2016 Halloween Thieving Contest (over 1.5mil in prizes)

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by The Crooked Warden, Oct 18, 2016.

1. NerK

NerK Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

jeeebussss chrissst blackeye! very well done!
    The Crooked Warden and BlackEye like this.
  2. Jack of Shadows

Jack of Shadows Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I haven't been idle, but nothing prize worthy, I've probably stolen about 15 hcoins, a few plat, an orange damage hw statue, a few silver weps, and a vanq bow

fun was/is had in the taking though
  3. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

id say you're a git if you don't at least post an entry. perhaps they are not 1st place worthy, but so far based on number of entries by separate persons, you have a shot for 2nd or 3rd by default. haha.

also, pay your namesake some respect and post a worthy tale of Shadow Jack's plunders!

PRIZES:
    1st Place: 1 Million Gold Pieces!
    2nd Place: 50 Platinum Pieces
    3rd Place: 100,000 Gold Pieces

4. SteelyDan

SteelyDan Well-Known Member

After hearing about all these successful house robberies by the most legendary BlackEye, Jerome Jackson was getting a bit sad. "Me pockets are empty" he said softly with a big frowny face.

See now Jerome has the patience but in the recent years lacked the finesse to successfully break into a home. He has tried countless times this year but only to leave door steps with empty pockets and sometimes a broken nose.

He decided to head to the cemeteries to see if he could grab some small items so he can eat for the week. He met a women with a silver short spear. "Ahh simple grab, I shall eat steak tonight!"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  5. SteelyDan

Yesterday happened to be a great day for Jerome. He filled his pockets full of green coin and managed to steal a Silver Spear. His targets were mainly adventurers killing ghouls and liches from the graveyards.

Today Jerome wanted to change things up. He decided to check the great town of Minoc for dirty miners, maybe to steal an ingot or two. His Blacksmith friend Steely Dan was running low.

As he recalled to the north of Minoc, near the stables, he smelt death. Jerome hopped off his horse and put his hands on his head "Something is not right! damn ghouls are overrunning minoc!"

He told his horse to stay put and proceeded to stealth south to get an understanding of the situation.

[​IMG]

As he glanced further south the reflection of gold hit his eye. "Is that a golden spear I see?, Forget these ghouls that there murderer is carrying a golden spear!"

He crawled up to back of the criminals horse and waited patiently for him to holster the weapon. "GIVE ME THAT SPEAR" Jerome yelled as he started running for his life.

** I apologize for not getting a snoop pack screen shot. The window opened fast for the steal.
    As he was running he felt lighting running through his body. "ARG DAMN IT, I THOUGHT I RENDERED HIM USELESS" Jerome cried out loud.

[​IMG]

Jerome finally made it to his parked horse near the stables and hopped on and rode around Kendal Mountain. Once on a horse Jerome is hard to catch.

What an exciting steal. "I just love stealing from murderers!"

[​IMG]

Later in the day Jerome decided to head back to Minoc.

He managed to evade all the undead to eventually see a lonely tamer helping the cause to rescue the fallen town.

[​IMG]

Jerome managed to quietly sneak behind the tamer woman and reached in her fashionable bag and YOINK! Grabbed a beautiful orange trophy. "This is my reward for being such a great thief!" Jerome said as he was running from the tamers beasts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Another Spear!

[​IMG]

More to come as the day goes on? We shall see
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  6. Halabinder

Halabinder Well-Known Member

7. The Crooked Warden

The Crooked Warden Well-Known Member

Get those last minute entries in! Contest ends at noon tomorrow
    Jupiter likes this.
  8. The Crooked Warden

Trophies are in! Big thanks to @Pegbyter !!
    BlackEye and Jupiter like this.
  9. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

Here is my compilation of in the field steals during Halloween. Most of them happened during the first week as it felt like stealing lollipops from toddlers after a while and I lost the interest and switched to other endeavours:

Field1a.jpg

Field1b.jpg

Field1c.jpg

Field1d.jpg
    SteelyDan likes this.
  10. BlackEye

I'd like to reserve this spot for a BIG FAT thieving post. I am not able to post it right now, because of RL stuff and the huge amount of screenshots to process, but probably in 6-7 hours from now... but Halloween is still running, right? So I hope it's okay.

