250K Finders Fee!! Looking for owner of "Warthogs Hangout" In Trinsic Swamps (Small House)

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by Loxness, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Reginald

Reginald Well-Known Member

Get a tracker and track for a week outside the house in a near by house. Then maybe you will know.
    Loxness likes this.
  2. Merlin

Merlin Active Member

Keep in mind perhaps the person has no intention to sell. While you may want it really badly, just because it sits empty, or isn't being used to your specifications, it doesn't entitle you to it. Perhaps a thief uses it as a safe house for a character they only occasionally play. There's just a lot of assumptions being made and since you've been bumping this since February, there's a good chance the house simply isn't for sale.
    Loxness likes this.
  3. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
    Player X and Loxness like this.
  4. Loxness

Loxness Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I tried this for a while, with a text recording of my journal... To no avail. Tracking is bunked. It only takes 5 seconds to log on and refresh a house. 10 second wait. And a >5% chance (It seems) to track someone hidden... not really a likely scenario.

Yeah if someone said "My house. Don't want to sell it". That would be that. But with no response, and a hidden person refreshing, this says something else TBH. I would just like it, because I believe I can place a tower and 2 bigger houses in the area, and I owned a player run town there on the Chesapeake server years ago. Would love to attempt it again.

But the house has a key on the front step, and 10 logs in it. In the middle of the swamps. That is it. I don't think he is doing any serious lumberjacking, or "hiding out" and doing any serious stealing in Trinsic swamps.

IDK about all of this, and who is who here, but my thought process seems to be agreed by some others. A friend should only be allowed to refresh a house for so long before the main account is required. I mean, it only makes sense.

I do understand, a lot of houses makes a shard look alive and healthy, but clearly, someone else will pick up the spots that fall if the "Fall after XX days" is ever enabled. It will still appear just as full. And actually the houses will be used by more active players TBH.
    One likes this.
  5. Merlin

Merlin Active Member

Before I wrap this post and add you to my ignore list, let me start off by saying I give a grand total of zero fucks who you think I am. I'm not sure why you obsess over it, or how it's even relevant to the current thread. I simply hinted to the OP that there could be reasons why they aren't getting this house, including the fact that the owner may have never once looked at these forums.

"Morally superior" - Is English your primary language? Nothing in my post indicated as much. Our trade forums get cluttered, and since we don't have the luxury of filtering trades into subcategories, I hinted that perhaps a month and a half of bumping on a trade forum will end up fruitless.

And speaking of bumping...you subject us regularly to your over-opinionated posts. A post will trucking along with some good reading and then BAM! In comes "One" with a short novel on a topic, filled with constant phrases like In my opinion, I think, I'd support this, I this, I that, I, I, I. If you went back and just looked at your post history, you'd see how incredibly annoying and how often the "I" comes up in everything you write. And then seeing nonsense like this talking about the UOR staff as if you are owned something....

...The staff was much more communicative until recently, I think there are a lot of us hoping that will once again become the case...

I don't use this word often, but you seem to be a real mouthy bitch. I get it, you must have a lot of free time to spend on forums (1,600+ posts supports the theory) but nobody here is asking for a forum superhero, or for your opinion in every fucking post, nor is Loxness asking for you to come to his rescue (as indicated by his follow up post). I advised him on the reality of the situation.

Now, run along and go post some more essays on shit nobody cares to read.

(Sorry Lox, good luck on your search, no more derailment coming from me.)
    Player X and Loxness like this.
  6. One

One Well-Known Member

Loxness likes this.
  7. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

It is pretty obnoxious when you want to buy a property and said person flat out ignores your attempts. All it takes is a "No thanks, I want to keep it" or hell, even a "Get lost!" so you don't have to waste your time with them, or find other means to convince them to sell lol.
    Loxness and One like this.
  8. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

But they wouldnt stay anon that way.
    PaddyOBrien, Loxness and compsays like this.
  9. One

One Well-Known Member

PaddyOBrien and Loxness like this.
  10. BlackEye

1) Can friends change house signs? Risk of being tracked anyway.

2) Risk of being seen.

3) Too lazy (I assume).

4) What is an anonymous IRC account? You would need to get another IP adress somehow.

5) Haha, anybody could do that actually! :)

Conclusion: *shrug*

PS: I heard there are evil people playing this game that enjoy not answering trade requests.

PPS: Remember how I tried to buy a boat once? http://uorforum.com/threads/wtb-a-boat-named-argos-situated-north-of-minoc.16531/

Disclaimer: I dont own that house nor do I know who owns it. :cool:
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  11. TreeHugger

TreeHugger Well-Known Member

@One and I are soulmates.
  12. A Random Newbie

A Random Newbie New Member

I found thog in active in irc chat and linked him here... wrong hog apparently :'(
  13. One

One Well-Known Member

Loxness likes this.
  14. Loxness

Loxness Active Member

Thanks for all the bumps btw guys regardless of outlooks and arguments lol.

[​IMG]

BUMP
    One likes this.
  15. LanDarr

LanDarr Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

I feel your pain man !

A while back I REALLY wanted the loggy at the shrine on Dagger Isle for a rune library location... Posted, left books, extensively bugged folks.

Then one day I go by the place and someone changed the name to "LanDarr's Library"....

To this day I still don't know who owns it !
    PaddyOBrien and One like this.
  16. BlackEye

@STAVROGIN ?
    One likes this.
  17. Reginald

Reginald Well-Known Member

Lol that's hilarious
  18. Loxness

Loxness Active Member

Alright, so after various days, I may have a lead!! The house was refreshed and these are the names.

[​IMG]

If you know of any of these characters, by all means let them know or let me know who they are!

FUBU, REY, Lady Serinity, Everlast One

Edit: Sorry pic kept shrinking on my screen. Had to upload it somewhere.

PaddyOBrien likes this.
  19. One

One Well-Known Member

20. Everlast

Everlast Well-Known Member

I'm just a little west of there.. I can tell you either a member of or a friend of COM is pretty much right on that spot. I followed them there once as a ghost when they ganked me outside my house, but I don't remember exactly which house they went to.
    One likes this.