.

Stop letting dorks who dont play here refresh so that us dorks who do play here can use the land.

Stop letting dorks who play here refresh 50-100 houses they no longer own and are friended to so that dorks who play here can use these lands.

Once again, no new lands. I can't even fathom why thats even an option.

ETA - To do my part, I will sell off 10-12 of the 15 houses I have. (As soon as this Lulz dude sells his crap/stops holding the server hostage with his estate sale)
    Juliette, Shipwreck, eherruh and 7 others like this.
  13. Andrakus

@Samorite Great! Just wanted to make sure i understand whats being asked.

I dont know too much about the planned expansion but I think it's a cool idea. I'd love to see some unique looking properties-- maybe if not in layout just in aesthetics ( nothing crazy or out of era but just unique in color or walls or whatever. ex) stone instead of marble patio) and have them strictly available in that new area. To prevent the land rush from being ruined by blockers and large properties i think its best to keep the new place to just small/medium sized homes. No towers/keeps/forts/castles is the best idea i think. It'll keep it mainly blocker free and it will avoid devaluing existing keeps./forts/castles.

Additional thoughts:

Make the location recall-able from anywhere in except T2A. It will keep the properties more usable in my opinion.

Probably unpopular but to really spice things up make the idoc timer on these half the time of a regular house. So these decay in 7 rather than 14. More idocs and more availability for active players.

To maybe pacify some of the issues people have already brought up make it 1 house at new location per account.

I'm sure some of those would be a coding mess for Chris or whomever.
  14. Andrakus

Here is a crazy idea-- make it so the properties are only towers/keeps/castle/forts but they're not awarded to single players but only to active guilds. Guilds must have 5+ unique players ( not toons ) with a certain amount of recent activity. Thus we can spread it around and making it obtainable even for newer guilds/players. Then have a requirement of at least 1 active guild war needed to qualify.

More guild wars FTW
    Vincent Blackshadow likes this.
  15. Steady Mobbin

Steady Mobbin Well-Known Member

Just curious to the rational behind more lands? Make an attempt to persuade me cause I can’t think of another reason other than to deflect the real problem(s) and allow every person who’s ever visited this place to have 15 houses.
    Earsnot likes this.
  16. Andrakus

I think its more about the expansion/patch that Chris and the crew have been working on. They're trying to decide whether houses should be included in it or not.

Personally, i dont see how anything new can hurt the shard. Many a people have complained for a long time about the lack of new content and have left because of it. I wouldn't get caught up on the 15 houses thing right now
    Last edited: May 18, 2020
  17. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

• Volcano event(s) with land rising from the sea (an atoll) OR land growth of existing land masses such as fire island - think of how Hawaii grows; it is somewhat long term where there is lava, then hardened rock, then minor growth of vegetation
    • Clear a few trees here and there in the old lands

@Markos does raise valid points that should be considered
  18. Poogoblin

Poogoblin Active Member
    UO:R Donor

I don't know if any new land is needed, but my vote is T2A as well....I've always wanted to own land there.
  19. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

A threat (if there is one) is frivolous imo and an Answer to a said Complaint, if filed, could be easily drafted without hiring an attorney
  20. Celeste Lunaris

Celeste Lunaris Member

Forgive me, I'm new here - But you can have more than 1 house per account? Why? Does this mean when I have enough money for a small house deed, I won't be able to place one as all spots are likely scooped up already?
    Kiryana likes this.