2018 Anniversary House Decorating Contest | July 7th to August 15th

Discussion in 'Shard News' started by Chris, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Hollywood

Hollywood Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Thats awesome
    Holden likes this.
  2. jumpman

jumpman Well-Known Member

That pond is next level. Amazing work.
    Gideon Jura and Holden like this.
  3. Evil Dead

Evil Dead Well-Known Member

Category: Best Decorated Medium House

FREEDOM CABIN

freedom cabin.png

cabin2.png

cabin3.png

cabin 4.png

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  4. OreHound

OreHound Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what's more disturbing: the "shoot-on-sight" roof perch, the skint corpses, the obvious alcoholism, or the missing blue lantern :p.
    gitchu1000, One and Evil Dead like this.
  5. Lyta

Lyta Well-Known Member

Category : Best Decorated Small House

Armory-Final.jpg

Please accept my entry into the contest with my Armory. The building has been solidly constructed in stone and mortar to withstand the machinations of our Orcish enemies. It overlooks a cotton field where the fine folks of Project Sanctuary can keep a watchful eye over the helpless cotton pickers of Sosaria.

01 The first floor is equipped with a small, but cozy, guard station. The position is typically manned to prevent the unauthorized use of our battle supplies. Training dummies are sequestered to the far wall where men-at-arms in training can work to improve their skills.

02 The second floor is outfitted with a large selection of storage chests to house various pointy things, smashy things and things you can use to stop pointy and smashy things.

03 The nefarious creatures riddled throughout our dungeons (and Player Killers, mostly Player Killers) tend to claim our pointy and smashy things as battle trophies. Of course, the equipment that we manage to hang on to gets damaged over time. The roof is an open air forge where gear can be crafted or repaired without having to subject yourself to the heat of having a forge in an enclosed space.

Please see below for original floor images:

Armory-1st.png

Armory-2nd.png

Armory-Roof.png
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    Airin, Rextacy, Basoosh and 11 others like this.
  6. Lyta

Lyta Well-Known Member

Category : Best Decorated Small House

SST-Final.jpg

For my second entry into the Small House category I present my Tower of Relaxation and AFK Forum Reading. As you can see every effort was made to present a cozy, yet safe environment to relax in. I do get the occasional spy, orc, brigand, thief, but the door is solid steel and the windows are too narrow for an entry point.

01 This floor is the main living area. It is outfitted with a hearth to maintain a nice temperature even in the winter. The bed is a single because, well, I just don't bring ladies home anymore.

02 A tailor's workshop is housed on the second floor. Chests are filled with rolls and rolls of cloth in every hue you can think of. The table is centrally located for ease of access, material cutting, measuring and sewing.

03 If you aren't sleeping you may as well be people watching. The roof is a small oasis of greenery and cushions. I retire here often to yell profanity at all those schmucks mentioned earlier.

Please see pictures of individual floors below:​

House-1st.png

House-2nd.png

House-Roof.png
    Airin, Rheanon, Basoosh and 9 others like this.
  7. Evil Dead

Category: Most Unique Design Element

Deadman's Deck

deadmansdeck.png
  8. k1w1uk

k1w1uk Well-Known Member

Santa's Grotto.jpg
    This is also a belated entry, the Deco no longer exists But don't worry. Father Christmas is cooking something new up for this year.
    In reality this photo was taken to prove that the Christmas theme continued throughout the whole building

Edit, as I forgot to mention, this is entered into Best Decorated Small House section
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  9. E1000

E1000 Well-Known Member

the Aedron's Skyring Observatory
    Category: Best Decorated Medium House & Most Unique Design Element

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The Aedron's skyring Observatory rises on a secluded peninsula "Cape Aedron" of the southern sunny coast of Stormhold.

Here where the nights are mild and the sky is clear Aedron sits beneath the stars wondering about the grandness of our timeless universe, mapping the uncharted planets and drawing constellations for the first time in Sosaria history.

Probably the Villa with the most lockdown expansions on the whole server, this jewel of real estate comes with a cozy little rune library on its front best known as the "Cape Aedron's Library" and a timber wolf spawn on the door-step to guard it faithfully.

It has been carefully designed from one of the most well known artists on Renaissance, following the best practice of pictorical composition, interior design and color theory.

[​IMG]
    The Ground Floor:

[​IMG]
    Is Built on a basic brown-warm palette with an alternated motif of green and red elements recalling with pillows, books, cloth and bottles the colors of the rose garden on the entrance in the interior as well.
    The Ground Floor is divided in 4 main ambients: the Rose Garden, the Winery, the Fireplace and the Kitchen.
    The Rose Garden is the best place to sit early in the morning to read the mail while the sun slowly rises above the waters of the river.
    The Winery hosts a collection of the finest and rarest wines in Trammel whilst strategically disguise the most advanced secuirty system exploiting its function in a decorative fashion.
    The Fireplace area is the crew favorite place to hang out, here between a poker game, cider and some unharmful gambling, future plans are laid out.
    Last but not least The Kitchen is made out of an ancient forge with a scaffold system specifically engineered for this space, a Pizza is ever-cooking on the embers to honor my italian roots.

