A Posting Question

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by SirLanceAlittle, Dec 3, 2012.

1. SirLanceAlittle

SirLanceAlittle Member
    UO:R Subscriber

HELP!!!

Without making me feel any more foolish and dense as I already do, please, will somebody tell me what I am doing wrong.

I can not figure out how to Attach a picture file to a Forums Post ("post") or Private Message ("pm.")
    Last week, Ezekiel was kind enough to try to help me, but I am still lost.
    He is so busy, I decided to ask here.

I am trying to figure out how to Attach a picture file to a UO Renaissance Forum's "post" or "pm."
    I want to be able to attach a screenshot, created with the Window's Paint utility, saved as a JPEG file.

I tried placing the location of the file I wanted to attach
    C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\My Pictures\Test Image.JPG
    between the /img tags found at the bottom of the posting area, under the subject field
    [​IMG]
    but end up with this
    [​IMG]
    there is no attachment to the "post" or "pm" I am trying to create when I click PREVIEW button.

Any help is welcome, either here or "pm" me.
  2. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

There are two options you can use.

Option 1. When creating a new post, there will be a tab called "Upload Attachment". Simply selection the file you wish to attach and then click Add the File. This will add the selected image to your post. You can repeat this multiple times per post if you wish. Keep in mind there are size limitations to posting in this manner. This is the only method in which you can attach an image without uploading it to a secondary image service. You cannot link pictures directly from your computer to the forums without minimally uploading them.

Option 2. My personal favorite method is using a flicker account to upload and link pictures. Flickr has a very easy to use drag to upload function and once uploaded you can easily generate the links you need to simply copy and paste into your forum posts. (Flickr is free, for accessing the 200 most recent pictures you have uploaded.)

I can create a guide for posting pictures using a Flickr account if that will help.
  3. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

www.imgur.com totally owns.
    Go there, browse for the picture and upload it. It will give you all the links (even with the [​IMG] tags.
    Copy and paste to forum thread and you're done. :)
  4. SirLanceAlittle

SirLanceAlittle Member

I don't believe it. As Hommer Simpson would say, "DOH!"
    I totally overlooked the Upload attachment tab on the Post creation screen.
    I was spending most of my time on the Private Message screen, and still don't see it there.
    Chris, your Option 1. works smooth as silk. As Jeff Foxworthy would say to me, "There's your sign." :oops:

Thank you Chris and Blaise.
    Okay, how do I attach this same file, the one I've attached here, in a Private Message? It is a JPEG file saved locally on my PC.
    Is there a chance you'll add the Upload attachment section/tab to the Private Message screen as well?

Attached Files: