2015 Summer House Decorating Contest

Discussion in 'Shard News' started by Chris, May 13, 2015.

1. Lightshade

Lightshade Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Massive House Entry:

Its a work in progress and not close to finished yet, but I figured i'd toss it in here anyways. Wish I had more time to work on it. *shrugs*

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Unique Design for the roof? Idunno?

[​IMG]
  2. Faber

Faber Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

@Cynic love the waterfall into the moat.
    Gideon Jura and Lightshade like this.
  3. English John

English John Active Member

Love pretty much everything I'm seeing here....the waterfall is peachy.

@Lightshade Just lovin' that less is more approach, function and form on a grand scale!
    Gideon Jura, crazydaze and Lightshade like this.
  4. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member

Puerto Hasselhoffa

1st Floor - Sacred Worship Shrine to the Valorite and Shadow Hues
    2nd Floor - Extra Large Print of the Jolly Roger with Obligatory Fish Tank
    3rd Floor - Fishing Net and Seashell Necklace Collection with Rooftop Fishing Nook
    Outside - Getaway Boat

puertohasselhoffa01.jpg
    puertohasselhoffa01point5.jpg
    puertohasselhoffa02.jpg
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
  5. Cero

Cero Well-Known Member

Damn you and your color coordination Basoosh!
    Gideon Jura, Beethoven and Basoosh like this.
  6. newme

newme Well-Known Member

Massive House
    This is my large Keep, which is also my main home. I enjoy decorating, with simplicity in mind. Making rooms look livable, yet, pretty.
    I've added many things I enjoy in real. On the roof is my little picnic area with fruit and wine on which to snack. Art is a favorite, thus the artist. section and can't resist music. the small roof is my "Tree of Light"
    The second floor is home to my "Mad Scientist " lair. My alchemist works to wee hours of the morning amidst it's depths.
    The first floor is my "living room" The small room to the left of the seating area is for inscription and the small room opposite the fireplace/ entrance is obviously, the bedroom.
    I did not show my storage rooms, as they are functional, not decorated.
    Thanks folks

bedroom.jpg
    Inscription.jpg Tower Roof.jpg Tower Roof.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  7. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

I think I enjoyed a Large Keep more than a Fortress, looking good Newme.
    Gideon Jura likes this.
  8. Lightshade

Lightshade Well-Known Member

With a Fortress, you end up standing in the middle for hours just staring at your screen asking yourself, "Where the heck do I even start?".
    Gideon Jura and Beethoven like this.
  9. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  10. newme

newme Well-Known Member

Large House.

I agree with the already mentioned post, Don't need tons of things to make a home, cosy and pretty. This is the bakery in Wispfelt Village. It is open and players are welcome to come use the flour mill and oven. Or just sit and contemplate the world of Renaissance.

Attached Files:

11. newme

newme Well-Known Member

Small House.
    The Smithy house of Wispfelt. Again, open for players' use.

Attached Files:

bart simpson and Gideon Jura like this.
  12. newme

newme Well-Known Member

Those are my three entries. Wow so many creative people here. Want to thank all you have entered this contest, you have done so well. What a deal of time and effort has gone into all your homes.
    And thank you Telamon for holding this contest. Such fun

Westra/Marjo

Governess of Wispfelt
    garvey and Gideon Jura like this.
  13. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

Wulver's Massive Let Down entry:

Main ground level where I can stock up on anything! Faction robes on the ground, dye tub ready for getting color coordinated with a rune on a table because who needs rune books when you are this efficient?
    Deco1.jpg

An outdated loom/spinning wheel set up when you could run them all at the same time, smithy room where you can make transactions through the window (I used to repair an RPers armor, it was so damn cool). A ton of event loot in the main entrance like viles of blood and other rares that I just unloaded quickly for the next event. Efficiency PEOPLE!!!
    Deco2.jpg

This is where I gate things into my Fortress safe and secure like. If you notice, I just transferred a ton of crap, IT WORKS!!!
    Deco3.jpg

This is my pvp arena. I have bandages, weapons, pouches, regs. I have no stupid ring because this is field PVP, the REAL stuff!!! No Refs, Rules or ROOKIES ALLOWED!!!!
    Deco4.jpg

