A bad thread about PvP/Reds

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Skydancer, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Cromwell

Cromwell Member

This is mostly a PvM server.From last October I killed over 80 Revenants and got his shield without ever seeing a Red.
    I also GMed mining and mined enough ore to GM Smith on 2 toons in the mines south of the chaos shrine. Guess what? Never saw a red.

Spent 3 hours at Cove Orc Fort yesterday, never saw a red.

This shard is actually kinda lacking in PKs these days
    Jill Stihl likes this.
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell Member

only the admins can close a thread,

and....

GOTO A DIFFERENT SPAWN THEN
  3. Earsnot

Earsnot Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Do you play a red character guy? No? Then take a seat buster...

Spoken with all that experience you have playing a red....

I aim hella confident you don't understand jack.

Nope. You've just cried about your boo boos and asked to have a magic button in your house that when double clicked calls guards to kill any reds near you, then those guards take everything in that reds house and auctions the building and the items.

Then you asked for guards to hunt them down across the entire game.

You've been playing here what? a hot minute and think that because you, and peep the rest of the forums my guy, just you, can't handle yo' self in a dungeon the ENTIRE game should change? Cats been telling you how to handle every situation you bitched about and you've straight up ignored them, then lied and said you got run out of another dungeon, when you haven't been in a dungeon all day, won't post your death shots, won't post your death log.....aint no one here gonna eat what you spouting.

Maaaaaaaaaan check yourself homie.
    LanDarr, Balian and eherruh like this.
  4. Valrick

Valrick Well-Known Member

http://uorforum.com/threads/renaissance-gold-per-hour-crowdsourced-guide-project.7530/

If you feel you're so "under threat" that you can't do anything. Do what others like yourself have done. Fight within your means.

Here is a link to show you that even a simple dexxer can farm money, and quite efficient at that.
    Fire dungeon has the capabilities to farm 60+k in an hour without recalling between areas during downtime. That's an awesome rate for fairly safe hunting!

If Red trains (btw where the f*ck are you guys? I'm not seeing it!) are out after you, go to a place that's less trafficked, or one that's hard to get into.

I can make 70% of what a tamer does with a bard dexxer. I only choose to do it when i need money and everything else is high-alert

edit: not closed.
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  5. Skydancer

Skydancer Active Member

Alright. horrible assumptions located.

And actually, I asked to have the magic button put on your house and to have gates guarded out of Moonglow, and then immediately apologized for making such a stupid suggestion.

Let me paraphrase the rest.

So, I've been here for what? Two months, and the first thing you have to say when you find out I'm getting pwned is that you've got an OG Captain America Ring for sale. SINCE THEN, Cats been telling me how to handle every situation I've bitched about, and I've straight up been here on the forums trying to figure it out. Then, when I tried to put anything that I had learned into practice, well IDK. I was dead in 5 minutes both times, and you want to call me a liar because I don't have death shots and won't give you a character name so that you can hunt my happy ass?
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  6. Cromwell

Cromwell Member

No everyone is missing the real Travesty here.....

I like playing on foot, now I understand a horseman gonna run me down on a road or an open field, But thru the woods????

Come on, all those low hanging branches and bushes and rocks everywhere should be riders spillin from saddles all the time, horses being putdown with broken ankles then brought back from the dead.

Now I propose a modest 3-4% chance of a rider hitting his head and being unhorsed when riding on fast speed past a tree, maybe less chance for a well trained nightmare or even greater if she's hungry. Ethy mounts could have a chance of forgetting there rider is flesh, and say ride right thru a tree. Probly be like getting a crushing blow with a GM Warhammer.

and what about climbing trees?????
    Jill Stihl, El Horno and Skydancer like this.
  7. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

8. Ahirman

Ahirman Well-Known Member

Stumps! ;)
    wylwrk likes this.
  9. Killian

Killian Member

This thread is worth watching just to see what the next title will be
  10. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

... I hope we can all have a laugh at the end of it all. I wanna get back to the game and have some fun this weekend.

pro-tip for the OG's out there that remember...

beware beware if you dare
    good loot may come to you
    you should probably prepare
    for the great Droppening Part 2
  11. Balgami

Balgami Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Bring back heat of battle... Let's see how many blues survive...
    El Horno likes this.
  12. JimmyTheHand

JimmyTheHand Well-Known Member

When you said stop telling you to shut up, that was putting words in my mouth. If this was not intended for me, you shouldn't tag me and then start writing.

Horrible assumption yes. A large portion of the playerbase has no PK, or even a PvP character. As for PK's wandering spawn to spawn, this is what they do, it's not secret. You really should adapt to this, you do seem to be the only one experiencing this repeated issue, I'm not sure what you're doing to have this occur.
    Where DO you go that this keeps happening? I suspect to known PK hot spots. There are numerous locations that provide excellent, or "decent", gold per hour, many of which are rarely visited by PK's.

I did advise to make a new thread, why? Because in this thread you were ranting about major changes to multiple systems and specifically how you kept dying.
    It was the wrong way to go about it. You should make your threads concise and to the point, not littered with numerous thoughts.

Make a thread about counts and how you feel about them. In my opinion, most of your other thoughts are not well thought out or fit the shard very well.
    What you can't do is go on about this, act the way you did, then attempt to "close it". That won't fly with most folks around here.
  13. Balgami

Balgami Well-Known Member

I have been having trouble farming, where are these secret locations that are rarely visited by PK's that I always hear about?
  14. Jack of Shadows

Jack of Shadows Well-Known Member

It's at the spots where you guys form a group of blues and dirtnap all of the pks when they show up and keep them in statloss or dead. When you find out where they live and all of their alts and kill their blues and mules too. You let them keep you on your toes with offense, but you need to swap that around. 100 blues here will let 5 reds wreck every one of them. Peon them to death.

One thing that's really missing from UOR that existed in era was the massive fights with 5-10 reds in a house vs 10-20 blues outside.

I fought on both sides of that and it was pretty fun.
    Cromwell likes this.
  15. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

16. Jack of Shadows

^ ie in trammel.
    Balgami likes this.
  17. Skydancer

Skydancer Active Member

Two second delay on actions out of a gate.
    Reds should be criminals
    Short/Longs need revising.

I'm new, sorry if I thought my opinion was accurate.

But this is all I have been vouching since the beginning, with only one or two very stupid, and rescinded, suggestions in between.
    That I told you to shut up, I guess I did direct that at you, because 'Dear God, I just go on and on' <--- You might not agree, but you told me to shut up.
  18. JimmyTheHand

JimmyTheHand Well-Known Member

Ok. Lets keep to this then.

Delay on actions after a gate, only for reds? If not this is a major change and will have drastic consequences.
    If only for reds its heavily biased against them. For reds, this would dramatically affect how pvp outside of ganking goes down. An example is at an idoc or other contested area.

Can reds recall after performing a criminal action? I wouldnt know, I rarely encounter them and dont play one. If it is the case, that makes them unique and it isnt consistent with other criminal actions that turn us grey.

Counts do need a revision. There's a thread discussing that I believe.
  19. Earsnot

Earsnot Well-Known Member

It was actually Captain Planet my guy, please don't mess with my sales.

[​IMG]
    JimmyTheHand likes this.
  20. Jack of Shadows

I just saw earsnot's join date and damn it all to hell I've got to quit drinking

I seriously keep forgetting it's 2018.

(I quit for a day but rebounded hard, about halfway through a 1.75 of bourbon now)

Annndddddd

JimmyTheHand likes this.