70 Magery or 100 Magery for a Warrior template?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Foxhound3857, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Foxhound3857

Foxhound3857 Member

Question about Resisting Spells - Do mage monsters have an Eval Int score to contend with like players do? I'm curious if Resisting Spells passively reduces all offensive spell damage from monsters the higher it gets (by comparing your resist score to the monsters Eval Int score), or only if it triggers a successful resist.
  2. Foxhound3857

Foxhound3857 Member

Phew, hit GM Tactics right before losing Young.

[​IMG]

Much slower than raising weapon skills, lagged behind pretty badly, but it's done at least.

Starting tonight, before going to bed, I'm going to set up my Magery macro to start building the remaining skills. Should be able to GM Healing doing this as well.
  3. Foxhound3857

Foxhound3857 Member

Strangely my character still has Young status. I thought Young status automatically ends seven days after the character is created.
  4. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 2, 2023
  5. Foxhound3857

Foxhound3857 Member

So I could easily find the time to GM my remaining skills before it ends. Magery is already at 90, Resisting Spells is at 82 but fell behind Magery quite a bit.

Is there a way to see my total play time?
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
  6. One

One Well-Known Member

Foxhound3857 likes this.
  7. Foxhound3857

Foxhound3857 Member

Cool, thanks. 146 hours, so I've got plenty of time to 7x this template then.

Depending on how far behind Resists are when I GM Magery, I may just train it the rest of the way through PvM, or wait for a Resists event to finish it off. I'd rather not waste more money on reagents than needed.

It won't be via Blood Elementals, that's for sure. I tried engaging one last night, knocked off two thirds of my health in two seconds with a melee/E-Bolt combo, and a 40 damage crushing blow barely but a dent in its health. Don't think I'll be messing with those guys...
    One likes this.
  8. One

One Well-Known Member

9. Foxhound3857

Foxhound3857 Member

Is there a formula to calculate how much damage your armor reduces? Still inquiring about GM Barbed Studded but haven't found anyone willing to fill that order yet.
  10. One

One Well-Known Member

11. Foxhound3857

Foxhound3857 Member

Well, I can solo a single Daemon at least. I'm not sure how strong those are compared to Blood Elementals, but I can go toe to toe with one and win the day. I think I'm gonna farm them for the time being and see if I can get to Glorious Lord. Might get a decent weapon or two to drop from them as well.
  12. Xavant_BR

Xavant_BR Well-Known Member

The chalenge about hunt blood elementals are not the lementals itself.. but the pks..
    One likes this.
  13. Foxhound3857

Foxhound3857 Member

Meaning what, that areas with Blood Elementals have high PK traffic?
  14. One

One Well-Known Member

15. Xavant_BR

Xavant_BR Well-Known Member

Is the most tracked area by pks on the shard.. Ice dungeon, Blood elemental spot and destard... be aware when you go there to hunt..
    And about bloods, tanking them alone is viable, specially if you have peacemaking and/or resist. The only rule is, if a second blood spawn close to you, run!
    Vincent Blackshadow and One like this.
  16. Foxhound3857

Foxhound3857 Member

You make it sound like PK's are opportunists with no honor, not looking for a fair fight. Dark Souls 3 is a game that I spend a lot of time playing, so I'm used to having etiquette in my matchups, duels especially.
  17. Foxhound3857

Foxhound3857 Member

They can drop Level 5 maps apparently. But more importantly, can Blood Elementals serve as placeholders for their Diseased cousins?

If yes, that might be why they're popular, because Diseased Blood Elementals carry some PHAT LEWTS: http://www.uorenaissance.com/info/?page=g_info_t5&id=1233
    One likes this.
  18. One

One Well-Known Member

19. Foxhound3857

Foxhound3857 Member

I'm actually wondering now if I would've been better off going Swords/Lumberjack instead of Macefighting. This "Battlemage" is kinda fun, but feels somewhat redundant as it doesn't feel like it has a clear purpose. It can melee, but a pure Dexxer can do it way better, and it can cast spells, but a pure Mage can do it way better, and it seems like what you get going the hybrid route is a watered down template that just isn't as effective in the moments that matter. About the only thing I can do that a pure Dexxer wouldn't be able to is summon Energy Vortexes and Daemons for combat.

Mage-type monsters with high HP are hard for me to finish off at the moment as well, as they just continuously spam Greater Heal on themselves, dragging out the fight enormously.

I'm strongly considering dropping Macing/Meditation and taking up Swords/Lumberjacking instead.

GM Swords
    GM Lumberjack
    GM Tactics
    GM Anatomy
    GM Healing
    GM Resisting Spells

Then I'd have the choice to either keep GM Magery and a somewhat balance stat spread, say 100/85/40 (and use metal armor with it), or drop it low enough to be able to reliably use Blade Spirit scrolls, take Hiding instead, and go for the standard 100/100/25 stat spread. I'm heavily leaning towards the former.

@One, do you think this is a better template to go for? Is it worth reworking this current character, or should I just keep this one as is and make a new character to be a Pure Dexxer for PvP?
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
  20. One

One Well-Known Member