A few questions!

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Zapp Brannigan, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Zapp Brannigan

Zapp Brannigan New Member

Hello all,

1; Is Healing skill based or isn't it? I've heard/read both options now, and if it isn't I'll just keep spam-healing those 3 HPs worth of damage, if not I suppose I have to start ressurecting a ghost!

2; Is it possible to find, tame, bond and use the "raging grizzly bear" I just saw in the Compendium? It didn't require very much Animal Taming, and I figure it would be possible to make a quite fun template with it :> Or were they some kind of special mobs which were only around for awhile?

3; Price check on: Surp Acc. Massive, Power broadsword of Reptilian Death

4; Using the Arms Lore skill on a weapon/armor, it displays two bars where one is Hit Points and the other is Quality. What's the quality one? Is that the bar which decreases everytime I repair my weapon? Or is that part of the HP bar?

5; If I use a weapon with +20% Tactics, does that slow down my Tactics gains? Because I'm almost GM Fencing now, but only in the mid 70s with Tactics, is it because I'm using a +20 weapon, or is it b/c Tactics is just that much slower to increase?

Thanks in advance for any help and answers!

/ Zapp
    BlackEye likes this.
  2. Dr Satan

Dr Satan Well-Known Member

1. Spam heals as quick as possible is the quickest way imo. Gm'd healing on many chars and tried ghost at 80/80 and done some by healing damage all the way. Healing a target at 100 dex is a fair bit quicker imo.

2. Yep, raged grizzly is obtainable and you can bond it. It is a rare version of the grizzly bear, but AFAIK it has the same range of stats as normal grizzly. Could be a fun build. @Keza tamed a pack of special "good" polar bears and that was an awesome setup. That's a version of a polar bear that is truly unique from its relative. Better stats, different color, many options to do unique animal packs if you get creative.

3. That's a pretty awesome weapon with the dragon''s den instance around the corner. Who really knows when the hype hits 11 after that is released. I would start an auction for it and use a proper format with a 200k-250k starting bid and hope it catches a few people''s eye. It is up to demand, but I think you'll at least get that, maybe far more..good luck.

4. I'm not exactly sure, I don't have a crafter so never looked into it very deeply. I think it is just a rating the game gives an item in terms of where it ranks in its properties. If it has max health and is of invulnerability then it would rank much higher in quality vs npc leather or something. Just what I think it means, someone else can confirm http://www.uorenaissance.com/info/Arms_Lore

5. Yes it will slow it down. Tactics will be much slower than weapon skill anyway as it only has a chance to raise on a hit that deals damage, but also it seems (maybe just in my mind) that it slows down more and more the closer it is to hitting gm. I have always used a good magic weapon with no tactic bonus to farm and raise skill at the same time. I just keep a kryss of vanquishing in great condition as I slay ettins or daemons or what have ya to gm fencing/tact.

Good luck and welcome to UOR!
    BlackEye and Keza like this.
  3. Merek Tybalt

Merek Tybalt Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I do know that if you use a weapon that ends up giving you a tactics bonus over 100 shown skill, you will not gain skill points at all in tactics.
    BlackEye likes this.
  4. Zapp Brannigan

Zapp Brannigan New Member

Alright, maybe I'll try both ways of raising Healing, just to see which one is quicker (atleastin my mind!).

Thanks for the answers to my other queries! I'll have to start using a different spear I guess, so Tactics can catch up a little :>

I have a followup question regarding the 'raging grizzly' though... When I check the compendium it says that bear has between 750 - 930 hit points, and is the reason I wanted one to tank for me! But it doesn't..? Or does the value drop/change once you tame it?

Again, thanks for any help!

/Zapp
  5. Sheepdog

Sheepdog Well-Known Member

What everyone else is saying +tactics is a slow mofo, I was training an archer, GM'd Archery and still had 70 tactics, switched to wrestling, GM'd wrestling - 80 tactics, switched to fencing, GM'd fencing - 96 tactics, switched to swords and hit GM tactics at 87 swordsmanship. In retrospect I shouldn't have capped my DEX at 55.

Good luck and nice reptilian death weapon!
  6. Theodin

Theodin Well-Known Member

i got a raging grizzly you can have!

:rolleyes:
    Animal Control likes this.
  7. Russ4ua

Russ4ua Member

They don't have the high HP you see listed there. Maybe those were spawned during an event? They only have normal grizzly bear stats :[