7 forum threads with 100+ player comments should be evidence enough... MAKE CHANGES TO ARCHERY!

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by swiftfeet, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Comstock

Comstock New Member

I rue the day another version of me caused my damned airship to crash here. On a side note, have any of you seen a girl named Elizabeth?
    Basoosh likes this.
  2. swiftfeet

swiftfeet Active Member

If anyone has an account on Dev or Test where we can test things like

Accuracy formula
    Special Moves
    Bow Speed

or knows how to get one please let me know
    Keza likes this.
  3. English John

English John Active Member

Well from what I remember of the era(I played Europa and Drachs and SP when my 56k modem could hold down a connection!) no one used Archery to pvp till AoS and it's item based madness came out and I quit.

The archery here seems very similar to the archery of back in the day i.e fairly naff compared to a spear, hally or a wh!

Swing speed of archery should be low. Think about how long it takes to crank a crossbow, take aim and fire.

Now compare that to the speed of swinging a sword/hally/wh/axe etc etc.

That's why Archers were at the back of the battle and not in the front as they would be cut down as soon as they tried to re-load.

The only compromise may be the possibility of poisoned arrows which I do believe there used to be pre Lord Blackthorns Revenge(I may be wrong it's a long time ago!)
    Zyler likes this.
  4. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

5. Baine

Baine Well-Known Member

If nothing else happens to archery... at the very least please increase the "swing" speed of the heavy x-bow. That shit is RIDICULOUS!
  6. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

Heavy Xbow can do some nice damage. An increase in speed would make it better than a bow. Use a bow if you want to shoot faster.
  7. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

Heavy Xbow can do some nice damage. An increase in speed would make it better than a bow. Use a bow if you want to shoot faster.
  8. swiftfeet

swiftfeet Active Member

It doesn't matter, I don't expect any changes anyway. Told to make a forum thread 3 years ago (we have 7+) and still have not gotten any sort of input from staff.
    Exorcist likes this.
  9. English John

English John Active Member

I admire your persistance. Although perhaps you should take the lack of response from the staff as a polite NO!
    Exorcist likes this.
  10. Ouroboros

Ouroboros Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Bump for great justice!
  11. Geo

Geo Active Member
    UO:R Donor

I like the idea of archery being viable. Poison arrows as an innate ability seems a bit much, and from a stylistic standpoint seems to be a very specific archetype that all of archery suddenly becomes subsumed into. I guess I'm just coming from d3 recently and there were varieties of types of elemental damage and all archers becoming poisoners feels super constricting.. eh... If at all poison should be like an enchant that you apply to a certain bundle of arrows or something although firing a poison arrow at a target that's already poisoned would be a bit redundant.