A Red's Injustice...

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Cheapsuit, Jan 7, 2018.

Should reds be allowed in town and have stat loss taken away?

1. Yes, it will bring more pvp to the server.

31.7%
  2. No, i get scared at the sight of reds, and don't want them anywhere near me.

58.5%
  3. Makes me no difference either way, just as long as there's more action.

11.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Talon Karde

Talon Karde Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Bring red has nothing to do with PvP 99% of the time. Being red means you having been PKing some PvM template.

So changing anything to do with being red, won't change PvP AT ALL Cheapsuit.

If you want more PvP... you need to look at factions and how to get more people to do that. THAT is PvP.

And just for your feedback, as you seem really eager to get PvP going in.. My personal reason for having zero interest in PvP here is mounts. PvP from my experience is a group of mages, off-screening and loading up a sync dump. If sync dump somehow fails to kill one target immediately, they will just zoom off screen again, meditation up, and sync dump again.

Riveting.

I'm actually hoping to host some tournaments at some point. Because I absolutely love seeing 1v1 or 2v2 fights. World PvP to me is never doing to work with mounts and sync dumps.
    Rextacy, Dalavar and Huzke like this.
  2. SativaGreen

SativaGreen Well-Known Member

I would like this system, as a future PK.

As far as more PvP, it depends on the players. We need more events. It doesn't have to come from the staff. Let's try to organize something.
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  3. Ahirman

Ahirman Well-Known Member

When I played on OSI/EA reds were just red. No stat loss, could go into town. But there was trammel and only people looking to pvp were usually the only ones there. So I don't really get the whole stat loss thing when you have 3 accounts to burn off counts.

But things are fine the way they are. I don't really care one way or the other.

One thing I don't like that I think would make for some awesome battles though are field spells. On OSI if you're guided, your field spells(para poison etc) don't hurt you or your guild members. So you could have some crazy battles back and forth defending champ spawns or faction sigils. Cast a bunch of para/poison fields to make a wall, but you could run through them to attack.
    Rextacy and SativaGreen like this.
  4. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

@Cheapsuit i would love to see reds in towns and I think it would show people this is not a dead server. Changes like this will never happen though.
  5. Cheapsuit

Cheapsuit Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I respect your opinion, but your opinion of me not liking it here, is incorrect. Do I think everything here is perfect? Hello no.
    But I don't know where the "I can run the server better" came from, I CANNOT. I believe in Chris and the server, if I didn't, I wouldn't even bother.
    But I have ideas and opinions just like the next man, and IMO, I'm the least shy guy on the server, so yeah, You're gonna hear my opinions rather you like them or not.
    I like you all, but I will also be the first one to call any one of you out, when needed. But this wasn't a dig against Chris, but imo, he got the murderer thingy wrong.

But I sincerely do appreciate your post, and all other's post in most threads. The thing people need to consider is, a minor change like reds in town etc, is always reversible with no repercussions, like something as major as damage input etc. If it proves to be a bad chance, you simply change it back. No harm no foul.
    LanDarr likes this.
  6. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

How many servers did OSI have during UO:R? 8-9? More?
    GL, LS, Chessy, Atlantic, Europa, etc.

So because 1, Siege, had this, then a UOR server should?

This was never a “thing” during UOR. And yes, this server “picks and chooses”. It picked and chose not to have Trammel.
    fooka03 likes this.
  7. Cheapsuit

That is really my real motivation, not just for my personal preference, but I sincerely think it would show lots of action.
  8. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

It won't happen though. Some vets are stuck in there ways. And do not see how this could help the server only the grief that may happen if this was enabled.
  9. Cheapsuit

A total misinterpretation on what I meant when I said pick and choose, lol but it's all good.
  10. Huzke

Huzke Active Member

"Yes, because somehow I'm unable to function with the already near non-existent repercussions for killing players while having the ability to macro counts while sleeping and working and having several accounts to do so with simultaneously."
    Pirul likes this.
  11. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

To be honest this really is not a pvp server. This shard caters to pvmers. This is just the way it goes I guess.
    Althorn likes this.
  12. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

It “picked” a rule set similar to that which 90% of the OSI players were familiar with during UOR.