The First Floor:
    [​IMG]
    Following a set of drawers you will reach the "Library" - the ideal place to comfortably sit down and enjoy an healty AFK session while absorbing the culture and the genius of the the greatest minds that ever walked the earth while guarding the entrance to the "Treasure Room".
    There is stored most of Aedron's wealth including a true rarity for our times - a real contract of employment!
    [​IMG]
    (my real name)
    A small terrace constitute another gathering spot where the guests love to spend time on a sunny day playing a chess game.
    A couple of carefully arranged ladders leads the way to the second and last floor and to the "Birdsnest".

The Second Floor:
    [​IMG]
    A fully custom level normally not available in standards Villa and powered from platinum energy in order to lock down enough elements to build up the floor and all the overlaying elements.
    The "Skyring Terrace" can be access both from the balcony on the first floor and from the Library.
    The lookout from this height is one of the best on this lands, and its probably the best place where to wait for the sunset enjoying some fresh fruit while a gentle breeze tingle the bell-tower.
    [​IMG]
    Once the first stars begin showing up it's time to move to the "Birdsnest" - this cozy little space can only be accessed from the treasure room and was built thanks to a complex architecture of ladders to exploit an otherwise not accessible area of the villa (the flowers pot on the south side).
    This is Aedron's favorite spot as the sky-vault offers every night an unforgettable show for human eyes, here between a telescope and a goblet of wine he loves to ponder about the future, the present and perhaps a past love...
    [​IMG]

Closing Note:
    Exception made for a few semy rare and some pieces of carpets, this whole place has been willingly decorated with cheap elements and items from everyday life that can be easily purchased from vendors. The intention is to witness that everyone can potentially live in a wonderfull house without necessary being a millionaire, all ones really need is passion, patience and good tastes.
    Chafe, Keza, Hydrox and 40 others like this.
  10. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    Faber, E1000 and Orange like this.
  11. E1000

E1000 Well-Known Member

cheers bud, your place has always been a huge source of inspiration ;)
    Gideon Jura and Faber like this.
  12. SneakyT

SneakyT Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

-Most Unique Design Element-

Table UPload.JPG
    UrinalCake, Gideon Jura, Ruck and 6 others like this.
  13. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

@OreHound @Evil Dead
    Definitely submit the well and the roof perch to "most unique design element" if you haven't already!
    OreHound and Evil Dead like this.
  14. Evil Dead

Category: Best Decorated Small House

The Dragon's Breath

DRAGONSBREATH.png

DRAGONSBREATH1.png

DRAGONSBREATH2.png

DRAGONSBREATH3.png

DRAGONSBREATH4.png
    Pill, Hadrian, Kirby and 18 others like this.
  15. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member

Fantastic work - really unique.
    Gideon Jura, Dalavar and E1000 like this.
  16. Sara

Sara Well-Known Member

Large house entry

My Patio house
    Screen Shot 2018-07-31 at 5.37.13 AM.png

The front room is for my blacksmith and miner always such heavy stuff to drop off.
    Screen Shot 2018-07-31 at 5.13.58 AM.png
    My favorite spot is my patio the rose garden is just a relaxing place.
    Screen Shot 2018-07-31 at 5.14.47 AM.png

I needed a place to cook up potions and spells so this small area fits my need perfectly.
    Screen Shot 2018-07-31 at 5.15.20 AM.png
    The very back room is my tailor craft room, though think the best seat in the house is in front of the fire working on the knitting.
    Screen Shot 2018-07-31 at 5.15.51 AM.png
  17. OptimisticSam

OptimisticSam Well-Known Member

Evil Dead likes this.
  18. OptimisticSam

OptimisticSam Well-Known Member

Dalavar and Evil Dead like this.
  19. Nusir

Nusir Well-Known Member

Best small house 2018

The Lich Tower

Kitchen, please excuse the mess... the current residents are not the tidy type. the foods pretty good.
    lich3.PNG

dinning room, nothing to see here. If I win, ill be able to replace the broken chair.
    lich4.PNG

Roof Garden, peeking out watching the neighbours.
    lich5.PNG

Night scream, errm scene.
    lichdark1.PNG

candle lit fine dinning.
    lichdark2.PNG

perfect night for stargazing, daemon summoning or simply drinking a beer.
    lichdark3.PNG

Attached Files:

rick, Airin, AnRobot- and 25 others like this.
  20. Faber

Faber Well-Known Member

This the best thing I have ever seen, hands down. I want to be you.