This is where you can see my first generation Christmas robe in the top left, it hasn't faded yet! If you take a look in the courtyard you can see where a box was broken by a mongbat spilling out all the contents, adding some natural deco, along with some wheat that I am growing. 1159 Ebolt scrolls!! Wow! I also have a trophy for when I got into the AMIB areas before anyone else and took the rares because I had runes to those locations that weren't blocked. (I notified the devs and returned the loot for the trophy)
    Deco5.jpg

I apologize if I don't have enough rares, but you can see I am a minimalist and everything runs on efficiency. Get in, get out and HOP ON THAT HYPE TRAIN!!!!
    Gideon Jura, Delitem, LanDarr and 6 others like this.
  14. Faber

Faber Well-Known Member

That pirate loot statue is amazing!
    Gideon Jura likes this.
  15. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member

Captain Morgan, his riches coveted, has taken drastic measures to protect his wealth by building his fortress into the heart of a volcano.

Best Decorated Massive House

[​IMG]

(The moat is edited in, but everything else is as exists at the house)
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  16. newme

newme Well-Known Member

Wulver, not a let down at all. I would not have thought about the use of wheat for blockage. Very clever :)

It's not about the rares, lack of or plentiful. I have them because so many are such lovely colors and I tire of gray stone walls.

Westra/Marjo

Governess of Wispfelt
    Gideon Jura likes this.
  17. Azoth

Azoth Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone, this is Azoth and his friends. We're new, so please bear that in mind when you see our entries. There's no way we can compete with the veterans, but deco is fun so we thought we'd show what we've got :) Let's begin with the entry for Small House.
    This is Ned's Den. He's pretty shy and spends most of his time either picking cotton in the field in Skara, playing lute or reading on his bed. It's such a little place that 'Den' seems the best name, especially when it's his own name backwards :) Anyway, it's cosy and close to some of his other friends, whose places you'll see next.
    Small House Entry 1
    Small_House_Entry_Ned\'s_Den.jpg
    After his friends heard that Ned was going to enter, they all got excited. In the end they decided that they shouldn't all enter, but Ned's friend Nine-Fingers couldn't resist competing too for the Small House category with his Small Tower and it's just over the road: Nine-Finger's Reach. Nine-Fingers is more into smithing and armour than Ned and that's what you'll see in the house. Let's start with the ground floor:
    Small House Entry 2
    Medium_House_Nine-Fingers_Reach_A.jpg
    Nine-Fingers likes a game of chess (even if he only has half the pieces). He has a green-fingered side and is very proud of the rose growing outside the front door, in a pot generously donated by a benefactor :) This is where he relaxes, but let's climb the ladder now to the visit the workshop on the next floor:
    Medium_House_Nine-Fingers_Reach_B.jpg
    Yes, after losing a finger in battle, Nine-Fingers is into shields in a big way, both making them and hanging them on the wall. It's a bit of a small space and he dreams of having a Large Tower with a proper smithy one day, but for now it works.
    So, what's on the roof, you ask? Well, his friend Sil has been busy stone-crafting for him.
    Medium_House_Nine-Fingers_Reach_C.jpg
    So, there's a decent table for five friends to get together (as long as it doesn't rain). There's even a colourful stone bench behind (and, yes, I'm sorry to say you're right: one of the pieces is the wrong shade of red ... but Sil ran out of furniture dye tubs *hint*).
    Well, that's a tour of Nine-Finger's rather austere stone tower. Let's go next door now to visit Jonah's Sandstone Patio, which is a completely different kettle of fish.
    Medium House Entry
    Medium_House_Jonah\'s_Plaice_A.jpg
    Now for the Medium House Category. Jonah, well, Jonah has a terrible sense of humour. Maybe it's because he spends far too long on his own on the high seas. He's a fisherman - a pretty poor bad one most of the time - and he couldn't resist calling his house 'Jonah's Plaice'. Yes, it's a horrible pun, but there you go. He's a sociable type, so he's made the patio a place for friends to come and play checkers (he's got both sets of pieces, so is one up from Nine-Fingers). There's even a book that his friend Ghost "borrowed" from a library ... why not drop by, play a game or have a read?
    The roof is a very busy place. It's a place of hopes, dreams and aspirations, with bits and pieces of objects that he's picked up on his minor adventures, with the ambition to hunt for further, rarer things.
    Medium_House_Jonah\'s_Plaice_B.jpg
    Again, in the three months that Jonah and some of his friends have been around, there's no way that he could have got most of this stuff without help from more established friends (you know who you are).
    Okay, enough chatter, so let's move to the final entry. This is a Large House entry by Azoth, whom some of you will know from his trades on the Forum. Most of the time Azoth is grimy from battle-mining ore elementals. At home, fortunately, he's less grubby and hopes you like visiting his Large Patio. This is the first house that he and his friends owned and, again, its placement is thanks to a very kind stranger who moved one of his houses so that Azoth and co could have a place to live. First a shot of the whole place and then a quick visit, room by room.
    Large House Entry
    Large_House_Azoth\'s_Refuge.jpg
    Although Azoth constantly says that he wants a Large Tower, you can see that he's had a huge amount of fun collecting things for his home. He never imagined that a gruff miner and smith would get so much pleasure from hunting for rares with his friend Abramelin.
    Please come into the front room where you can sit and relax.