Just a sneak peek:

PostNoHSneak.jpg
    SteelyDan likes this.
  11. The Crooked Warden

Unfortunately after noon, I cannot accept any other entries but I do look forward to the post!
  12. BlackEye

Pah! Rules are for breaking. Okay okay, I am quiet. (Writing on my mobile right now) ;)
  13. Natasha

Natasha New Member

I dont have other pictures but I followed this person in minoc until I had an opportunity to steal their silver spear of power when she stopped to cast resurrection on someone. I barely got away from her and her friends. i liked my disguise kit name since i had to follow her for a long time before stealing it.

screenshot1.jpg

Patience_11-8_01.31-2.jpg
  14. The Crooked Warden

Quite the steal... But how do we know you're not Saige? New account and no screenshot / player name

Feel free to message me your identity so that we can arrange some sort of verification
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
    BlackEye likes this.
  15. SteelyDan

The start of a new day!

Monday and Tuesday have been very successful days for Jerome Jackson. He really started tweaking his skills as a master thief and today wanted to have a little more fun with his sharpened art.

Jerome awoke from his guild house and decided to begin his day in Minoc, considering it has been so kind to him the day before.

He peers into the distance and recognizes a familiar face. "I know that man, he lives near RRG mine #11!"

One of the benefits of being a tax collector for the RRG is Jerome not only knows a lot of faces but also knows the location at which those faces live.

Jerome thought to himself "I have a great idea! I shall head to this mans house and attempt to break in!"

Jerome recalls to Mine #11 and heads north to the house. He peaks in the windows and notices no real security measures "Aaaa This will be great, I shall make a lot of money from this robbery"

[​IMG]

Just as Jerome predicted the man rides up into his house, Jerome sneaks behind him and BAM the door shuts quick and he is instantly revealed. "ARGGG me house thieving skills are terrible!" Jerome runs south away from the home and rethinks his next move.

"Okay Okay, next time he comes home, I'll just grab his weapon!"

He stealths back up to the house and waits patiently. Again just as he predicted the man rides up to his house. Jerome pries open his satchel and grabs a short spear!

Things happen so fast as a thief and Jerome didn't notice that the spear was junk. He also failed to see the force silver kryss along with a bloody skull!

[​IMG]

"Today is a terrible day" Jerome cried. "Okay Okay, next time he comes homes, I'll just crab GREEN COIN!"

Jerome again stealths back up the mans house and waits patiently. Again just as he predicted the man rides up to his house. He opens the mans satchel and steals 8 GREEN COINS and runs for his life!

[​IMG]

"OH NO" Jerome screams as the mans wizard friend is ebolting him in the back.

"ARGG DAMN IT" Jerome cries in pain.

Jerome dives down into a bush and crawls away unnoticed in the thick swamp. "Hah, damn that was close" Jerome said softly.

[​IMG]

Its been a fun competition although I wish there had been more entries. This contest has rekindled my love for the skill of stealing.

For those of you that haven't made a thief, I recommend it.
  16. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

@SteelyDan i would have laughed if you had taken that Kryss from him. As I had recently "acquired" it by means of brute force and sold it back to him for a healthy profit
    BlackEye likes this.
  17. Natasha

Natasha New Member

Raven in chat that he was afk with a halloween platinum statue but was in guard range. I found him in serpents hold standing on top of the town crier. I cast 3 walls of stone with a tiny gap and got the statue without the pesky town crier noticing. ty Raven for the fun contest

Attached Files:

18. The Crooked Warden

The event has now ended and I look forward to announcing our winners later today! Thank you all for participating.

Here's a look at the other rewards being handed out in addition to the cash prizes! ( thanks @Telamon and @Pegbyter )

thf.jpg
    ReZon, SteelyDan and BlackEye like this.
  19. BlackEye

Which tiny gap when someone stands on a NPC? Which wall of stones? Same blue bag on your toon and on your victim - coincidence?

Now some real facts: The supposedly stolen item is a 10 stone item. You've got at least 2 NPCs in your range for guard calling, one of them is a guard (not sure if that is important). Serpent's Hold would normally have to be plastered with corpses of the thief until the perfect steal that is necessary happens.

Up to my knowledge Saige is also connected to tnl/TnT (he was PKing with them in Minoc at least) to which by coincidence belongs Rav3n too. So both your steals are from the same cycle of persons. Wrong, sorry. Saige belongs to Ebola's -F-.
  20. The Crooked Warden

Hmm this info will be tested later and a verdict will be reached
    BlackEye likes this.