A Red's Injustice...

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Cheapsuit, Jan 7, 2018.

Should reds be allowed in town and have stat loss taken away?

1. Yes, it will bring more pvp to the server.

31.7%
  2. No, i get scared at the sight of reds, and don't want them anywhere near me.

58.5%
  3. Makes me no difference either way, just as long as there's more action.

11.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Leopold

Leopold Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

One thing I have noticed from watching videos of PKs streaming themselves is that it looks like if the tamer had just sat still, drank a heal pot and spammed regular heal and called their pets back they would have been fine, at least long enough to get a gate open. Now if its 3+ with pre-loaded explosion I think casting gate from a scroll the instant the first red name appears is likely the only way out.
    Celestrael likes this.
  2. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

Not really I mean yes you may die but, with the ability to self Rez you could take out the entire group.

All kill the first red heal yourself through the dump if you die just self Rez and repeat all kill on a near red. It's really not hard to kill reds with pets just saying.

Maybe people just don't know how to defend themselves but, dragons and mares are OP
    One likes this.
  3. Celestrael

Celestrael Member

The tamer will fold fast to a dump if he doesn’t have resist. Then you can kite his dragons away from the body and invis, run back and collect your loot.

My plan is to start macroing up my PvP mage as soon as I farm up enough money to fund it, then hide him nearby while I farm. All kill, switch screens, run in with scribe mage while dragons help. Lol

The tamer will die but you won’t make off with his loot. Lol
  4. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

Dude I run the same tamer build like I said maybe you just don't know how to defend yourself dragons and mares will wreck most pks. Any build with taming is far from defenseless
  5. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

@Celestrael pm me I can give you some pointers so you will wreck these over powered pks
    wylwrk likes this.
  6. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

I don't really see any point. When I started playing here there were a few major groups of PKs running around, Bart, Google, Lib, etc. and the Team Trammel guys. They grouped up, went out pking, and actually had some short term counts. Once I killed them all a few times they basically stopped ever going into statloss (except for mes and pork fried rice), and now with those two gone... well the last year I played there was basically 0 PKs with statloss.

So what is the purpose of hunting them down? They aren't using runic weapons or any good gear. I don't care about their reg bag and maybe some invuln leather armor. The bounty is a joke, a few k isn't worth it. If the bounty is higher than 10k you can 99% bet they put it on themselves for whatever reason.

Why bother? There is 0 incentive to PK hunt anymore.
    Rextacy, One and Anarchy like this.
  7. Celestrael

Celestrael Member

Incentivizing PK hunting would certainly stimulate PvP but I don’t know of a solution that couldn’t be abused by reds. Like farming their own red with an alt.
  8. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Yes, let's game theory that for the next few pages!

PK's to spend statloss in a cage in town on display. Citizens may purchase things to throw (gold sink) at them, like potatoes.
    Jill Stihl, One and Celestrael like this.
  9. Celestrael

Celestrael Member

I support this.
  10. Cromwell

Cromwell Member

11. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

Relpor (that closed now) had a nice system I think. If you went into "statloss" you instead just couldnt do negative actions on blues. But you could defend yourself if someone attacked you. You also could not heal criminal/red players and whatnot. Once your counts were back down or you paid a huge sum of money you were back to normal. That way they could still play while getting rid of their counts.

It was also different in that simply dying didnt make you in statloss there. You needed to have X many short term kills AND be killed by someone who was a "bounty hunter". It was just liek NPC guild. if you were in it, you were a white hue to all murderers and they can freely attack you.

Pretty reasonable system I think. I odn't think "paying a huge sum of money" would work here though. But the other parts are fun.
    RIN and Celestrael like this.
  12. Cheapsuit

Cheapsuit Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

One way is to force all players to choose a faction upon joining the server. :)
  13. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

Are you in factions yet?
    wylwrk and Leopold like this.
  14. Cheapsuit

I'll never tell. :)
  15. RIN

RIN Well-Known Member

Why do I need to be in a faction to supply everyone with the gear they need to fight?
  16. Cheapsuit

Good point.. so make it where if you choose 4 fighting skills, you have to choose a faction or chaos or order.
  17. Hollywood

Hollywood Well-Known Member

You give great insight on how a shitty server would not succeed.
    Jill Stihl and Rextacy like this.
  18. Cheapsuit

I appreciate the kind words, but really it's nothing, I'm glad to help.
  19. Hollywood

Hollywood Well-Known Member

I gotta give your dedication to trolling with terrible suggestions credit after 9 pages. Kudos
  20. Celestrael

Celestrael Member

TBH all that would be necessary is that all the people who complain there isn’t enough PvP join factions and PvP’d instead of lobbying for more license to PK farmers. Lol
    Rextacy likes this.