Large_House_Azoth\'s_Refuge_A,jpg.jpg
    You don't want to know how many people he and Abramelin have pestered for treasures to display here. Every time they see ReZon, for example, he probably wants to stick his fingers in his ears. This being said, he's generously helped out with the deco, as has Les - and Blackeye 'generously' un-helped by stealing a fruit-basket but let's not say anymore about that ;)
    The front room may be a place of R&R, but the patio is most definitely a place of work (and the fruits of work):
    Large_House_Azoth\'s_Refuge_B.jpg

Here you see where Azoth and Sil work at the forge. You can also see the Golem Statuette that Azoth found the other week and of which he's immensely proud. This now stands in company with statuettes of a Minion and a Savage Turkey, courtesy of a generous trade with Dalavar.
    Wearied from his day in the smithy, Azoth of course needs his rest and finds it in the next room with Ana Conda (who is shy and won't appear in the photo):
    Large_House_Azoth\'s_Refuge_C.jpg
    It's simple, but cosy. It needs a carpet but that's going to have to wait for a (long) while. The Spell of Lost Love by the bedside is unnecessary now, as you can see the romantic whispering rose on the bed from the lovely (and sinuous) Ana Conda.
    Okay, so what's in the final room? Well, that's Sil's tailors studio and you might like to put on some shades as it's a little, erm, 'bright':
    Large_House_Azoth\'s_Refuge_D.jpg
    Yes, Sil likes his colour, clothes, cushions and other assorted clutter. Like the rest of the bunch, he's still really a newbie, but enjoys his life here in UOR and looks forward to meeting more of you (and living to tell the tale).
    Azoth and his friends hope that you've enjoyed visiting their places. Sil is a bit put-out because he's not been allowed to show his Log-Cabin workshop, but maybe that can wait for another time.
    May you all find as much pleasure in your homes as this bunch!
    All best wishes,
    Azoth, Ned, Nine-Fingers, Jonah, Ana Conda and (a slightly grumpy) Sil.
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
    Gideon Jura, Delitem, Iago and 6 others like this.
  18. Azoth

Azoth Well-Known Member

I've been asked for better close-ups of one or two shots and can't figure out how to simply replace the images, so forgive me if I add them here. Here are larger shots of Jonah's Plaice:

Attached Files:

19. newme

newme Well-Known Member

Azoth, :), the vets have nothing on you and your friends decorating. And yes it is fun.

Good luck to all of ya. Thank you for joining the contest.

Westra/Marjo

Governess of WispFelt
    Gideon Jura and Azoth like this.
  20. Azoth

Azoth Well-Known Member

Hi Westra, thanks for the encouraging message. I'm so new that I still haven't visited your village. I'll make a point of coming to WispFelt today :) Your Large Keep by the way is lovely - and witty ... I like the spinning wheel producing gold :)
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
    Gideon Jura likes this.