Or enlighten me, please.
  13. Cheapsuit

You seem to have a nice system, but too much work for me. I would like to kill, be killed, bank and repeat. And of course baiting a noob blue into attacking you first, then chasing and killing him at the guards feet is always a plus. :)
  14. Talon Karde

Talon Karde Well-Known Member

Yeah.. killing those noob blues for attacking reds in town will REALLY help activity and player retention....
    Dungeon Master and Huzke like this.
  15. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

Have you never seen a town invasion? Reds go after other reds no one cares about the other blues. But yes some noob blues will die but, at least towns will be more active instead of just people macroing.
    Cheapsuit likes this.
  16. SativaGreen

SativaGreen Well-Known Member

It was added just after AOS hit. But Bolas we're apart of UO:R, so reds in towns we're subject to getting bola'd and ganked. Also, why there was no stat-loss.

It definitely encouraged town PvP and town raiding. It also gave Reds the ability to chase down their attackers. But since you can attack and recall here.. it wouldn't matter too much.

Maybe adding Forged Pardons to T-Maps so reds have to buy back their murder counts from the Trammies they kill?

http://www.uoguide.com/Publish_24
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  17. Sheepdog

Sheepdog Well-Known Member

Ok, I'll bite and elaborate.

Reds in town and no stat loss is your suggestion.

Turning red is a RESULT, from a negative action.
    Not being allowed into town/guarded area is a consequence of your status as a player who has committed multiple negative actions.

Stat loss is a secondary result from multiple, negative, consequential actions.

Removal of these two key elements of this servers mechanics would RESULT in a massive alteration to the game.

It would remove consequence for your actions.

It would remove thought and care from everyone's playstyle.

If your suggestion was made active, this is how it would go:

Say you're mining and making piles of ore to smelt, some d bag comes along and steals them, no worries, just log onto your red tamer with a mare pack go to the mines and spam all kill. They come back you do it again, and again, and again, and again. That's understandable. You lose nothing, you don't go into stat, you can still do everything you normally would with the only change being someone can attack you in town.

Now say your mining, making piles of ore to smelt and some d bag comes along with a red tamer spams all kill on you, and kills you again, and again, and again, and again. It's a Tuesday afternoon, he's bored. There's no concequence to his actions. You're trying to mine, sure you can come back with your tamer or another char but Jesus you just want to fucking mine, what if you don't have a PVP character? What if you're not into PVP.

Cheapsuit, I get it - you want to make this place better, but I swear to god dude all your ideas are so incredibly self orientated.

I have still yet to see you PVP anywhere, with any characters, in any circumstances whatsoever.

Stop dude.
    Merek Tybalt and Pirul like this.
  18. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

Honestly. Reds need harsher punishments but, they should be allowed in towns.
  19. Cheapsuit

Actually this is OSI's idea, sure they made some bad decisions at times, but they didn't get everything wrong.
  20. Kargoth

Kargoth New Member

Sorry but I strongly disagree with this idea of letting reds in town. This is no solution for the lack of pvp. You have to think twice before going red or otherwise accept the negative aspects of it. This idea would be against everything how they advertise this shard.

I also don't like the stat loss but I accept it as it is part of the conecpt of UOR. If you want to pk ( there is a difference between pvp and pk) and kill everyone you want then you have to deal with that or keep on moving to a shard where this is handled differently. I don't think thise core feature will be changed anyway. Maybe but this is only my opinion it would change the amount of pvp/pk/ gank action and the number of reds if there would be no stat loss. I played on a shard having this implemented for several years and you had a lot of pvp. I really hate it to remacro my character everytime I die ( doens't matter how) just because im red so I try to avoid getting red.