A congratulatory post

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by SandyRavage, Nov 4, 2018.

1. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
    BlackEye, merlin8666 and Tiago like this.
  2. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

The funniest thing about this is. We only pkd the event or at least really tried to PK it once.

I'm glad you decided not to try the new content smart move bud.
  3. One

One Well-Known Member

BlackEye likes this.
  4. Evil Dead

Evil Dead Well-Known Member

The warning was nothing more than some dark roleplaying and like scuba said we barely even PK'd during this event. If you actually didn't participate because of what I posted I do apologize but that's pretty silly.
    NCCML and One like this.
  5. One

One Well-Known Member

6. Stu Bones

Stu Bones Member

we gain nothing from killing u ( u can make a macro to leave instantly ) . Reds run deep in stat ( some ) and risk losing there reds for large amounts of time.
  7. Evil Dead

Appreciate the kind words man and yes of course I am all for a new bounty system. Also I find this funny but I believe the thieves caused more chaos than PK's at the city of the dead.
    NCCML and One like this.
  8. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

I wasnt interested at all. The PvM part during events is always the same. Grind your ass for some high end pixels for a few weeks and earn more value than anybody that farms regularly during the rest of the year.

Thieves should have enjoyed the event though. I once got in there with a thief in the beginnibg and directly stole like half a dozen silver slayers and a dozen hcoins.

I find the new trend to hand out game changing items very problematic though. Shiny trammel wear and colored horse are one thing, but when there are +2 taming or +20 stealth only for a few selected rich vets available then we have a problem.
  9. One

One Well-Known Member

OptimisticSam likes this.
  10. merlin8666

merlin8666 Well-Known Member

I liked the Halloween period in that there was a steady supply of blues to PK at graveyards. Glad that there was a mix of tamers and dexxers as it gets really boring facing off against Dragons. I agree with One, we don’t really need more items that cater for the, already overpowered, tamers. MDGA – Make Dexxers Great Again
    NCCML, OptimisticSam and One like this.
  11. BlackEye

These skill changing items should at least be available all the time, like MotWs... maybe as fixed gold/hcoin/plat sink on holiday vendors. Else new players or players that simply couldn't play at that time of the year, won't be able to catch up.
    NCCML and One like this.
  12. Evil Dead

Is owning a +2 taming item really that game changing? Sure it helps training taming a little and gives you slightly increased white wyrm control but is that really much of a problem?
    NCCML likes this.
  13. merlin8666

merlin8666 Well-Known Member

In that it is yet another item for tamers as opposed to dexxers or even mages, yes. I don't want to derail the thread because the event was great so I'll reserve posting my opinions on tamers.
  14. OptimisticSam

OptimisticSam Well-Known Member

I think people (myself included) only see it as an issue in the broader context that taming is far and away the most powerful class already AND one of the classes that has an item buff already. Couple that with it being the only class you can really triple box, and it just gets silly powerful.

I absolutely loved this event, but I was discouraged to see that dexxers, archers, and mages were really only good for clearing out the spawn prior to a boss - where you then basically needed a tamer to pull through. And then that class gets buffed? Oy.

Overall though, I love the work that @Chris and @Treasureman did here, and I'm looking forward to seeing what's next.
    One and merlin8666 like this.
  15. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

I say for thanksgiving we get "oven mitts" leather gloves with +20cooking what say thee @Chris
    One and PaddyOBrien like this.
  16. BlackEye

It's not only about fairness. A +2 taming skill means that some very few people are able to tame Dragons/WWs/Nightmares faster and easier. For example, combined with a MotW a rich item augmented tamer has more than doubled his chances to tame that Albino. Less time to be harassed, PKd, griefed. Also these items enable retaming of other peoples Nightmares, something a standard tamer cant achieve.
    Then add the uber-OP easter fluffies that spit 50dmg firebreaths (has that been nerfed meanwhile?).

The +20 stealth is also a huge difference for stealthers. These 2 steps are very often critical for rogues and their narrow time windows.

Then add these new undead kin masks. If they indeed keep undead agro away that item might be a game changer too.
    So this stuff isnt just about convenience and people should at least be able to catch up.

Dexxer/mage buffs are tricky. The PvP balancing makes stuff more difficult to hand out.
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  17. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Wow really?

I might have to make me a tamer.
    Hmm... no.

Three.
  18. BlackEye

Once they go wild, that is.
  19. NCCML

NCCML Well-Known Member

I hope you didn't actually avoid the event because of this.

I am impressed that the reds chose the health of the event over constant raids. I think the event was a huge success.

Thanks Chris.
    Airin and Evil Dead like this.
  20. Header

Header Active Member

Great event Chris.

Thanks for all the hard work!
    Airin and Evil Dead like this.