1 second timer on lore skills?

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by nightshark, Jul 1, 2012.

1. nightshark

nightshark Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Is this planned? Was certainly a part of the era

2. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

I will have to check, but I would assume there was some correlation between the addition of the anti macro code (8x8) and the reduction in the skill use times.
  3. nightshark

nightshark Member

Probably, I was just thinking it will make see-sawing a lot quicker and remembered using that method with 1 second lore skills :p
  4. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Thats interesting, but without the 8x8 macro-code in place, and the fact that skills like anatomy/eval/med etc are passive, I don't really see this happening.
  5. Rainbow

Rainbow Member

The 1 sec timer would make the skill easier to get up/see-saw. But even just going to 10 and raising and dropping them accordingly doesn't take too long when see-sawing.

Based off of the macros I currently have going, there is a 10 second delay inbetween skill usage if you're using the skill itself. I paired Music/Eval on one char and Ant/Eval on another. ( Macroing them just cause they're easy and im at work, don't want any accidents that I can't fix instantly and waste time when I could have been gaining.)

But as Hate was saying quite a few of them are passive and pretty quick at lower levels in general.
  6. nightshark

nightshark Member

fyi i ended up using SS/camping, SS is on a 1 sec timer and there is almost no action delay at all (if any) so camping would go from 0-10 in about 2 seconds. it took me about 15 minutes to go from

55/90dex/55
    to
    80/20dex/125
  7. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Interesting, I will look into this. He is right about the Renaissance timers and anti macro code. They went to a 1 second delay on those skills because you had to move in order to gain skills. We will probably end up sticking with the 10 second delay, as we do not want the anti macro code.