️ Forge of Virtue Land Rush ️

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Samorite, May 17, 2020.

1. AOٌ

AOٌ Well-Known Member

You currently can have 5 houses per account and run 3 accounts for a total of 15 houses for 15 characters
    There are a lot of spots open for small all the way up to an occasional Brick, but larger will be full.

But there is also a great community here who give housing or at least sell at deed cost for some housing, the estate like Large Keeps + Fortresses + Castles are top Coin usually starting around 5mil for a large keep and anywhere up from there
  2. Pedigar

Pedigar Well-Known Member

The big problem is that a bunch of nerds who haven't played here since 2014 hoard properties and have their other nerd friends refresh them in perpetuity because Telamon won't pull the trigger on condemned housing so no one's feelings get hurt
    Steady Mobbin, One, Sayer and 4 others like this.
  3. Celeste Lunaris

Celeste Lunaris Member

I've heard the term Perma-Housing -- Is that what that means, roughly, Pedigar?
    Pedigar likes this.
  4. Celeste Lunaris

Celeste Lunaris Member

Also, I guess it's comforting to know that housing is consolidated into the hands of the wealthy even in UO:R. Sigh.

Opening up housing in T2A would be pretty cool - I bet there are folks who like humid, sweltering winds and hanging bug nets in front of their doors.
    Witchcraft likes this.
  5. Poogoblin

Poogoblin Active Member
    UO:R Donor

There's plenty of spots for housing, especially smalls. There's a handful of spots for bricks/patios and quite a few for L's. If you want help placing any of the aforementioned when you have the gold just hit me up here or on discord.
    Juliette, Kiryana and Celeste Lunaris like this.
  6. Celeste Lunaris

Celeste Lunaris Member

Much appreciated. I will when the time comes.
  7. Pedigar

Pretty much. You will find that there are areas (player towns) that are long since dead that are on perma refresh either by setting or lack of condemned status and friends refreshing them. And the dorks who hoard 15 keeps and forts for no apparent reason.
    Kiryana and Celeste Lunaris like this.
  8. Celeste Lunaris

Celeste Lunaris Member

I have to admit it is a bit disheartening to know that I'll only be able to buy a tower or above if someone decides to sell me theirs. Which I guess isn't really a new problem as on OSI nearly all house spaces were taken up anyway. Shrug.
  9. Pedigar

Supposedly if you look hard enough you can find a large tower spot....... I dunno
  10. Poogoblin

Poogoblin Active Member

There are other shards out there where you're not even going to place a small without purchasing. As mentioned you might be able to find a tower spot, but it'll not be an easy feat
    Pedigar likes this.
  11. Sayer

Sayer Active Member

My top vote would be no new land. If there must be new housing opened up, make it something unique to the expansion -- similar to what @Andrakus suggested.
  12. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 2, 2023
  13. Samorite

Samorite Renaissance Game Master
    Renaissance Staff

sorry missed that in the jungle of a thread

Cave dwellings
    T2a
    Vespa
    Green Acers
    One likes this.
  14. midgetbob

midgetbob Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

NE Vesper is fine and dandy if you're changing guard zones... but it's going to be taken up a lot by a few large houses and that's about it.

West Britain farm area is a decent option. A very few places for Large+ homes, but plenty of areas for Med (larger than a small tower, smaller than a tower) size housing and smaller. As long as the farms are treated like the ones outside Skara.

But, I don't really see the need for more land. I ran around earlier today and found a number of spots for Medium Sized housing. People just aren't actually *LOOKING* like they're saying they are; or, most likely, just looking in only attractive locations that everyone would want to put housing down. That's not even counting the ridiculous number of log cabin / sandstone / villa spots everywhere. There is no item decay in houses so other than just wanting something for the looks of it, any medium house should be fine. If you ARE only interested in the aesthetics of the house, pony up the cash to get one off someone that's selling it instead of making another "There is no land to place houses!" thread.

To be clear: condemn houses. People that haven't played the server shouldn't be allowed to have friends refresh their spots indefinitely. If they don't want to play here anymore, that's fine. Don't hold the rest of the server hostage. If it's been 3 months and not extenuating circumstances, login yourself.
    Juliette, Pedigar, Krampus and 11 others like this.
  15. Poogoblin

Poogoblin Active Member

Last edited: May 19, 2020
  16. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

I have said in a couple conversations recently that it really is surprising what fits where and what items on the map can be covered up or not. If you like messing around with house placement spend some time on test and go nuts trying to figure out which rocks and plants are ok with being under a house.
    FartBarf likes this.
  17. Poogoblin

Poogoblin Active Member

Nah, easier to come whine on the forum...then make the devs either deal with the situation or just make new lands and act like that'll fix the problem
  18. Earsnot

Earsnot Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

@Samorite Justice Isle, not prison island as I previously called it!

Completely empty, cant place houses here, dead land.

[​IMG]
    Juliette likes this.
  19. FartBarf

FartBarf Active Member

Houseboats? Re-skinned log cabins that can be placed on the shoreline.

Inoperable and unmoving, of course.

Edit: and they can't be placed anywhere that covers up the new water features. I like seeing those.
  20. Poogoblin

Poogoblin Active Member

In the same thought of "decrease vesper guard zone", there's a poop ton of dead space south of Britain between Brit and the moongate that is primed for housing
    Juliette, FartBarf and One like this.