A New Player's Guide to the Options Menu

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Gharik, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Gharik

Gharik Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

A New Player's Guide to the Options Menu

The options menus are accessed by press Alt + O, or by clicking "Options" in your paperdoll. You'll notice that I don't explain ALL of the option tabs. I'm only writing a brief description of the tabs I feel you'll be using. I don't use options frequently, but there are a few useful little things to know about. As always, if I missed something, let me know!

Sound and Music

In this menu, you can adjust your sound and music volumes. The menu is fairly self explanitory

[​IMG]

Interface

This menu allows you to enable/disable pathfinding, force your character to always run, ect. Pathfinding can be useful if you are stuck in an area with no clear way of getting out. I find it more of an annoyance than a help, I almost always have it unchecked. I don't advise always sprinting, when you run out of stamina you'll be forced to walk. In a dangerous situation, you need to have that extra juice to sprint. I personally don't use this menu often. Once my settings are right, I just leave it as is.

[​IMG]

Display

The top portion of this menu I tend to leave alone. I change my resolution through Razor, not UO. However, if you scroll down a bit, you can change your speech color settings. I try to find a nice balance between the speech above my character and the text in my journal. Light colors can be easy to read above your toon, but are awful in the journal. Dark colors are great in the journal, but not easy to read above your toon. Play with them a little bit. Once you find something you like, stick with it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Miscellaneous

This is probably the menu I use the most. Toggle circle of transparency can be quite useful. If you drop something in the middle of a thick forest, it'll remove them from view. I usually only turn this off when decorating my house.

[​IMG]

Macro Options

This menu can be used to create simple, in game, macros. The macros save to the specific character. If you're like me, (LAZY!!!), you'll be creating most of your macros with Razor. Razor is a wonderful tool once you get use to it.

[​IMG]